Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

The leaked jersey is one of those longer sleeve versions that really don't come close to what the players will be wearing. If you try to picture those stripes on the tiny sleeved player version, I don't think there would be any room for TV numbers, at least not without it looking too cluttered, which I'm guessing was the team's number one request.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a huge fan of these, if I'm being honest. It's just too plain. I suppose it would look better with TV numbers, but there's just not much happening, which has its pros and cons. They also look too much like the bears now

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Why do people keep saying it looks like the Bears? The number font is similar. End of conversation. The Bengals will wear these with tiger stripes on the jerseys, pants, and an orange helmet. There will be no confusion. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 minutes ago, Sport said:

Why do people keep saying it looks like the Bears? The number font is similar. End of conversation. The Bengals will wear these with tiger stripes on the jerseys, pants, and an orange helmet. There will be no confusion. 

The initial eBay photo had a blue tint, at least on my phone. Assuming the Bengals are staying black and orange and not switching to blue and orange, there shouldn't be any confusion.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The initial eBay photo had a blue tint, at least on my phone. Assuming the Bengals are staying black and orange and not switching to blue and orange, there shouldn't be any confusion.

They have already said they aren't changing the helmet, so they aren't going to change from black.

Bears comparison is pretty short-sighted.

It's where I sit.

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The leaked jersey is one of those longer sleeve versions that really don't come close to what the players will be wearing. If you try to picture those stripes on the tiny sleeved player version, I don't think there would be any room for TV numbers, at least not without it looking too cluttered, which I'm guessing was the team's number one request.

spacer.png

That looks...  a lot better than I thought the new design would.

Assuming this is correct, and they don't :censored: up the pants, the Bengals will finally look good again.  This could even be a new template for other teams like the Cardinals to follow - simple jerseys with one unique element.

I'm also very happy to see the end of television numbers.  Getting rid of clutter is always an improvement.

16 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That looks...  a lot better than I thought the new design would.

Assuming this is correct, and they don't :censored: up the pants, the Bengals will finally look good again.  This could even be a new template for other teams like the Cardinals to follow - simple jerseys with one unique element.

I'm also very happy to see the end of television numbers.  Getting rid of clutter is always an improvement.

I can go either way, but I've always thought them pretty unnecessary. Alabama and a few other notable college programs seem to get by just fine with clean shoulders and sleeves. Wouldn't a team like the Panthers look better without them? 

Plus the Bengals have a history of playing without TV numbers. 

9e1fb7_5142b3c71c0b4885b8c9e72bcb38cd2f.

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm happy NFL teams now have the option of not having TV numbers.

Yes, I should have specified.  I'm also very happy to see the end of television number requirement.  I don't know if I'd want to see the Giants forced to ditch them, but I think in most cases they are pointless clutter on jerseys that can ill afford any extraneous design elements.

11 minutes ago, Sport said:

I can go either way, but I've always thought them pretty unnecessary. Alabama and a few other notable college programs seem to get by just fine with clean shoulders and sleeves. Wouldn't a team like the Panthers look better without them? 

Immeasurably.

hi-res-9cd42643e22f7885b29f1ba484930a95_

And holy :censored: I just realized that the TV numbers are the same size as the numbers on their 25th season patch.  :lol:

https%3A%2F%2Fcatcrave.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2020%2F04%2F1196638044.jpeg

Archived