Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad look, kind of boring but overall inoffensive. Considering the Dodgers don't have an actual Dodger blue alternate I'm sure these will be embraced by fans. I like that there's matching blue pants, but once again, as evident by that photo of Mookie Betts, they absolutely have to be worn high-cuffed. 

The full "Los Dodgers" script on the cap looks REALLY dumb. I would be happier if they had just used the Spring Training "D" logo cap. 

"Let's add some paint to the sleeves to reflect the colorful paint that adorns the streets of Los Angeles!"

"Sounds great boss!"

puts black paint splatter on a deep blue uniform

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

13 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Any Dodger fans out on the board with experience with the fan base?

I've been to exactly one game in LA, so I cannot get a full picture of what may or may not resonate with fans.

What's funny is that the fanbase and the city for that matter is already heavily integrated with Latino culture. What does not resonate is that by putting Los in the script you are potentially alienating all if the other ethnic groups that have carved out their own identity in one of the most diverse cities in the country. Last game I went to ended up being Filipino night and there were around 10k fans wearing commemorative Dodger home jerseys with a Philippines flag patch on it.

Back to the question. The traditional blue hat and white jersey is by far the dominant combo worn by fans. The next tier down is the gray jersey and either the gray or black LA fashion cap.

This whole Los thing really bothers me because they locked in that fan base 40 years ago and there is so much more diversity to promote in the city that this feels like a step backward.

That hat is terrible.

Didn't the Dodgers have a BP hat in the early 2000s that had the Dodgers script and it looked bad? Maybe I'm making that up. 

To say that the dots on the sleeve are just like drops of spray paint is pretty brutal too. I would never guessed it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hat and jersey are meh, but I like the blue pants and the graffiti on the wall.  Put some of that graffiti on the jersey and it will sell out in minutes!

I guess "Los Dodgers" is a thing, they have Viva Los Dodgers festivals throughout the season.   However it's NEXT weekend 🤦‍♂️

Well, fans wanted a blue alt for years and they finally got one.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived