What uniforms in current use do you think will be thrown back to in 25-30 years?

It's a tough thing to predict. You basically need to think of a set that is beloved enough that the team would bring it back, but not too beloved that it'll still be in use for the next few decades. These are a couple I can think of, mainly because of their association with championships.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not that Eagles one. They'll be wearing that forever.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Twins won the World Series recently?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hopefully not this exact one, but I'd love to see the Vice Heat make a comeback in future years, and hopefully as a replacement for the red/yellow/black set:

player-slider-3a.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 4/7/2021 at 11:55 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Hopefully not this exact one, but I'd love to see the Vice Heat make a comeback in future years, and hopefully as a replacement for the red/yellow/black set:

player-slider-3a.jpg

Yeah I think at this point with as many people clamoring for the Vice colors as there are, the Heat may as well make the perma-switch to the Vice colorway--though, as noted above, not in ^ that guise. 

(That would also help out the Skyforce up here in town, too...red and black has never really suited them, plus they looked better in bright teal.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Good question. I think the Seahawks will eventually move to a newer template and possibly even prioritize their action green color, so these Superbowl/LOB era uniforms will someday be worn as 'throwbacks'. 

spacer.png

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
9 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

These aren’t current, but I think it could be seen in the same light as the late 90s Cavs or Rockets.

spacer.png

I'm sure that this is a hot take, but I really liked this set. Swap out lime for yellow, make the red the primary away uniform, flip the number colors, and limit the use of the pattern to only around the collar and this is one of the better looks in the NBA. It's a really nice, modern template that doesn't feel too over-the-top or gimmicky, lime color notwithstanding. Perfect for a energetic city like Atlanta for an up-and-coming young team like the Hawks. Are there better looks in the Hawks history? Sure, but this look is by no means the worst and was a few small tweaks away from being one of the better looks in the team's storied history.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, PERRIN said:

I'm sure that this is a hot take, but I really liked this set. Swap out lime for yellow, make the red the primary away uniform, flip the number colors, and limit the use of the pattern to only around the collar and this is one of the better looks in the NBA. It's a really nice, modern template that doesn't feel too over-the-top or gimmicky, lime color notwithstanding. Perfect for a energetic city like Atlanta for an up-and-coming young team like the Hawks. Are there better looks in the Hawks history? Sure, but this look is by no means the worst and was a few small tweaks away from being one of the better looks in the team's storied history.

I’ll go one step further and say I liked the volt for the Hawks. It feels analogous to the Seahawks use of lime green. It’s pretty subtle and restrained, thankfully they never came out with a volt jersey.

15 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I’ll go one step further and say I liked the volt for the Hawks. It feels analogous to the Seahawks use of lime green. It’s pretty subtle and restrained, thankfully they never came out with a volt jersey.

No, but they did this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If they used the regular fonts from that era that'd be a solid alternate look. The black on volt works as an extension of that set without going too crazy, plus it's a nod to a beloved throwback set.  As a regular uniform, I'd hate it. As an alternate, it's fine.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Archived