The leaked jersey is one of those longer sleeve versions that really don't come close to what the players will be wearing. If you try to picture those stripes on the tiny sleeved player version, I don't think there would be any room for TV numbers, at least not without it looking too cluttered, which I'm guessing was the team's number one request.

spacer.png

I like these. This is how you do simplistic jersey design. I want to see the oants and sock options, as well as the whites, but everything looks nice. 

I'm thinking the away will be black stripes with orange number with black stroke. Pretty much flip orange and white of the orange jersey. 

That actually... looks good.

Hopefully they get the pants right.

These sort of remind me of the Chargers last year in that they took the design and streamlined it as an improvement. These will look really clean on the players. 

If these are legit it's an improvement. Less clutter. Not perfect but not a dumpster fire

I'm not a huge fan of these, if I'm being honest. It's just too plain. I suppose it would look better with TV numbers, but there's just not much happening, which has its pros and cons. They also look too much like the bears now

I can kinda see the Bears comparisons with the jersey, but when they're on the field with the normal tiger striped helmet no one will ever confuse them for the Bears or any other team.

Why do people keep saying it looks like the Bears? The number font is similar. End of conversation. The Bengals will wear these with tiger stripes on the jerseys, pants, and an orange helmet. There will be no confusion. 

7 minutes ago, Sport said:

Why do people keep saying it looks like the Bears? The number font is similar. End of conversation. The Bengals will wear these with tiger stripes on the jerseys, pants, and an orange helmet. There will be no confusion. 

The initial eBay photo had a blue tint, at least on my phone. Assuming the Bengals are staying black and orange and not switching to blue and orange, there shouldn't be any confusion.

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The initial eBay photo had a blue tint, at least on my phone. Assuming the Bengals are staying black and orange and not switching to blue and orange, there shouldn't be any confusion.

They have already said they aren't changing the helmet, so they aren't going to change from black.

Bears comparison is pretty short-sighted.

I’m not overwhelmed, I’m not underwhelmed. I’m just whelmed. 

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The leaked jersey is one of those longer sleeve versions that really don't come close to what the players will be wearing. If you try to picture those stripes on the tiny sleeved player version, I don't think there would be any room for TV numbers, at least not without it looking too cluttered, which I'm guessing was the team's number one request.

spacer.png

That looks...  a lot better than I thought the new design would.

Assuming this is correct, and they don't :censored: up the pants, the Bengals will finally look good again.  This could even be a new template for other teams like the Cardinals to follow - simple jerseys with one unique element.

I'm also very happy to see the end of television numbers.  Getting rid of clutter is always an improvement.

16 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That looks...  a lot better than I thought the new design would.

Assuming this is correct, and they don't :censored: up the pants, the Bengals will finally look good again.  This could even be a new template for other teams like the Cardinals to follow - simple jerseys with one unique element.

I'm also very happy to see the end of television numbers.  Getting rid of clutter is always an improvement.

I can go either way, but I've always thought them pretty unnecessary. Alabama and a few other notable college programs seem to get by just fine with clean shoulders and sleeves. Wouldn't a team like the Panthers look better without them? 

Plus the Bengals have a history of playing without TV numbers. 

9e1fb7_5142b3c71c0b4885b8c9e72bcb38cd2f.

26 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I'm happy NFL teams now have the option of not having TV numbers.

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm happy NFL teams now have the option of not having TV numbers.

Yes, I should have specified.  I'm also very happy to see the end of television number requirement.  I don't know if I'd want to see the Giants forced to ditch them, but I think in most cases they are pointless clutter on jerseys that can ill afford any extraneous design elements.

11 minutes ago, Sport said:

I can go either way, but I've always thought them pretty unnecessary. Alabama and a few other notable college programs seem to get by just fine with clean shoulders and sleeves. Wouldn't a team like the Panthers look better without them? 

Immeasurably.

hi-res-9cd42643e22f7885b29f1ba484930a95_

And holy :censored: I just realized that the TV numbers are the same size as the numbers on their 25th season patch.  :lol:

https%3A%2F%2Fcatcrave.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2020%2F04%2F1196638044.jpeg

I think they're great. Obviously we still need to see the pants and the whole uniform together, but it's exactly what they should be wearing.