Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series

1 minute ago, FiddySicks said:

Only thing I can come up with is it has to be some sort of a nod to this uni, I guess? 

Or a desert theme. I’m guessing what they go with

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The exact opposite of this

Way to be the buzzkill Curt. We don’t even know what the uniform will look like. The hat I like. Although I would like to see something with Phoenix. But I’m optimistic 

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Way to be the buzzkill Curt. We don’t even know what the uniform will look like. The hat I like. Although I would like to see something with Phoenix. But I’m optimistic 

Phoenix, Arizona -->  Boring city -->  City connect uniforms should reflect this -->  Black and sand uniforms

6uXNWAo.png

I know I shouldn't judge the look based only on the cap but man, sand and black seems really uninspired when there's at least a half dozen more interesting and bold color combos they could've used which would also be region-appropriate. 

The Cubs' uniform looked terrible in pictures and worse in action. The names get lost on the backs, they're using one of those Not Quite Block number sets that Nike spits out on a weekly basis for college football, the head-to-toe navy blue is ugly, and there's too much powder blue. To make matters worse, the Cardinals wore their baggy powder-blue fauxbacks against them. At least the Cubs won, but what a blemish on back-to-full-capacity weekend. I'd prefer never to see them again. And Wrigleyville sucks now anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I know I shouldn't judge the look based only on the cap but man, sand and black seems really uninspired when there's at least a half dozen more interesting and bold color combos they could've used which would also be region-appropriate. 

All they would need to add is turquoise. That would be a great color combination.  

8 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Are we even sure that's a City Connect hat? Either way, I'm not a fan. Sure, it's "desert-y" but certainly on the bland side considering the vibrant colors that the Diamondbacks have worn over the years.

The Diamondbacks hid two replies on their teaser video for the unis with screenshots of the hats on New Era’s site, so that should about confirm it. Gonna rule when it just says SNAKES in cursive.

Waaaait a minute. I think I might know what it says, and I don't think it's "Snakes". I think it might actually say "Sidewinders", as an homage to the old AAA Tuscon Sidewinders.

Would be a good way to get around the geographic name, and we know at least some teams like the Marlins are using old minor-league teams as inspiration for City Connect jerseys. Given the Sidewinders were a D-Backs affiliate...

Archived