Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Cujo said:

Please no monochrome. Please no monochrome. Please no monochrome.

EwDvkNyWgAAgEcV?format=jpg&name=largeEwDl8M5WgAo6mC4?format=jpg&name=large

It's 2021 so there will definitely be monochrome. Everyone should just accept that now. 

I think the all-white looks rather awesome. It's like the color rush, but the orange outlines provide enough color for the helmet to feel included. They will probably be ~43% less cool than that picture looks because they'll wear it with all white socks.

I've learned to live with the mono black. It's not my favorite, but They'll wear it 2 or 3 times a season at most so I can manage. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't mind the jersey and pants matching (in fact, I quite like it on a lot of teams) but you've got to wear contrasting socks. This is also why teams shouldn't have pants of every color, so they have socks that will always contrast (see: Chargers, Los Angeles). Swap those Bengals socks for orange and that is an incredible set.

the user formerly known as cdclt

14 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Upgrade but I'd swap collars colors to look like these:

bengals.jpg

Mixed feeling about font numbers at least for now.

The contrasting collars make both jerseys look better. I'd like to black collars on the white jersey as well. 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Cujo said:

Please no monochrome. Please no monochrome. Please no monochrome.

EwDvkNyWgAAgEcV?format=jpg&name=largeEwDl8M5WgAo6mC4?format=jpg&name=large

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a more unbalanced uniform than the white set. It would only work with a white helmet as it is it’s insanely top heavy to say the least.

7 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a more unbalanced uniform than the white set. It would only work with a white helmet as it is it’s insanely top heavy to say the least.

Both of those uniforms need orange socks. 

25 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

balgmqgkjrpbulyceyrf.jpg

It's essentially this with more orange around the numbers. I think that works fine. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

Both of those uniforms need orange socks. 

I like the look of both, as monochrome doesn’t bother me as much if there’s an interesting design on the pants. Much like the Seahawks and hopefully the Bengals. However if the Bengals only had orange pants the color balance would work out nicely. The white jersey which might have only splashes of orange, would have orange pants. This would also help balance out the orange helmet. It would look pretty great with the black jerseys as well. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Orange socks and maybe a hip logo. Jersey by itself is wonderful though. 

On 3/3/2021 at 10:03 PM, Eszcz21 said:

I agree the stripes on the shoulders and the numbers on the sleeves were the better version before they moved the numbers and added the logo in the 90s. spacer.png

I liked when they wore orange socks with the all white because when they used to play the Titans when they were the Houston Oilers, The Los Angeles Rams when they wear blue and yellow-gold, and Green Bay Packers, it look great and clash well with those said team colors they rival.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:46 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I think you're close. My guess is the numbers will be orange with a black outline. Makes sense with the slightly darkened orange.

No, the sleeves are orange. The reebok stuff is just removed, no more shadow block numbers. Plus the road whites will have orange, just that the home colors will be like what the leak sows if it is THE REAL LEAK.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:15 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Ev5408AWgAA3ys5?format=jpg&name=large

It's probably because I saw it in phone, but my mind went straight to this:

LGJYCP18189-CBENAVY85JMM_2.png

I know the new Bengals jersey will be black, but it definitely looks blue in that photo.

We better help the Bengals with the Superbowl Shuffle!

25 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

Never understood how people think this looks good. The helmet looks so out of place. 

I don't think it looks that out of place. Would they look better with a white helmet? Probably, but the helmet has tiger stripes, the uniform has tiger stripes. There's cohesion going on. The logo is orange, the name on the back is outlined with orange, the players wear orange accessories, swoosh is orange, the helmet is orange, and that's the helmet we're familiar with the team when we see the Cincinnati Bengals. It's not like there's no orange in the uniform. There's more to tie the helmet to this uniform than, for instance, the Giants blue helmet with their white jersey. Also, I'm of the belief that not every part of the uniform needs to use every color for things to sing in harmony. Reasons I like it: the block number font looks tough and sturdy, unlike the illegible drop-shadowed blob number they were wearing. Without an outline on the numbers they look crisp and match the uniforms' stripes. And it really was a case that the regular uniforms looked so ~EGGGHHHH~ that people would get more excited than usual about any positive improvement. For myself it was just nice to be in the stadium and actually be able to legibly read the numbers. I didn't want this uniform to become the basis for a new look like a lot of people were asking, but it was a nice reprieve a couple times a year to see them in these than their usual tired and bleck uniforms. 

This helmet looks out of place here. With that color rush uniform, it still works. 

hi-res-cd22ec0cdbff1a48ff93f6e100e5e7ef_

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived