Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

zpnosnqu90dljobdae6f.jpg

I think Carolina should look at how Cincinnati's shoulder stripes go and see if they can do the same. I think they should either toss the numbers or move them to the sleeves like they are here. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Some info from The Athletic's former Bengals guy:

That black jersey is both realistic and perfect for Cincy. The orange one...not so much...

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think Carolina should look at how Cincinnati's shoulder stripes go and see if they can do the same. I think they should either toss the numbers or move them to the sleeves like they are here. 

Carolina has the logo on the sleeves, so they’d have to move that to place the numbers there.

1 hour ago, Krz said:

I feel like a lot of the general public automatically equates “new uniforms” with a total change. The bengals will still have tiger stripes, and use orange and black, they’ll just stop looking like they’re stuck in a 2005 Reebok look.

Exactly. It's also why that many of these same people will likely see the new set and say something like "what changed? they look the same as they always have"

spacer.png

Just now, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

That black jersey is both realistic and perfect for Cincy. The orange one...not so much...

Carolina has the logo on the sleeves, so they’d have to move that to place the numbers there.

Yup! Either move the numbers and get rid of the logo, or just take the numbers off instead of shrinking them like they've done the last two years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Ditch the redundant logo.

Ban the B.  There's no other Tiger logo in the NFL and tigers are kick ass, so embrace it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Luckily for the Bengals, the bar has been set so low that it's going to be extremely difficult for them to screw this up.

You've never met Mike Brown have you?

As a local I never thought much of the uniforms. Its that stupid B. Just looks plain as day. Other than leaving the helmet untouched, i welcome the change.

Also everyone saying the Bengals are the worst in the league and the Cards need to be next. Meanwhile, Ive been patiently waiting for years for the Eagles to return to kelly green

Signature intentionally left blank

I'm gonna say it, I don't like the old uniforms. Especially the tiger pattern, the stripes today are MUCH cleaner.

Now, that base design with the modern type stripes on them? I dont think that would be bad. I just think the old ones are a bit overhyped

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That's because Cleveland and Tampa Bay brought back (with very minor changes) old uniforms that never should have been abandoned.

Seems like the Bengals' path is pretty clear.  Hope they don't bungle it.

It's because of this why I refuse to be optimistic about this redesign. We have yet to see a solid design come out of this league in recent years that wasn't a correction of a previously bungled redesign.  If the pattern holds, we'll see some gimmicky monstrosity out of Cincinnati this spring, and then two years later they'll return to the '80s tiger stripes.

Hopefully I'm wrong. I think the former beat reporter's theory wouldn't be a bad one. I don't mind the simplicity of the color rush; i just hate that it was a color rush. Apply some of that simplicity with a full-color set then they may be onto something. 

6 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't mind the simplicity of the color rush; i just hate that it was a color rush. Apply some of that simplicity with a full-color set then they may be onto something. 

Basically do like the Chargers, just with tiger stripes on the shoulders.  No need for TV numbers.  Go with single-color numbers (to make them 'simple' like the color rush) or even some kind of custom, but something more like the Texans rather than something dumb like the Browns.  I think single-color varsity block would more than suffice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've seen enough bad uniforms get turned into different bad uniforms to avoid being too hopeful. I'm always excited to see an NFL team change though.

This is also the perfect place for me to promote my idea that the Bengals should make orange jerseys their primaries. Is that controversial? Maybe. It's definitely correct and courageous.

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Cincinnati Bengals To Unveil New Uniforms This Spring

"That said, sources have told SportsLogos.net that the Bengals iconic orange helmet, which features six black tiger stripes, will not change with the rebrand. It has been a major part of the franchise’s look since it was introduced by then-owner Paul Brown in 1981."

Thanks for reading the story.

3 hours ago, heavybass said:

If the Bengals are getting new uniforms... does that mean that the Cards will get new ones too?

Kyler Murray, and Kingsbury has been pushing for a new set the last couple years. So we can only hope that this happens in the near future.

Archived