Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

Just now, AgentColon2 said:

Nike had been pushing lots of design elements in the numbers earlier on. The latest have been fairly safe. Why do I sense we will see stripes in the numbers?

A slight sublimation would work. And I think Memphis has had that in the past as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Bengal head is featured prominently, which seems like a good sign. 

Did I miss this? Where did you see it featured prominently in the video announcement? edit: nm saw the eyes at the end. Got it. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Found these in a quick google search. I dont *love* everything about it, but it shows how the stripes can be done in a prominent way that's not ridiculous and overbearing.

Hoping they revert to a bengal head for a logo, the monogram B is just significantly inferior

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Cincinnati Bengals To Unveil New Uniforms This Spring

January 21, 2021 - 16:26 PM

The Cincinnati Bengals announced on Thursday morning they’ll unveil new uniforms this spring. This will mark the fourth major uniform change for the Bengals since their inception in 1968 and first since since the current set was introduced ahead of the 2004 season, though the franchise did introduce a Color

Read More...

21 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

The peasants of the general public never cease to amaze me.

spacer.png

I feel like a lot of the general public automatically equates “new uniforms” with a total change. The bengals will still have tiger stripes, and use orange and black, they’ll just stop looking like they’re stuck in a 2005 Reebok look.

Excellent!

1 minute ago, kutztown said:

This is awesome news!  My guess is it will be similar to the Browns change.  A modern take on a traditional look with a custom number font.  Fingers crossed that the Cardinals and Eagles aren't far behind. 

I don't think Phila changes unless they allow more than one helmet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

My Nike prediction: Gradient helmet, top to bottom, orange to white. 

I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised. 

I would say you were out of your mind and that there is no way they would touch that design. But then I remembered how they fluffed up the Rams.

28 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I hope the helmet stays the same

17 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I expect something stupid like an orange facemask.

5 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

My Nike prediction: Gradient helmet, top to bottom, orange to white.

Cincinnati Bengals To Unveil New Uniforms This Spring

"That said, sources have told SportsLogos.net that the Bengals iconic orange helmet, which features six black tiger stripes, will not change with the rebrand. It has been a major part of the franchise’s look since it was introduced by then-owner Paul Brown in 1981."

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

22 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I could see them implementing a subliminal pattern in a way of how the Rams numbers look. I'm most afraid of gradients...

If they used the gloss from the rams numbers into tiger stripes I think that would be perfect. I have always been fond of these Missouri jersey's, they use a tiger stripe but it doesn't feel as costumey (keep the current helmet except clean up the stripes a little bit to match more with the uniform)

GettyImages-1040019888-1024x683.jpg

11 minutes ago, kutztown said:

This is awesome news!  My guess is it will be similar to the Browns change.  A modern take on a traditional look with a custom number font.  Fingers crossed that the Cardinals and Eagles aren't far behind. 

I don't want to Eagle jack this conversation but honestly would be a perfect time to change it up if they did, it's clear the super bowl era is officially dead. 

1 hour ago, floydnimrod said:

I guess it's about time. But as someone who lives in the market, I can't think of how the new ones won't look bad, given some of the stuff we've seen recently. Cleveland/Tampa Bay's recent look gives me hope, but The Falcons/Rams do not.

That's because Cleveland and Tampa Bay brought back (with very minor changes) old uniforms that never should have been abandoned.

Seems like the Bengals' path is pretty clear.  Hope they don't bungle it.

GettyImages-244633.0.jpg

zpnosnqu90dljobdae6f.jpg

Archived