Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I was liking alot of this and then I saw the color rush pants with the black jersey. Not good.

higgins-sideprofile.png?imageOpt=1&fit=b

I think an orange outline around the stripes would help. It's mimic the numbers on the white jersey and it's just the reverse of what they did with the other white pants. I don't think it'd ruin the aesthetic they were going for with the all white road either.

They... did the thing?

These look good. Definite upgrade while still keeping the best parts of the design, aka the tiger stripes. Number font is underwhelming but that’s small potatoes. Really nice job imo. 

8/10

spacer.png

They're :censored:ing rad and I'll hear nothing else. I'm very happy. If all they did was remove the white side panels these would've been a win.

The only thing that I don't LOVE is the white pants with the orange stripes. I feel like that kills the "9 possible combinations" because that will look dumb with the white jerseys. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Two immediate thoughts: 

1) The white numbers will be harder to read on the orange jersey. They need a thicker outline or they should be black.

2) The white pants with orange stripes have that black outline, which is jarring when every other stripe is one-color. Just have white with solid orange and white with solid black and then simply match the stripes on the jersey you’re wearing that day.

I would give this update a 8 out of 10. -1 for not TV numbers and -1 for the white pants not being consistent. If the white pants with orange stripes have black trim, then the white pants with black stripes needs to have orange trim. 

spacer.png

Two immediate thoughts: 

1) The white numbers will be harder to read on the orange jersey. They need a thicker outline or they should be black.

I don't know about that...there are two teams in the NFL with orange jerseys and white numbers and legibility is just fine for both.  Black numbers on orange and red jerseys are harder to read than white numbers...they really get muddled. It's pretty clear that the Bears jerseys don't have a thick outline and I've never heard anyone complain about legibility with white numbers. 

Bears to wear orange jerseys Sunday vs. Chargers

These new Bengals unis are fantastic. The orange/black/white looks great, and the all white looks great, though needs orange socks. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cincinnati Bengals Unveil New Uniforms

April 19, 2021 - 12:53 PM

Although an eBay leak in early March prematurely revealed the design, the Cincinnati Bengals officially unveiled their new uniforms on Monday morning.  The home black, orange alternate and white road jerseys feature a new tiger stripe pattern on the sleeves and shoulders that is somewhat reminiscent of the Bengals’ previous

Read More...

43 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I was liking alot of this and then I saw the color rush pants with the black jersey. Not good.

higgins-sideprofile.png?imageOpt=1&fit=b

Is the oversized-white t-shirt part of the design?  It's got to be a bit of a bummer for a designer to work on a new uniform and then for it to be butchered during it's unveiling because the players want to look like idiots.  Why even try when they're just doing to do this to it anyway?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• CS85 locked this topic
3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Is the oversized-white t-shirt part of the design?  It's got to be a bit of a bummer for a designer to work on a new uniform and then for it to be butchered during it's unveiling because the players want to look like idiots.  Why even try when they're just doing to do this to it anyway?

That's been a trend for awhile now.  I think it's 80% fashion thing, 20% a "here's something DBs can get caught up in and may cheese me a few PI calls this season" thing.

43 minutes ago, buckeye said:

The white pants w/ the orange stripes is dumb, but it's not a major sin.  The rest of it is totally acceptable, if not an outright win.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived