Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Have they said why the Cubs are using navy? There's no navy on the Chicago flag.

the cubs have a history of navy uniforms, so it's a throwback to that from the 1910s

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

39 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Suggestion, what if the Cubs outlined the Wrigleyville letters in red? That would mimmick the white letters being against the red sign, obviously it's the red of the 6 point stars as well, and of course it would provide a spark of color to the whole uniform.

Like so?

spacer.png

On 6/7/2021 at 9:26 PM, the admiral said:

Anyway, I hate these uniforms. They're hideous. They're worse than what the Sox have. These may replace the orange Bears alternate as the "keep an eye on this guy, he's about to do something really dumb" jersey.

I thought that was the green St. Paddy's Day Blackhawks counterfeit. 

4 hours ago, Mingjai said:

ErVn2uzWMAE0RWE.jpg

Blanda wasn't married to a supermodel who dresses and otherwise cleans him up before photo shoots to make sure he and his TB12 brand are in top form. 

6 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

This reminds me of the meme about how Tom Cruise is currently the same age Wilford Brimley was when they made The Firm together.

spacer.png

Nutrition. I’m 44 but I constantly get carded because I look like I’m still in middle school. Lol 

56 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

This reminds me of the meme about how Tom Cruise is currently the same age Wilford Brimley was when they made The Firm together.

spacer.png

Wil Wheaton  is older now than Patrick Stewart was when Star Trek: The Next Generation began.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Have they said why the Cubs are using navy? There's no navy on the Chicago flag.

Gotta say, I'm a little peeved about the Cubs in navy.  I have to believe the Brewers decision to retain navy was at least in part to not step on toes and be another royal team in the NL Central.  The Cubs may have worn navy at a time when pretty much every team was navy or red, but they've been royal blue for a good century now.  It'd be one thing if the Marlins added random colors (ironically, their City Connect jerseys were quite tame), but not a club with as much history as the Cubs.

They didn't have to overthink this.  Something like a royal jersey swapping out the Cubs circle for the Municipal Device would have been perfectly fine. 

The City Connect unis are currently sitting with a .500 OPS.

1 minute ago, NicDB said:

Gotta say, I'm a little peeved about the Cubs in navy.  I have to believe the Brewers decision to retain navy was at least in part to not step on toes and be another royal team in the NL Central. 

I really don't believe that.   It was entirely about what sells.

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

I really don't believe that.   It was entirely about what sells.

In the Brewers case, it was their royal pinstriped fauxbacks that were selling more than any other of their jerseys.

Also, you'd have to think there would be a powder blue uniform with the new set if it were strictly about what sells.

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Wil Wheaton  is older now than Patrick Stewart was when Star Trek: The Next Generation began.

My gods.  I never realized Stewart was only 47 in Encounter at Farpoint:

tngencounteratfarpoint1.jpg?itok=xb0ZMZ3

Wil Wheaton at 48:

Wil-Wheaton-Rival-Speak.jpg?q=50&fit=cro

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Cubs have been trying to backdoor their way into navy blue merchandise for like 20 years. They had navy/royal/red BP gear for a while as a way to justify selling navy hats. It looked like crap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 hours ago, BBTV said:

My gods.  I never realized Stewart was only 47 in Encounter at Farpoint:

tngencounteratfarpoint1.jpg?itok=xb0ZMZ3

Wil Wheaton at 48:

Wil-Wheaton-Rival-Speak.jpg?q=50&fit=cro

So Patrick Stewart is Benjamin Button, but stuck somewhere in the middle of life?

Lifeforce (1985)

Lifeforce (1985)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, NicDB said:

In the Brewers case, it was their royal pinstriped fauxbacks that were selling more than any other of their jerseys.

That’s not what I was told.  The pinstripes have been the second-best sellers, behind the navy “Milwaukee” jerseys.  Which is why the Brewers finally put the city name back on the road jerseys after two decades. 

And likewise, the navy caps have been top sellers over the past couple years.  Now, the cynic in me says that’s because they were new and the royal caps have been around for fifteen years and everybody already bought five or ten, but 🤷🏽‍♂️.

22 hours ago, NicDB said:

Also, you'd have to think there would be a powder blue uniform with the new set if it were strictly about what sells.

Don't have any explanation for that one, either than owners tend to think they know best sometimes. 

But calling it now - City Connect.  😄

Archived