Jump to content

Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms


Jezus_Ghoti
 Share

Recommended Posts

The leaked jersey is one of those longer sleeve versions that really don't come close to what the players will be wearing. If you try to picture those stripes on the tiny sleeved player version, I don't think there would be any room for TV numbers, at least not without it looking too cluttered, which I'm guessing was the team's number one request.

 

spacer.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a huge fan of these, if I'm being honest. It's just too plain. I suppose it would look better with TV numbers, but there's just not much happening, which has its pros and cons. They also look too much like the bears now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do people keep saying it looks like the Bears? The number font is similar. End of conversation. The Bengals will wear these with tiger stripes on the jerseys, pants, and an orange helmet. There will be no confusion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sport said:

Why do people keep saying it looks like the Bears? The number font is similar. End of conversation. The Bengals will wear these with tiger stripes on the jerseys, pants, and an orange helmet. There will be no confusion. 

 

The initial eBay photo had a blue tint, at least on my phone. Assuming the Bengals are staying black and orange and not switching to blue and orange, there shouldn't be any confusion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

The initial eBay photo had a blue tint, at least on my phone. Assuming the Bengals are staying black and orange and not switching to blue and orange, there shouldn't be any confusion.

They have already said they aren't changing the helmet, so they aren't going to change from black.

 

Bears comparison is pretty short-sighted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The leaked jersey is one of those longer sleeve versions that really don't come close to what the players will be wearing. If you try to picture those stripes on the tiny sleeved player version, I don't think there would be any room for TV numbers, at least not without it looking too cluttered, which I'm guessing was the team's number one request.

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

That looks...  a lot better than I thought the new design would.

 

Assuming this is correct, and they don't :censored: up the pants, the Bengals will finally look good again.  This could even be a new template for other teams like the Cardinals to follow - simple jerseys with one unique element.

 

I'm also very happy to see the end of television numbers.  Getting rid of clutter is always an improvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

That looks...  a lot better than I thought the new design would.

 

Assuming this is correct, and they don't :censored: up the pants, the Bengals will finally look good again.  This could even be a new template for other teams like the Cardinals to follow - simple jerseys with one unique element.

 

I'm also very happy to see the end of television numbers.  Getting rid of clutter is always an improvement.

 

I can go either way, but I've always thought them pretty unnecessary. Alabama and a few other notable college programs seem to get by just fine with clean shoulders and sleeves. Wouldn't a team like the Panthers look better without them? 

 

Plus the Bengals have a history of playing without TV numbers. 

 

9e1fb7_5142b3c71c0b4885b8c9e72bcb38cd2f.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm happy NFL teams now have the option of not having TV numbers.

 

Yes, I should have specified.  I'm also very happy to see the end of television number requirement.  I don't know if I'd want to see the Giants forced to ditch them, but I think in most cases they are pointless clutter on jerseys that can ill afford any extraneous design elements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sport said:

I can go either way, but I've always thought them pretty unnecessary. Alabama and a few other notable college programs seem to get by just fine with clean shoulders and sleeves. Wouldn't a team like the Panthers look better without them? 

 

Immeasurably.

 

hi-res-9cd42643e22f7885b29f1ba484930a95_

 

And holy :censored: I just realized that the TV numbers are the same size as the numbers on their 25th season patch.  :lol:

 

https%3A%2F%2Fcatcrave.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2020%2F04%2F1196638044.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CS85 locked and unlocked this topic
  • CS85 locked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.