Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

I can buy the B as better than yet another cat head. But the leaping tiger was tremendous and should come back.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

So? It represents the team. Maybe I'm biased cause my favorite team's logo is a C that stands for the team's name, but I don't see anything wrong with that

And boring is subjective. Do you find the Cubs logo in your avatar boring? Cause it's not objectively much different from the Bengals' B logo

Ummm, so the Cubs call the city of Chicago home?

Also, clean/traditional logos are usually undefeated when up against anything created in the mid-2000s.

6uXNWAo.png

4 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

So? It represents the team. Maybe I'm biased cause my favorite team's logo is a C that stands for the team's name, but I don't see anything wrong with that

And boring is subjective. Do you find the Cubs logo in your avatar boring? Cause it's not objectively much different from the Bengals' B logo

I certainly think a C would be better because it is redundant to use a letter representing the name and then other imagery the name the same time.  For the same reason I don’t like the Falcons and Eagle logos that respectively highlight an F and an E.

That said, I don’t think the stripes would work very well in a C. Therefore, the B is probably better by default. But then again, they don’t need to use either.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

38 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

You're just focusing on the small differences. The colors stayed the same. The helmet is the same. The tiger stripes are still featured on the pants and arm stripes. The number are still black or white and outlined in orange.

"small differences". Are you sure you're on the correct message board? I'll cry if they go back to the old uniforms and fix those "small" differences. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Ummm, so the Cubs call the city of Chicago home?

Also, clean/traditional logos are usually undefeated when up against anything created in the mid-2000s.

Alright, so it's bad cause it's not old. Got it

4 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I certainly think a C would be better because it is redundant to use a letter representing the name and then other imagery the name the same time.  For the same reason I don’t like the Falcons and Eagle logos that respectively highlight an F and an E.

That said, I don’t think the stripes would work very well in a C. Therefore, the B is probably better by default. But then again, they don’t need to use either.

Oh fair enough. When you put it that way it makes sense. Not something I would care about but I get why some people would feel that way. The redundancy, I mean

14 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Well the “C” stands for Chicago so...

2 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

What I meant is that it wasn't a complete makeover like when the Patriots switched to Flying Elvis for example

That was a rebrand. All rebrands are major overhauls, not all major overhauls are rebrands. It's a square/rectangle situation. 

What the Bengals did to their uniforms in 2004 was absolutely a major overhaul. Same goes for the 2005 Cardinals and 2006 Vikings.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just now, Sport said:

That was a rebrand. All rebrands are major overhauls, not all major overhauls are rebrands. It's a square/rectangle situation. 

What the Bengals did to their uniforms in 2004 was absolutely a major overhaul. 

Yeah you know what, I'm not even sure what the original point I was trying to make is anymore lmao

Either way, I'm sure we can both agree that they were due for another rebrand/overhaul and that hopefully it should be better and a bit more timeless/less trendy this time around

42 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

What I like about the tiger head logo is that it faces left unlike every animal head in the NFL except Philly

I'm the opposite. It always drove me crazy that the tiger was looking backwards, and the full tiger was leaping backwards. Same goes for helmet avatars -- they just don't look right facing left. 

Image 1 - NFL-National-Conference-1976-Metal-Lunchbox-With-Thermos-Collector-piece

58 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

You're just focusing on the small differences. The colors stayed the same. The helmet is the same. The tiger stripes are still featured on the pants and arm stripes. The number are still black or white and outlined in orange. On the black jerseys at least. I do agree that the white jerseys were hit the hardest. When I play Madden, I never dress the Bengals in their away jerseys 😂 The major design elements are the same, I wouldn't say it was such a radical departure. If you described the uniform to a blind person without going too much into the details like font and paneling, they would think nothing has changed lol

With all due respect, what message board do you think you’re on? 🤣

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

With all due respect, what message board do you think you’re on? 🤣

The thing is, I"m way more passionate and knowledgeable about hockey than football lol

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Yea. This isn't Paul Lukas' OnlyFans

Not sure what you're trying to say here, not sure I want you to explain either

44 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The thing is, I"m way more passionate and knowledgeable about hockey than football lol

Not sure what you're trying to say here, not sure I want you to explain either

You should probably stick to hockey because football clearly isn’t your element

43 minutes ago, Justpassingby said:

I just want to call it now: they’ll introduce “white Tiger gold” as an accent color.

Meaning silver.

Gonna look sicccc alongside their *new* Tiger's blood tangerine and Jumanji jungle black!

6uXNWAo.png

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

You can call anything you want. It’s going to be wrong like the rest of your predictions.

Pardon? I literally only have one other “prediction” and it was half in jest. FauxbackFootball.

your hostility is... weird to say the least.

Archived