College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I have a theory. I've seen similar instances over the years in HBCU football.  Some players will wear accessories (mainly gloves, arm bands, head bands & mouth guards) in the colors of their fraternities despite what the team's colors are. So for example, a Grambling player might wear blue arm bands with his black and yellow uniform if he were a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.  Perhaps that's a thing outside of HBCU sports as well 🤷🏿‍♂️

With that said, I am not familiar with this guy from Texas A&M or know his reasoning for wearing blue stuff.

That’s AWESOME, save that for the fun facts section!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ducks’ campus store is starting to tease the merch drop that goes with the special uniforms that’ll be worn next week at UCLA:

spacer.png

spacer.png

From the info I’ve been given, the base color will be off-white with the black speckled pattern and black accents. I’m gonna guess the numbers will be black with an iridescent outline. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks’ campus store is starting to tease the merch drop that goes with the special uniforms that’ll be worn next week at UCLA:

spacer.png

spacer.png

From the info I’ve been given, the base color will be off-white with the black speckled pattern and black accents. I’m gonna guess the numbers will be black with an iridescent outline. 

Is it quail egg themed?

Quail Eggs: Nutrition, Benefits, and Precautions

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hmmm....reminds me of the galaxy helmets of 2015

15-ODFB-Oregon-Vs-Michigan-St-0465-e1442

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I have a theory. I've seen similar instances over the years in HBCU football.  Some players will wear accessories (mainly gloves, arm bands, head bands & mouth guards) in the colors of their fraternities despite what the team's colors are. So for example, a Grambling player might wear blue arm bands with his black and yellow uniform if he were a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.  Perhaps that's a thing outside of HBCU sports as well 🤷🏿‍♂️

With that said, I am not familiar with this guy from Texas A&M or know his reasoning for wearing blue stuff.

His nickname is Sub-Zero, who is a character from the game Mortal Kombat that uses ice powers to fight. Hence the blue.

5 hours ago, Webfooter said:
The numbers on Oregon's new black jerseys are silver, not green or yellow.

They’re not silver, they just have an iridescent finish. I was at the game and got a chance to see the mannequin with the uni close up, and depending on how the light hits they look anywhere from green to yellow to silver to gold to even a slight pinkish hue. These aren’t my photos (forgot to take my own), but they give a better idea of the iridescent effect:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The numbers mostly just looked yellow from afar in the stands because of the yellow outline, but seeing the players close up I’d say they had more of a slight green tint under the lights than anything. Here are a few more photos of the unis in action:

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

These are the Ducks’ first “dark” jerseys with iridescent numbers since the 2012 Rose Bowl jerseys (which were also worn during the 2012/13 season before the numbers were switched to silver the following year). These are also the first true black jerseys with yellow accents since the 2014/15 Mach Speed jerseys. Seeing them in action, I loved how the bright yellow popped off of the black lids and jerseys, and the iridescent numbers added some flash and interest to an otherwise pretty nondescript jersey. Certainly not my favorite all-black set that the Ducks have worn, but I’d probably put it in my top 3 for all-black combos. I’m hoping they wear the black jerseys with yellow helmets and pants later in the season against Wazzu.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, Midway said:

Tech FB socials have all changed over to the throwback logo. This and earlier jersey leaks suggest we’ll see the return of these beauties this weekend. 

IMG_0500.JPG.2464707fe5510e6a242cff6ac0a62a11.JPG
Now if only TCU would get the memo. 

What memo?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Purdue has gray pants because gray is in the color scheme. Pretty sure they wore them today. 

Small change that may have gone unnoticed this year…Texas’ helmet decals are darker burnt orange, much like the decals were up until the chrome set. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Ducks’ new eggshell alternate jersey is visible on Nike.com:

spacer.png

spacer.png
These images make the jerseys look gray, but they are actually white. All of the rumors said it’d be off-white, so we’ll have to wait and see what the real thing looks like.

We don’t yet know what the pants will look like, but here’s a mock-up of the jersey with matching speckled pants:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived