LogoFan

The Spring League adds 2 teams

Recommended Posts

One good, one bad. 

The Sea Lions was an unused A11FL logo from Dane Storrusten, but with a new wordmark.  A+

spacer.png

 

 

The Lineman logo...not sure who designed it but what is it that adding steaks behind something is supposed to make it a good logo?  D.  At least it's not the Buffaslug.  Poor name to begin with and logo doesn't save it.
TSLLinemen.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LogoFan said:

One good, one bad. 

The Sea Lions was an unused A11FL logo from Dane Storrusten.  A+

Sea Lions logo

 

 

The Lineman logo...not sure who designed it but what is it that adding steaks behind something is supposed to make it a good logo?  D.  At least it's not the Buffaslug.  Poor name to begin with and logo doesn't save it.
Linemen logo

They said to guess the name, I would have said Wildcatter but not Lineman. At least the old unused logos are now getting used legitimately instead of rotting in message boards as recolored high school logos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linemen's logo looks like a fictional Pittsburgh or Hamilton, ON team you'd see in a sports movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Linemen's logo looks like a fictional Pittsburgh or Hamilton, ON team you'd see in a sports movie.

hamilton, ontario, you say? would you say the lineman's confidence is all ego?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bottom gold streak could have been left off. I’m almost betting those will be their shell colors too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have as much confidence in this league as I did the A11FL which is none. Especially with the XFL restarting again, FCFL and others already filling the market. They don’t have a known brand like the XFL, or already established and somehow functioning like the FCFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

FCFL is still functioning? 

They’re having a second season right? So that means they are still functioning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dont care said:

I have as much confidence in this league as I did the A11FL which is none. Especially with the XFL restarting again, FCFL and others already filling the market. They don’t have a known brand like the XFL, or already established and somehow functioning like the FCFL.

Unlike the A11FL that never saw the field, The Spring League is now on its 5th season.  They have had absolutely the most modest of structures.  Ironically, they partnered with the AAF and then XFL.  While both of the latter leagues are gone, TSL is still around.  They will have 8 teams this season but have no wish to try to be on the big stage.  Modest plans seem to have worked for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LogoFan said:

Unlike the A11FL that never saw the field, The Spring League is now on its 5th season.  They have had absolutely the most modest of structures.  Ironically, they partnered with the AAF and then XFL.  While both of the latter leagues are gone, TSL is still around.  They will have 8 teams this season but have no wish to try to be on the big stage.  Modest plans seem to have worked for them.

They aren't a league any more than they are a glorified moving combine. Most of the players pay to play in the league. They have low costs as well because they aren't paying for facilities that cost as much as renting a group of football practice fields and some emergency services people to be on site during practices and games. Last year they actually had players swapping teams when they were in San Antonio due to Covid outbreaks in one of the teams. Then they played the championship in Florida because people werre complaining when they stopped altogether. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Notice they get on these channels in seasons 4 and 5, not #1.

 

Yes, yes indeed I noticed, but to be fair there weren't really much of a "league" in the first few years. More like a glorified combine with some scrimmage type games really. They have grown slowly and unlike many other startup "leagues" at leas they are still around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.