Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

Wrong for having an opinion 🤔

He was calling your opinion wrong, not saying you're wrong as a person

People hold incorrect or wrong opinions all the time. Sometimes factually and sometimes subjectively. On a side note I don't understand why you like these uniforms either.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:46 AM, selgy said:

The design team has to have a research department to bounce things off of???

So are these things like Southside/South Side almost done deliberately for controversy? 

The rest of the uniform I really like. Shocked Nike didn't try to throw a non-White Sox color onto it. 

Nine times out of ten, if the wording on a commercial product seems off, I’d guess it was a trademark issue.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:33 AM, the admiral said:

I still think this was as aimed at a target demographic as any St. Patrick's Day stuff, and I don't like it. Sorry I didn't like your work. I'll probably like something else in the future.

Not my work. You’re just way off target if you think the designers and marketers creating this stuff have motives beyond creating something that’ll melt the internet and making sure all the units get sold before they hit the shelves.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

They didn't seem to care about team colors on the other two.

It’s almost like each team is run by different people with different aesthetic preferences and corporate branding philosophies...

Toy Story Disney GIF

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 5/29/2021 at 8:42 AM, Quillz said:

I'd say alongside Miami, this one is pretty good. I also wonder if that means the Cubs will embrace "Northside?"

Maybe they go with "Wrigleyville" on a red jersey incorporating elements of the classic sign.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Maybe they go with "Wrigleyville" on a red jersey incorporating elements of the classic sign.

I wouldn't put it past them to make a "Wrigleyville" jersey using the "W" from the win flag.

16 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Seems way too "tame" to be the Cubs' City Connect look. 

I agree. Can't be City Connect... I'm thinking it could just be a fashion jersey...

SIG.png

I mean, the Cubs aren't exactly a team known for pushing the envelope when it comes to aesthetics, remember.  The tweeter also followed that post with this;

And the closest match I can find on the Cubs' store to this jersey is the Cooperstown Collection '76 jersey, which still isn't an exact match to the jersey above and has an entirely different tag at the bottom;

spacer.png

With red and light blue already being done for Miami. I curious if they will go back to those same colors for the Cubs? 

Someone else said it. I can see some weird green uniform to "represent" the Ivy of some nonsense like that. 

I halfway feel like making a crass joke about Steve Bartman up in here, but--somehow, I just can't bring myself to do it...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Going back to the white sox jersey... as a sox fan from the south side, I absolutely love them. The white sox don’t care if fans of the 29 other teams don’t like their jerseys. It’s meant for the south siders and their fans... and the fan feedback has been outstanding.

Archived