Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

On 1/27/2021 at 7:55 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

It makes me mad how little some people know and/or care about uniforms. They also usually love whatever is put in front of them.

I've read comments on message boards and social media over the years such as "I don't care if they wear [dresses with flowers / pink polka dots / burlap sacks / fill-in-the-blank], as long as they win. My (unspoken) reaction to that is "If not the uniform, what exactly is it that you're rooting for then? What makes you a fan of a particular franchise?" For some, I guess it's geography and the fact that they play in your city. But it can't be the players, at least not long term, because rosters turn over fairly quickly. I don't know many people that regularly change their fan allegiance based on the names on the roster.

I will always believe that Seinfeld had it right when he said we basically root for laundry. Those who deny that are fooling themselves. So to then say that the laundry doesn't matter is just foolish.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, throwmesomepics said:

Idk if the Texans discussion is still going on but I wanted to add that this was the Texans best combo:

spacer.png

It looks especially good with the red socks. I believe they’ve only worn it once in franchise history during a late season home game against the Jaguars in 2016. In my opinion, if the Texans stick with navy as a primary, they should keep a red/white home game, and replace one of the two color rush games with this beauty.

I think the color Rush pants(red stripe) would match better than the regular road pants(white stripe)

I've never liked any iteration of the tiger stripes. I would prefer a non-literal interpretation like they had in the Ken Anderson days. I know that's never going to happen as the name and the color scheme are too suggestive, so I guess I would go with the late 90s look.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

On 1/31/2021 at 3:09 AM, tommytimp said:

I've never liked any iteration of the tiger stripes. I would prefer a non-literal interpretation like they had in the Ken Anderson days. I know that's never going to happen as the name and the color scheme are too suggestive, so I guess I would go with the late 90s look.

It's kinda funny, I made a concept a while ago that basically did this, complete with less literal (but still distinct) stripes...and despite feeling the whole thing was some of my better work, I never wanna see the helmet IRL, at least not in Cincinnati.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 1/22/2021 at 9:44 PM, colortv said:

what are the top 5 NFL teams in need of a rebrand/new uniforms in everyone's opinion?

1. Broncos

2. Cardinals

3. Jaguars

4. Rams

5. Panthers

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1. Titans

2. Cardinals

3. Rams

4. Falcons

Those four for sure. Not sure who I'd put at 5. Maybe the Seahawks, I guess.

The Jaguars could use a few tweaks (teal/gold number outlines and a pants stripe.) I think the Broncos are fine, unless they're switching to the color rush jerseys, they should keep status quo.

Here’s mine:

1) Cardinals

2) Ravens.  Like the current set but they need to make the CR Purple their new home set, and make something similar for their road set.  Emphasize more purple and less black.

3) Giants.  Time to go back to the 80s-90s set.  CR white needs to be the permanent road uni and make a similar blue uniform for home games.  
4) Panthers.  They should either get rid of either silver or black (make light blue their primary color).  I rather prefer ditching the black the silver is okay.

5) Texans.  They may no longer be the Oilers, but they can bring back Oiler colors.  Bring back light blue as the primary, red as a secondary and change the helmet to white with the logo staying.  Not hard.

On 1/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, BBTV said:

Here's more for you.  Enjoy your stay!

I dislike almost everything about the Saints from the neck down, but one thing that's particularly maddening is their NOB font and how mismatched it is.  It doesn't go with anything else in their set, and looks like they sent their jerseys to the local sporting goods store and they lettered them with whatever they had laying around.

397.jpg   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxLFckTmLeVxTI6Cj4geI   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIod1DIS828VvZ4tbjBy0

I like it, probably because it reminds me of these. Maybe I'm biased but I don't see anything wrong with rounded NOB font and block numbers. I could do without the outline on the Saints jerseys I guess, but I don't mind it either

spacer.png

1 hour ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Here’s mine:

1) Cardinals

2) Ravens.  Like the current set but they need to make the CR Purple their new home set, and make something similar for their road set.  Emphasize more purple and less black.

