Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

“We think the ‘B’ logo exemplifies our on-field product from the last 20 years better. Because it is incredibly mediocre. We wanted a logo that looks and feels like an 8-8 Marvin Lewis team.”

Maybe if they are grading on a curve

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/11/2021 at 9:50 PM, dont care said:

That would be the worst possible option, if you know they need to be backed by orange just make the yoke orange and be done with it.

Why? The yoke looked terrible on the last uniform and has looked terrible on basically every football uniform ever.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

On 3/13/2021 at 2:41 PM, TenaciousG said:

“We think the ‘B’ logo exemplifies our on-field product from the last 20 years better. Because it is incredibly mediocre. We wanted a logo that looks and feels like an 8-8 Marvin Lewis team.”

A ‘C’ would still be more appropriate. 

11 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Tell that to the Brown family. I’ve always said that B exists for their name and not Bengals. They put themselves over the city and over the team nickname.

That's another reason to switch to a C.

I think the stripes simply look better on a B than a C. But I totally agree with the concept that the city initial would be better, all else equal.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That's another reason to switch to a C.

I think the stripes simply look better on a B than a C. But I totally agree with the concept that the city initial would be better, all else equal.

I think it depends on what font you go with. A striped C could look great, or terrible. 

Or honestly they could come up with something entirely new. None of the Bengals logos seem particularly tethered to the team identity, they're a team that has never had the logo on their helmets and their identity seems more about the tiger stripes than anything else.

18 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Why? The yoke looked terrible on the last uniform and has looked terrible on basically every football uniform ever.

spacer.png

their past away uniform looked great with a yoke. It’s every other uniform that looked like trash with the side panels 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

spacer.png

their past away uniform looked great with a yoke. It’s every other uniform that looked like trash with the side panels 

The new simplified stripes on a solid orange yoke and removal of the TV number would really clean this up. I hope that's what we see.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Nike, if anything, improved the previous Bengals set by having the yoke lineup with each other. Looking at the away uniform specifically, that little tweak made the uniform look decent. Especially since they didn't have the side vents like the home jersey. 

A rare Nike complement from me. 

XM4KeeA.png

On 3/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, Sport said:

balgmqgkjrpbulyceyrf.jpg

It's essentially this with more orange around the numbers. I think that works fine. 

Absolute shame they didn't keep this as their Away and add a Home built on the same design.  The 1-color block numbers, black neckband, and black sleeves made this one of the great uniforms over the past several years. 

These will still be an upgrade, but the new number font is terrible compared to this traditional block font and the white/orange 2-color setup takes away from the stripes.  They could've kept this uniform, switched the "B" to "BENGALS", changed the stripes to orange & black, and added a black jersey with orange or white 1-color numbers and had a terrific, timeless set.

And, there's just no need for an Orange Alt whatsoever.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, pHiL Kizer said:

I wish they would go with something like this.  (Credit to the OC - Ted Hyman)

yjbcMDN.jpg

uU44NYm.jpg

oZSMnDu.jpg

I understand keeping the helmet, but this is a pretty fantastic concept.  

On 3/15/2021 at 5:42 PM, throwuascenario said:

I've always thought of a yoke as something that includes the nameplate, but maybe that's wrong.

That's an interesting thought.  The Packers' yoke does:

usatsi_9635355-e1510895226401.jpg?w=1000

But is that an essential element of the yoke?  Is it even standard?  I don't know that enough NFL clubs have ever worn yokes with names for us to establish a real precedent.

Yokes are much more common in hockey, and there it seems standard for it to end above the nameplate.

nhl-dallas-stars-at-new-jersey-devils-3acut.jpg

So if we're going to use that as a guide, yokes don't necessarily have to cover nameplates.  Personally, I think the Packers would have benefitted from a narrower yoke like the Titans wore.  And when they inevitably bring back the 1940s throwbacks, I hope they take the opportunity to make that one change.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:38 PM, aawagner011 said:

Not to continue the Titan-jack, but they’d have been perfect if they stuck with the old style but thickened the yoke a bit like their original design, matched the helmet stripes to the pants, and chose a new number font. With the right combos, those tweaks would make them one of the better designs in the league. I also like the way their colors look with the matte Nike fabrics rather than the shiny Reebok style. Their current design is a total miss. The only aspect I kinda like is the sword style yolk on the shoulders. The rest is rough.

I agree except I think the skinny yoke is a far superior look. Makes it feel like a part of the uniform rather than the top half of two uniforms.

As far as collars go for Cincy, a normal width contrast makes sense but I'd rather no collar than another giant-thick Nike eye-sore.

Archived