USFL updates by Oldschoolvikings

oldschoolvikings

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BengalErnst said:

Holy cow This is absolutely an awesome idea pulled off perfectly. Was this 100% your idea?  Beautiful!

Do you mean the bandana helmet?  I don't think I've seen that before, but it's a bit like the old Iowa Barnstormers helmet, at least in concept. Just something that popped into my head.  I thought it looked a bit like a ninja turtle from the back.

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Do you mean the bandana helmet?  I don't think I've seen that before, but it's a bit like the old Iowa Barnstormers helmet, at least in concept. Just something that popped into my head.  I thought it looked a bit like a ninja turtle from the back.

Exactly what I meant. Never seen anything quite like it. I’m a fan 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

OK... on with the western themed USFL teams. We've had the Wranglers, the Outlaws, the Gamblers, the Gunslingers, and now the final cowboy team, the Tampa Bay Bandits. That's 5 teams out of 18. Although how a western outlaw, wearing a red bandana (is this the same guy from the Oklahoma Outlaws?) on a galloping horse got all the way east to Tampa, I can't tell you.

This one is pretty close to what the originally wore. It was such a blatant and unashamed rip of the Ohio State University, I though I'd just leave it that way.

spacer.png

On 4/28/2021 at 7:53 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I coach a semi pro team called the Watertown Rebels and I may see what this looks like with our colors and logo. I love this 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

On 4/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Although how a western outlaw, wearing a red bandana (is this the same guy from the Oklahoma Outlaws?) on a galloping horse got all the way east to Tampa, I can't tell you.

Burt Reynolds was in the ownership group, Bandits comes from Smokey and the Bandit movies

24 minutes ago, Skycast said:

Burt Reynolds was in the ownership group, Bandits comes from Smokey and the Bandit movies

Quite right, Skycast.  More on that in this post (with pics) from this thread from a little over a year ago (shameless plug) : 

Top 16 Pop-Culture Derived Team Nicknames

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Cool. They should've put a Trams Am on the side of the helmet.

I grew up in Tampa and Sebring (south central Florida), graduated high school in 1986; went to many Bandits games back in the day and they did have a Bandit Trans Am on the sidelines for many of the games I attended. Such great memories and a fun time in the stadium compared to Bucs games back then. They would throw hundreds if not thousands of beach balls out of the press box that got batted around the stadium and they left the nets down during field goals and extra points...you caught the ball you got to keep it. Buddy of mine had his hands on one briefly before someone knocked it out of his hands.

I remember watching Herschel Walker, Reggie White and many, many more back then...great memories flooding back. Long live Bandit Ball!!!

1 hour ago, B-Rich said:

Quite right, Skycast.  More on that in this post (with pics) from this thread from a little over a year ago (shameless plug) : 

I had that Loni Anderson poster on my wall. Man, I miss the USFL still to this day.

Archived