3) Giants.  Time to go back to the 80s-90s set.  CR white needs to be the permanent road uni and make a similar blue uniform for home games.  
4) Panthers.  They should either get rid of either silver or black (make light blue their primary color).  I rather prefer ditching the black the silver is okay.

5) Texans.  They may no longer be the Oilers, but they can bring back Oiler colors.  Bring back light blue as the primary, red as a secondary and change the helmet to white with the logo staying.  Not hard.

Not bad, just these changes would result in conflict around the NFL, brand wise.

1) Pretty sure everyone on the boards agree with you

2) I like that idea, but people would complain that it’s too close to the Vikings, and black-n-purple has become the Ravens’ signature

3) Yep, but the Bills might have something to say about that. 
4) If they get rid of black, they become the Lions(light blue-silver-white). I think the way to go is the opposite, go Carolina blue-black-white

5) The Titans(more specifically, Amy Adams Strunk) won’t allow that. Just look at how they reacted to the XFL’s Roughriders.

To each their own.  I prefer it the other way, where the numbers are non-standard and the NOB is plain block, which just highlights any other flair.  My loose guideline is that you go either full block, fancy number and block NOB, or fancy number and NOB, but not block number and fancy NOB.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/22/2021 at 10:44 PM, colortv said:

Also, what are the top 5 NFL teams in need of a rebrand/new uniforms in everyone's opinion?

1. Cardinals - It is time to go retro back to the uniform before the latest set. Maybe add an alternate and for the love of all things, add a red facemask 
  2. Rams - One of the worst redesigns in history. 1) Lack of uniformity in both the home and away jersey (the bone jersey has TV numbers and no gradient numbers, while the home jersey has no TV numbers and gradient on the numbers) 2) Lack of uniformity in all the pants (the bone pants have 1 yellow stripe, the yellow pants have a white and blue stripe, and the blue pants have a white to yellow gradient stripe) 3) The Los Angeles Rams nameplate on the bone jersey (which is white and stood out like a sore thumb), and finally the whole uniform looked like a patch job of multiple uniforms thrown together. 
  3. Titans - This was another horrific redesign when they went to the current set in 2018. Why add a navy helmet that matches the team of the former city the Titans came from? Why the gray facemask? Why the awful stripes on the pants? Why the awful numbers? 
  4. Jaguars - Oh boy, their last set was not bad from the neck down and all they really needed to go was make the helmet black. But instead, they changed the whole uniform to look like a junior high football team. 
  5. Broncos - I do not hate their current look, I just like the Color Rush template more and wish they would use that template throughout the whole uniform. 

spacer.png

Teams with recent redesigns aren't going to happen, so it's futile to include them in such a list.

My list:

1. Cardinals -- Super dated and super ugly.

2. Washington -- But only because they don't have an identity right now

3. Texans -- Fine but also boring. I admire their nearly 20-year (!!) restraint

That's it. Everything else is fine.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

43 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Teams with recent redesigns aren't going to happen, so it's futile to include them in such a list.

My list:

1. Cardinals -- Super dated and super ugly.

2. Washington -- But only because they don't have an identity right now

3. Texans -- Fine but also boring. I admire their nearly 20-year (!!) restraint

That's it. Everything else is fine.

Why not include them. The fact they can’t change this year doesn’t mean they shouldn’t change at the first opportunity possible. 

