Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series

5 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Maybe they'll do a Levi's denim jersey.

I'd bet my cat's left nut that it'll have a cable car or the Golden Gate Bridge on it. That's probably all Nike knows about San Francisco. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

I'd bet my cat's left nut that it'll have a cable car or the Golden Gate Bridge on it. That's probably all Nike knows about San Francisco. 

First off, everyone should spay or neuter their pets.

Secondly, yes, you are correct. The cable car or bridge is 100% coming.

On 6/21/2021 at 3:54 PM, DNAsports said:

Arizona is in a good spot with this uniform honestly. Like @IceCap said though, there’s some very peculiar choices being made and there’s just too much going on.

• Black primary “A” shows up twice on the uniform (hat, left sleeve)

• State Flag on right sleeve

• New barely visible triangle snake logo on the lower portion of jersey

• Entirely new font being used for the wordmark across the chest

• Red number color when the only other red is being used in barely visible new triangle snake logo and state flag logo

• Number font doesn’t match up properly with wordmark font

• Sand jersey with normal white pants clash badly

Fixes-

• Make the hat “A” red -OR- place triangle snake logo on the hat

• Move triangle snake logo up to left sleeve, removing “A”

• State flag isn’t really needed, but it gets a pass for being the City Connect jersey

• Use a standard block number font

• Recolor the wordmark red

• Add a single black stripe to each sleeve

• Use sand color pants

• Add pinstripes(?)

Agreed on your points - most specifically about that neat triangle snake logo could've been the hat logo - the Marlins did a unique logo for their hat, so it's not like it hasn't been done.

8 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

Dude an Alcatraz jersey would be sweet. Pitripes with "The Rock" on the front??

When I was out in SF years ago, I was in a gift shop type store, and they had this (with matching shorts) and I had to get it.  I'm on board with something like that.

nhltwpt.jpg

kebnzNN.jpg

As much as a Chinatown-themed uniform would be cool, China doesn't exactly have the best standing in the world right now (not that that should matter given we're talking about honoring the city's Chinese population vs. the CCP, but you know how people are) and something tells me an Alcatraz-themed uni would get flamed for "glorifying incarceration" or something like that. 

Every major city in North America has a Chinatown, so that wouldn't offer anything unique to San Francisco.

My money is on something Golden Gate related, especially since orange is already part of their colour scheme.

2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Every major city in North America has a Chinatown, so that wouldn't offer anything unique to San Francisco.

My money is on something Golden Gate related, especially since orange is already part of their colour scheme.

Color schemes don’t matter when it comes to this. Nike does what Nike wanna do.

5 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

True, but San Francisco's Chinatown is the oldest in the U.S. and largest outside of Asia. 

Ok, so not just Chinatown then, but THE Chinatown?? 😄

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

True, but San Francisco's Chinatown is the oldest in the U.S. and largest outside of Asia. 

Even then it's but one small section of San Francisco. And hardly representative of the entire city. Actually for all this crap people, myself included, give San Francisco, it's got a lot going on. 

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

How many Chinatowns had a major motion picture made in their honour???

spacer.png

Granted Big Trouble wasn't directed by a pedophile but...

chinatown-5630dc22b66cc.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

(That said I've always thought New York's Chinatown was more iconic than LA, but SF is the OG.)

2 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Granted Big Trouble wasn't directed by a pedophile but...

chinatown-5630dc22b66cc.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

(That said I've always thought New York's Chinatown was more iconic than LA, but SF is the OG.)

"Forget about it Jake, it's nike cityconnect..."

58 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

SF would the city that a "Chinatown" would be best known, for, then New York.

I think of Koreatown as more associated with LA

I saw, I came, I left.

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

SF would the city that a "Chinatown" would be best known, for, then New York.

I think of Koreatown as more associated with LA

Yeah Chinatown is more associated with SF than any other city. I think Koreatown is more associated with LA due to the Rodney King riots

2 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

Yeah Chinatown is more associated with SF than any other city. I think Koreatown is more associated with LA due to the Rodney King riots

It's completely evolved from the riots and is definitely a cultural center worth visiting. K-town is the biggest Korean outpost outside of Seoul. LA has so many littles/towns it's really hard to keep track of. Here's an incomplete sampling in no particular order:

• Armenia
  • Ethopia
  • Bangladesh
  • Thaitown
  • Filipinotown
  • Tokyo
  • Osaka
  • Tehrangeles
  • Saigon (OC)
  • Venice 😛

39 minutes ago, guest23 said:

It's completely evolved from the riots and is definitely a cultural center worth visiting. K-town is the biggest Korean outpost outside of Seoul. LA has so many littles/towns it's really hard to keep track of. 

-Scientology HQ

scientology-headquarters-picture-id52125

Granted, Tampa Bay would also be suited for a Scientology-themed jersey.

On 6/24/2021 at 8:14 AM, tBBP said:

Ok, so not just Chinatown then, but THE Chinatown?? 😄

Even the "Chinatown" movie wasn't about SF, though. It was about LA's Chinatown. (Well, really, it was just about the SoCal Water Wars in general). I don't think a "Chinatown" reference would work at all.

Archived