Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, dont care said:

These look like something you’d see in a GTA video game. With Chicago’s known gang violence problem I’m not a fan.

Gangs have adopted the White Sox imagery. Adding a look that is very much within their own brand language doesn’t mean they’re adding gang imagery, that’s what the Clippers did.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 minute ago, JTernup said:

Gangs have adopted the White Sox imagery. Adding a look that is very much within their own brand language doesn’t mean they’re adding gang imagery, that’s what the Clippers did.

What? This logic is so backwards I don’t even know where to begin because none of it makes sense.

11 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Define “worked for..”

13 minutes ago, dont care said:

What’s your definition of “worked” because to me it did not

Presumable worked enough that they used the design for two seasons.

I'm not a fan or anything, but I see why they did it in LA and see why they carried it to Chicago. It's not my aesthetic, but it definitely has its marketplace.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

With the all black jersey and pants, they really missed an opportunity to have actual white socks. That would have looked so nice. Overall, these look okay. They still look like the White Sox, even if they do look like a GTA knockoff, and I'm sure those hats and jerseys will be extremely popular with their target market.

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

One thing I just realized, Tony La Russa is going to look hilarious wearing these. 

Kinda hope he finds a couple old school windbreakers so that he can layer the collars under them. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I was wondering after the Miami ones were unveiled whether these uniforms would all just be new jersey designs and caps with standard pants, but I guess this one answered that question. 

Not sure if anyone realized it but Miami  had new pants, they just had a single blue stripe, Miami's regular pants have a blue, black and red piping normally.

One thing I've noticed with both Miami and now the White Sox City Connect, even if the uniforms have faults, the really strong wordmarks are making for some excellent hoodies. I'm a Marlins fan and can't see myself wearing their city connect jersey but I'd love to eventually grab the hoodie version, and I can see the same for the White Sox one. The hoodie displays the best part of the CC jerseys and let's you get away from whatever doesn't work about the jerseys.

The only thing I don't like about the White Sox one... it feels like this is for a very specific target audience, like more specific than usual. I can't see a Chicago businessman grabbing one of these jerseys when he visits the ballpark after leaving the office early to catch a game. It's too "street" for my tastes,

Archived