53 minutes ago, nuordr said:
  1. Cardinals - It is time to go retro back to the uniform before the latest set. Maybe add an alternate and for the love of all things, add a red facemask 
  2. Rams - One of the worst redesigns in history. 1) Lack of uniformity in both the home and away jersey (the bone jersey has TV numbers and no gradient numbers, while the home jersey has no TV numbers and no gradient on the number) 2) Lack of uniformity in all the pants (the bone pants have 1 yellow stripe, the yellow pants have a white and blue stripe, and the blue pants have a white to yellow gradient stripe) 3) The Los Angeles Rams nameplate on the bone jersey (which was white and stood out like a sore thumb), and finally the whole uniform looked like a patch job of multiple uniforms thrown together. 
  3. Titans - This was another horrific redesign when they went to the current set in 2018. Why add a navy helmet that matches the team of the former city the Titans came from? Why the gray facemask? Why the awful stripes on the pants? Why the awful numbers? 
  4. Jaguars - Oh boy, their last set was not bad from the neck down and all they really needed to go was make the helmet black. But instead, they changed the whole uniform to look like a junior high football team. 
  5. Broncos - I do not hate their current look, I just like the Color Rush template more and wish they would use that template throughout the whole uniform. 

1. Cardinals - like the Falcons previous set and the Broncos set (more on that in a minute) these are mess, and just need to be cleaned up. Get rid of all the extra lines and piping and that skinny tornado that runs from the armpits to knees... Pick a red, and stick with it. The font and Wordmark are fine, no need to change those, and the logo is strong, but lets get back to a proper jersey sans side panels and a traditional leg stripe, I don't even care how many strokes. 

2. Rams - Honestly, I want to hate it, but I don't. The helmet logo I wish had 2 tones on it that would make it a little better with the break. But even that Im ok with. The number set is fine, and the only real thing Im not a fan of is the bone rather than white look. If a proper white is introduced with the yellow sleeve caps and blue horn (or whatever that actually is) the Blue white blue Uniform would be top 5 in the league as it was for 2 decades before GF screwed the entire look with that asinine gold monstrosity. 

3. Titans - either embrace the Oilers past, or let it go and Houston can go back to being the Oilers. 

4. Jags - They went too far in fixing the mess before this set, but Im ok with it. It is simple like the Navy base in town, its ok.

5. Broncos - Can we please get rid of the Reebok Uni. I don't even know where to start. Ive hated it since it came out, and its aged like a Yugo. Go back to Royal and Orange, and even if there are no stripes, its 100% better. 

3 hours ago, FFWally said:

5. Broncos - Can we please get rid of the Reebok Uni. I don't even know where to start. Ive hated it since it came out, and its aged like a Yugo. Go back to Royal and Orange, and even if there are no stripes, its 100% better. 

Ironically, it is a Nike design. 

Of eligible teams:

1. Washington - Pick a name, and be sure to keep (er, return to) the classic helmet stripes

2. Cardinals - Incorporate a subtle nod to the state flag and perhaps introduce a color like sand into the mix (in place of white)

3. Seahawks - Clean it up, end the sleeve stripes where they should, get a sleeker number font and introduce striping/outline consistency

4. Saints - Make color rush primary away look, with a black version of it as primary. Make gold pants standard, with matching helmet.

5. Panthers - Scrap silver, move to a primarily black and carolina blue identity. Get rid of the atrocious helmet stripes and make it a cleaner, more consistent but tough look overall.

fiowXOD.png

Happy to see that we're getting new jerseys for Cincy. Excited to see what they come up with, hoping they don't mess this up. 

As for my Top 5 changes: 

1. Arizona: It's time. Please. 
2. Dallas: Ready for people to be mad at me, but enough is enough with the mismatched colours throughout the set. Choose a shade of blue & grey and use them for all your jerseys, please and thank you. Oh, and drop the black outlines. Seriously. 
3. NY Giants: Use the Colour Rush set as a base and make a matching blue. Basically, take the '99 set, use the "NY" on your helmet if you want (Either logo is fine in my books), but include grey pants in the set too, preferrably the ones with the thick RBR stripes instead of the thin spaced out ones, and you'll have a great look distinct enough from the Bills so nobody can get mad. 
4. Denver: I don't hate this look, but it is dated and the CR is superior. 
5. Take your pick between Baltimore, Philly & New Orleans. None of these are pressing for me, but at the same time I'd be happy to see it. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived