College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

Tennessee confirmed they will wear their black uniforms this weekend. They added some black trim and striping to the helmet too to help tie to the look together. It kind of reminds me of something Oklahoma State could wear if they had a simple uniform design.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, guest23 said:

I can't wait until bilema puts them in 90's ILLINOIS uniforms full time and another nike brand unification/modernization initiative is laid to waste via futility on the field and a new coach wanting to get back to tradition.

At the rate Bielema's losing games he'll be gone in 2 years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

At the rate Bielema's losing games he'll be gone in 2 years. 

Even better narrative. They will get 90's throwbacks  full time for a season, he gets fired, then they hire pj fleck to slap boat oars on the 90's set, after fleck gets fired they will have to bring nike back in to clean up the mess and we will get a navy/orange set featuring the block I and the uniform circle will be completed around 2028.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, AJM said:

ASU all maroon versus Stanford this Friday…it’s also Hispanic Heritage night giving us this custom helmet stripe decal:

7jo0J44.jpg

Just some more photos…Hispanic Heritage stripe decal for Fridays’s maroon monsoon game.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

8 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Tennessee confirmed they will wear their black uniforms this weekend. They added some black trim and striping to the helmet too to help tie to the look together. It kind of reminds me of something Oklahoma State could wear if they had a simple uniform design.

Would have been great for Halloween weekend

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Possible hot take: I liked Tennessee’s “Smokey Gray” alternate way more than I like this blackout look.

Some of the elements were a bit gimmicky, but the Smokey Grays were unique and, I think, designed pretty well. The way the orange popped off the uniform was very eye-catching, although in certain lighting, it got lost at points. I think dark gray outlines could have fixed that issue.

Tennessee Volunteers to bring back smokey gray uniforms for game vs.  Georgia Bulldogs

I actually like these black uniforms as well, especially with the extra black trimmings on the helmet. I actually like it better that way, I just can't see the Vols in black helmets.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

50 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Some of the elements were a bit gimmicky, but the Smokey Grays were unique and, I think, designed pretty well. The way the orange popped off the uniform was very eye-catching, although in certain lighting, it got lost at points. I think dark gray outlines could have fixed that issue.

Tennessee Volunteers to bring back smokey gray uniforms for game vs.  Georgia Bulldogs

I actually like these black uniforms as well, especially with the extra black trimmings on the helmet. I actually like it better that way, I just can't see the Vols in black helmets.

I will admit this uniform suffered a bit from the template change (see how the darker gray no longer “curves” into the shoulders like it does in the photo above):

ELTtP4s.jpg

I think the solution could have been to just make the entire rest of the jersey and pants that darker gray color, instead of dropping the uniform altogether. That would also help to solve the readability problem you mentioned.

20 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Tracking Tennessee's uniform changes over the last 10 years

I saw a white version that was like this but with the new helmet and black piping on the orange pant stripe. I think that would be a great away set. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

It's a shame they dropped that striping. It was a great modern twist on a classic identity. Was this a purely coach's preference or was there a popular pushback amongst the fanbase to change it?

2 minutes ago, guest23 said:

It's a shame they dropped that striping. It was a great modern twist on a classic identity. Was this a purely coach's preference or was there a popular pushback amongst the fanbase to change it?

I think it's the coach that changed it because it's still around on other team uniforms.

Lady Vols sign 4-Star player from Spain

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived