I'm hoping now that the Color Rush white is essentially the full-time road uniform that we won't see them randomly wear them for mid-season home games this season. Give us more orange games instead, but not against the Chiefs, Packers, etc.

36 minutes ago, WideRight said:

It really is not that hard.  Tigers are orange with black stripes (with a few exceptions like albinos).  You always put the black and orange together with the orange as the main color and then black stripes over it.  You could do that on black jerseys and white jersey's by having orange sleeves and transitioning the stripes from the black onto the orange.

I bet someone could come up with a solution to this. Oh yeah, the Bengals did...in 1981.  The brilliance of that design was that orange stripes were never needed; omission of one of the colors was never needed; contrasting sleeves were never needed. It was always black stripes on orange whether the item was white or black. It works on orange pants/jerseys as well (though that would be VERY orange). Admittedly, that worked better with the older jersey cuts but without TV numbers it seems like it could work. It certainly would be able to work on the pants.

Really glad they didn't copy the Browns and add orange pants. Smart move and solid upgrade. 

Great update, but the white pants with the orange stripes are terrible. Like others have said, just match the striping on the black pants. 

I have a feeling we won't be seeing the orange stripes version often though, likely just with the orange uniform, but even then we'll probably see the orange and black at least once.

These are a HUGE upgrade but something seems off with the Orange jersey. Perhaps they should have used Black numbers instead? 

Overall a big upgrade, but I'll echo what others have said: the white pants with orange stripes are... odd, to say the least and I'm not the biggest fan of the all-white away. I am, however, a huge fan of the orange alternate, especially with white pants. Color/Color/White/Color is easily my favorite way to block color and it looks great here.

Good comparison from the Bengals subreddit showing the differences (the amount of philistines who are crowing "these look the exact samemmmmememem" hurts me).

97oyx9q2r4u61.jpg

12 minutes ago, uniguy22 said:

Great update, but the white pants with the orange stripes are terrible. Like others have said, just match the striping on the black pants. 

I have a feeling we won't be seeing the orange stripes version often though, likely just with the orange uniform, but even then we'll probably see the orange and black at least once.

Up close they don't look too bad.

EzVt3icUYAETJ-a?format=jpg&name=large

But it's still the weakest aspect of the unveil. 

I don’t see a problem with the orange stripes on the white pants everyone else is complaining about. This whole set went from 25th best look in the league to somewhere around 15th. The number font still sucks.

The Bengals have gone from having one of the worst uniforms in the league to being somewhere in the middle. Considering where they were coming from, that's a significant improvement.

My score: Eh, they're not bad.

The lack of side panels make this a slight upgrade for me, someone who mostly liked their previous set. It's... more dignified.

Helmets still great of course. Orange and black jerseys are fantastic IMO. No mono-chrome orange which is a miracle. 

Very confused why they decided to add a black stroke to orange stripes on the white pants yet they reduce orange, their new primary uniform color, to an accent on the white jersey. Makes me miss the yoke. I agree with other they should've matched the pants stripes. Maybe if they reversed it, black stripes with and orange stroke and then added an orange stroke to the jersey stripes, it'd also be more cohesive?

Not mad.

EDIT: Seeing now they have two white pants options... Feel like they overthought this, but still a decent set of jerseys.

Remember last year when the Falcons had their unveil and it felt impossible to get photos of real players in the new uniforms because of quarantine guidelines? Feels like forever ago.

I'm shocked there aren't orange pants.

1 minute ago, -Akronite- said:

Very confused why they decided to add a black stroke to orange stripes on the white pants yet they reduce orange, their new primary color, to an accent on the white jersey. Makes me miss the yoke. I agree with other they should've matched the pants stripes. Maybe if they reversed it, black stripes with and orange stroke and then added an orange stroke to the jersey stripes, it'd also be more cohesive?

I think the black stroke was to match the stroke on the numbers of the orange uniform.

10 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Very confused why they decided to add a black stroke to orange stripes on the white pants yet they reduce orange, their new primary uniform color

The report that said orange is the new primary seems to be incorrect. The team (and NFL Shop) is listing black as the primary with orange as the alternate. 

I think the Bengals did a great job on the whole. 

But I still prefer the '81 set where the stripes were contained within an orange shoulder panel. I said it before when these initially leaked, but the tiger stripes floating on the shoulders almost look like crooked fingers, or even flames. I'm being a little nit-picky on this point, of course. Because it's the Bengals, we know they're tiger stripes. I just think they were more identifiable as tiger stripes on their own in the '80s version.

I think that same issue is what makes those white pants seem like such a miss. You look at those pants in isolation, and tell someone they're flames, you wouldn't put up an argument. You can easily imagine them as flames. But make the panel orange, and fill it with black stripes, and they're instantly recognizable as tiger stripes. 

On 4/15/2021 at 7:55 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

My condolences, to you and your family.

Just thinking...what if the three pant combos are black, white/black & orange, and white/black for color rush?

I predicted this.

2 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

No orange pants. Just black and two whites.

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Two pairs of white pants is the best news I’ve heard in a while. All orange would’ve been a nightmare. Really happy with the pants stripe too.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

The report that said orange is the new primary seems to be incorrect. The team (and NFL Shop) is listing black as the primary with orange as the alternate. 

Hmmm, makes the decision not to make the white pants panel black even sillier.

1 hour ago, GFB said:

EzVsPuEVEAkVb5E?format=jpg&name=large

Fill in the rest of that white pants panel with black, and this would be an excellent uniform.

As it is, it's okay if still an upgrade.  

Very well done, touches much of the clubs history and isn't gaudy. 

Cardinals you are on the clock.

Those white pants look really dumb, like something a low-budget arena league team would wear. They don't even match the white jerseys. Pretty much ruins the whole set.