Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

You mean like this?

0a4de1107048107.5f9df9cb8d8fb.png

How does that gold stripe end? Tapered? Cut straight at the end of the purple taper? not a fan

The reason those stripes are the way they are is to mimic Ravens' feathers, which are a dark purple to black. This is one case where the color DOES matter, unlike there being no navy bears or blue lions.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Blue Jackets' press release when the logo was introduced as part of an alternate in 2003:

"The alternate is inspired by the state flag of Ohio and is displayed in the shape of the letter 'C.' That image overlays the familiar Blue Jackets’ star, which signifies Columbus as the state’s capital."

And again from the press release of the 20th season logo:

"The logo features a large number 20 that is white with red trim, outlined in blue and silver. Overlaying the bottom of the 20 is the club's primary logo, which is inspired by the state flag of Ohio with its pennant shape, red, white & blue colors and white stars in the shape of the letter C wrapped around the Blue Jackets star."

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That logo was specifically for the Dawg Pound, not the team. The brownie makes more sense, but they still go with the helmet.

Opinion: Incessant losing destroying Cleveland Browns legacy

200.gif

Please don't make us talk about the Browns anymore. Please

spacer.png

If the Bengals HAVE to keep the B logo, I would prefer if the B and the Bengal head switch places, with the B being an alternate and the Bengal head returns to being the primary. From what I've seen, the Bengals never said it would be the Primary logo, did they?

da0Lbhs.png

12 hours ago, simtek34 said:

If the Bengals HAVE to keep the B logo, I would prefer if the B and the Bengal head switch places, with the B being an alternate and the Bengal head returns to being the primary. From what I've seen, the Bengals never said it would be the Primary logo, did they?

No they just said it would be staying. But knowing the team they'll probably keep the B the primary because ???

Kinda-sorta-really-unrelated...

Watching SB23 highlights and Cincy players are wearing a mix Champion and standard block numbers.

Would love to see a team bring those digits back. (🗣 Buffalo!)

20120410_kdl_am8_113.0.jpg

tom-rathman-of-the-san-francisco-49ers-carries-the-ball-against-the-picture-id883376838

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Watching SB23 highlights and Cincy players are wearing a mix Champion and standard block numbers.

tom-rathman-of-the-san-francisco-49ers-carries-the-ball-against-the-picture-id883376838

I think they had a mix of Wilson jerseys and Champion jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

This is one of those classic things you point out to your friends and everyone turns to look at you like you're crazy.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:02 PM, ManillaToad said:

This would be a great logo

I agree that the Bengals’ helmet would be a fairly strong logo. In terms of iconic helmet designs, it’s right up at the top with the Rams’ horns, the Vikings’ completely different horns, and the Eagles’ wings. The other three teams all have “normal” logos but they aren’t strictly necessary except maybe Minnesota’s. 

On 2/24/2021 at 1:44 PM, leopard88 said:

All in all, I tend to think of the Ravens uniforms as something of a modern classic (though I'm probably just a bit biased).  They generally stick to traditional football aesthetics (no piping, traditional pants striping (black pants excluded)), with some modern elements (custom number font, sleeve logo with just a stripe on the cuff).

The Ravens have an achingly close to good uniform. I take two issues with it though. The black pants are awful. I feel like, at the very least, they need a purple/white/purple stripe. 

My second issue is the logo. The Ravens have had some pretty nice logos. Their Maryland shield is pretty cool. The full bodied raven was nice. The full bodied Raven's head is perfect for a helmet logo. Even the prototype of the current raven head in profile was better than what's being used now. 

I generally dislike the "they only need a few tweaks" argument because it's usually followed by a complete redesign, but this is one case where those two changes would make me love the Ravens' uniforms. 

On 2/24/2021 at 2:25 PM, OnWis97 said:

I have a personal bias towards full-body logos (Lions, the short-lived Coyotes alt, the original Jags sleeve logo, the crawling Cub sleeve patch)

Small nitpick, the cub is walking, not crawling.  The crawling description kinda annoys me, just had to get that out there.  Given bears are quadrupedal, walking on all fours is just walking for them.  You wouldn't say some random dog you see outside is crawling, would you?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

8 hours ago, IceCap said:

The Ravens have an achingly close to good uniform. I take two issues with it though. The black pants are awful. I feel like, at the very least, they need a purple/white/purple stripe.

They had stripes in 1997 but got rid of it after for some reason.

nov-1997-quarterback-vinny-testaverde-ha

bSLCtu2.png

18 hours ago, IceCap said:

My second issue is the logo. The Ravens have had some pretty nice logos. Their Maryland shield is pretty cool. The full bodied raven was nice. The full bodied Raven's head is perfect for a helmet logo. Even the prototype of the current raven head in profile was better than what's being used now. 

I generally dislike the "they only need a few tweaks" argument because it's usually followed by a complete redesign, but this is one case where those two changes would make me love the Ravens' uniforms. 

It’s a shame that the Ravens’ original Winged B-Shield logo (and likely the full-bodied Raven and prototype head) are effectively locked away due to the lawsuit that they had with the fan who designed the Winged B-Shield. (Then again, that was under Art Modell’s ownership, so maybe the sentiment has changed.)

I even think that their current Maryland shield or full-bodied Raven would look good on the helmet. And finally, I totally agree on the black pants—they badly need stripes.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Saw this Bengals concept on Instagram

spacer.png

That seems like the kind of concept UniSwag would drool over with a billion 🔥🔥🔥 emojis. 

I like the number font, leaping tiger and the pants stripe. I don’t like monochrome and the full shoulderpad stripes (just keep them in the UCLA-stripe zone). But overall good effort by the artist.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived