Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I wonder if he means 80/90's classic or 70's classic. 

I would be shocked if they went back to the "BENGALS" helmet or the simple design of those early unis.  I expect a Super Bowl era look retaining the striped helmet. 

1 minute ago, WideRight said:

I would be shocked if they went back to the "BENGALS" helmet

I would be too, considering there's been numerous sources that say they aren't changing the helmet, like 3 posts above yours. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, sudden said:

Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com wrote yesterday in his Q&A that, with regard to the redesign, “From what I hear, classic is good.”

Here's the URL link to that article. Scroll down to the bottom for the content & quotes relevant to this discussion:
Hobson's Choice: Bengals.com Senior Writer Geoff Hobson answers questions from fans

Honestly, I'm not a Cincinnati Bengals fan. However, I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Bengals uniform designs look like. Does anyone know when the Bengals will publicly reveal their new uniform designs to the general public?

On 2/4/2021 at 6:54 AM, jws008 said:

I could not agree more on #2. The other night I had NFL Network on as "background noise" and the highlight film for Super Bowl VI was on. I couldn't believe how much better those Cowboy uniforms looked (even with a slight mismatch of the grey pants with the helmets, though that could have been the film's color levels) than the mismatched mess Dallas has worn for the past 20 years now. 

I also agree with number 2. However, this thread is about the Bengals' uniform design. A discussion on whether the Dallas Cowboys should change and/or unify their uniform design should be had in another topic.

As discussed in some thread (maybe this one?) a while back, I am not going to give a second thought to "classic is good." That means almost nothing coming from someone who isn't obsessed like we are. All it really means is that they'll be using black and orange. I am sure most non-obsessed observers would have said that upon seeing the current Vikings uniforms, which would get us thinking about Fran Tarkenton or perhaps Cris Carter.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

As discussed in some thread (maybe this one?) a while back, I am not going to give a second thought to "classic is good." That means almost nothing coming from someone who isn't obsessed like we are. All it really means is that they'll be using black and orange. I am sure most non-obsessed observers would have said that upon seeing the current Vikings uniforms, which would get us thinking about Fran Tarkenton or perhaps Cris Carter.

If the Bengals uniforms turn out anything like the Vikings uniforms did, I’d be more than happy, personally. 

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

If the Bengals uniforms turn out anything like the Vikings uniforms did, I’d be more than happy, personally. 

Maybe I'm biased, but the Vikings uniforms are a perfect example of what great things Nike can do to make a modern uniform without making them look like trash

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

Confirmed? That's a shame.

Couldn't they at least do that stripey-letter in a "C" instead?

Bengals designs, themes, templates and downloadable graphic elements on  Dribbble

I usually prefer city initials over nickname initials when it comes to logos, but C is the most overused letter when it comes to big 4 pro teams. The state of Ohio alone already has 4 pro teams who use a C as their primary logo. B is a little more of a unique letter, and the stripes look better on it than the concept you posted.

I look at the striped B the same way I look at the Rams L@ logo. It's not terrible, but it's much weaker than the animal head logo that should be the primary. Both teams have unique helmet designs though, so having a weak primary logo isn't as big of an issue compared to other teams.

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

Maybe I'm biased, but the Vikings uniforms are a perfect example of what great things Nike can do to make a modern uniform without making them look like trash

I couldn’t agree more. Here’s to hoping the Bengals end up being an analogous case to that of the Vikings: a formerly over-busy Reebok design that gets simplified and modernized down to the essence of what’s important in their brand. 

Archived