Jump to content

College Football 2021


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Just when you think bowl game names have jumped the shark and couldn’t possibly get any worse…


So a bland bowl game named after a bland late-night host? Fits perfectly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

E4ChzIPX0AQTc_A.jpg

E4ChzIpVcAUvAI1.jpg

Are the red pants gone for now? I liked the custom numbers from before, but these look much better than those did. I agree with a previous comment about not needing to have the same logo on the neck when it's being used on the sleeves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait, stripeless pants for BC? How did they screw that up?  If you go with stripeless helmets from the Flutie era, wouldn't it make sense to bring the white/maroon/white stripes back on the pants? (Maybe they thought "cleaner" updated jerseys would look weird with Flutie era helmet/pants). 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Wait, stripeless pants for BC? How did they screw that up?  If you go with stripeless helmets from the Flutie era, wouldn't it make sense to bring the white/maroon/white stripes back on the pants? (Maybe they thought "cleaner" updated jerseys would look weird with Flutie era helmet/pants). 

 

 

 

Going off of recent memory, most teams that change suppliers inside of the traditional 18-24 month lead time end up with very basic (eg retro or stripeless) designs because they can be produced quickly. I feel like this is especially the case with adidas and cfb but you see it with other suppliers and sports. Often the 2nd iteration with the supplier ends up with a design that is more trendy and reflective of the supplier's aesthetic. Still disappointed we are not seeing champion unis and new balance footwear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, guest23 said:

 

Going off of recent memory, most teams that change suppliers inside of the traditional 18-24 month lead time end up with very basic (eg retro or stripeless) designs because they can be produced quickly. I feel like this is especially the case with adidas and cfb but you see it with other suppliers and sports. Often the 2nd iteration with the supplier ends up with a design that is more trendy and reflective of the supplier's aesthetic. Still disappointed we are not seeing champion unis and new balance footwear.

Do we know if Adidas even had any input to design here or did BC just order some uniforms from the Adidas online catalogue? I can't see Adidas putting much effort into a school that they dont have a full uniform deal with. There have been no press releases nor social media posts from Adidas about BC. Every article about it has quotes from BC staff and admins but nothing from Adidas. I wouldnt be shocked if BC has to buy the uniforms in this case. The fact that its only a 2 year deal makes me wonder if New Balance is starting up a football line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Do we know if Adidas even had any input to design here or did BC just order some uniforms from the Adidas online catalogue? I can't see Adidas putting much effort into a school that they dont have a full uniform deal with. There have been no press releases nor social media posts from Adidas about BC. Every article about it has quotes from BC staff and admins but nothing from Adidas. I wouldnt be shocked if BC has to buy the uniforms in this case. The fact that its only a 2 year deal makes me wonder if New Balance is starting up a football line.

It's probably more to do with a quick turnaround, rather than New Balance starting up their football line. They still do have teams wearing their uniforms though so I think this was a case of the big name paying them a little something instead of them buying gear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This to me is still the best BC has ever looked...

 

rajijpg.jpg

 

p-NsbL8Trmqs_BvoFJ07CUO-2poNw_K-UdRMnnhx

 

Don't even attempt to try to change my mind; it won't work. 

 

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Don't even attempt to try to change my mind; it won't work. 

 

:)

 

You're good, I'm not gonna try and make you believe that 2 + 2 isn't 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Any reason why BC insists on using that throwback logo? The modernized eagle with the BC looks great IMO. 

 

They seem to have an identity crisis at the moment. They've been using both logos interchangeably in promo graphics for the new NB and Adidas deals.

 

Adidas sucks, as usual. This is a big downgrade from their final Under Armour set (which, in my opinion, is the best they've ever looked).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Hopefully just a one off. I thought Wisconsin nailed it with their last update and perfectly solved the Nebraska dilemma.

If only they made a set of red pants

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Isn't that all they did, taking stripes off the pants?

 

The white pants are new, though, right? I don't think they had them last year. Usually yellow or blue pants, I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Once again, stripes on the pants would make this a lot better. 

Why does anyone think that white-outs are special anymore? They just kind of exist. Nothing new. This really does not fit with the Pitt aesthetic, but I guess everyone has to have a pair now.

 

Honestly, not a bad look, but it just feels generic, especially with the pants going without a stripe. I just can't really get excited about it. Yawn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.