Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DEAD said:

I think that snake looks more like a cursive capital L.

It also kind of looks like a P.  Either way, S isn’t the first letter I’d think of if I didn’t know before hand.

Overall it’s not the worst we’ve seen yet, Boston will probably always take that crown. But it really isn’t good either. Not a single one of these jerseys has looked good so far, and that’s besides the unnecessary motive behind them.

The only one with a base design I think could actually work is the White Sox. But with the dumb Southside monicker, weird CHI cap logo, and unnecessary camo pattern, it takes what could be a good uniform, and turns it into a glorified fashion jersey. 

I know the on field modeling is the sole reason these exist, but was just creating dumb fashion jerseys not enough for Nike? That applies to both the NBA and MLB.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I like concept for the Español name and the snake costume idea, but the rest stinks big-time. What a missed opportunity, which fits for a team that wasted talent like Paul Goldschmidt.

Oh crap, I must be dyslexic. I read it wrong... I thought it read serpentes, without the 'i' . That would have meant the suborder for snakes. 

I saw, I came, I left.

I am thoroughly whelmed. Aside from the cursive S that’s about the blandest baseball uniform I’ve ever seen, right down to the primary color. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

If it’s not the worst I don’t know what is. Serpientes? Really? This is a glorified Latin nights jersey

All this is is a glorified cream color jersey. Which is completely fine. There’s been worse.

mono turquoise, purple accents  with black socks and white sandal looking cleats. El Retirados   That would have connected with the city.  Hey I’m kiddding 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Serpientes? Really? This is a glorified Latin nights jersey

I agree with this. The execution is just so lazy. At least for the Marlins they did some research and drew a connection with a historical Cuban baseball team.

This makes me fearful of what the Dodgers City Connect will be like.

"Serpientes" would have been a far better name than D-Backs. Go Serps. 

It's very bland, but given what an atrocity this series has been to date, I guess that just means I hate it least.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived