Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

14 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I think the Bengals did a great job on the whole. 

But I still prefer the '81 set where the stripes were contained within an orange shoulder panel. I said it before when these initially leaked, but the tiger stripes floating on the shoulders almost look like crooked fingers, or even flames. I'm being a little nit-picky on this point, of course. Because it's the Bengals, we know they're tiger stripes. I just think they were more identifiable as tiger stripes on their own in the '80s version.

I think that same issue is what makes those white pants seem like such a miss. You look at those pants in isolation, and tell someone they're flames, you wouldn't put up an argument. You can easily imagine them as flames. But make the panel orange, and fill it with black stripes, and they're instantly recognizable as tiger stripes. 

An excellent point.

Small details make all the difference.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are fine. The comparisons posted above of the old jerseys vs the new show just how much of a mess the prior jerseys were. It's a definite upgrade that would use a few tweaks that many have mentioned.

I just can't help but laugh and shake my head at the prominent Tide logo in that video and graphics. 😆 

gYH2mW9.png

1 hour ago, GFB said:

spacer.png

It's something that I could foresee being an issue and being a simple tweak in year 2, similar to what the Titans had to do.

Oh boy, that 3 is really bothering me. Why not just angle the top and bottom? Hopefully not many other numbers have this issue.

51 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Up close they don't look too bad.

EzVt3icUYAETJ-a?format=jpg&name=large

But it's still the weakest aspect of the unveil. 

Great overall set, these pants are classic designer overthink.

I dig the new jerseys. The lack of TV numbers on the shoulders is a little weird, but it would have meant sacrificing the stripes. Only gripe is with the pants. Would have liked a little more consistency with the stripes. I wish the orange top, white pants w/ orange stripes look was the primary.

Solid set!

2 minutes ago, SCL said:

Great overall set, these pants are classic designer overthink.

Serious question: Do you think this is simply the result of doing something different just to be different

I mean, it would so obviously look better if they did the side panels exactly as they did them from 1981 through 2004. You could say that for pretty much every element of their uniforms. That leaves designers without a lot to play with if they're intent on leaving their own mark on the look. So you start to tinker with things that don't need tinkered with.

Too me this would be perfect with orange shoulder caps on the black & white jerseys with black tiger stripes like the orange jersey and with solid orange stripes down the side of the white pants with black tiger stripes like the color rush pants. There is always something that seems to be missing to me anyways with Nike even when they get it right that could take it over the top.

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Serious question: Do you think this is simply the result of doing something different just to be different

I mean, it would so obviously look better if they did the side panels exactly as they did them from 1981 through 2004. You could say that for pretty much every element of their uniforms. That leaves designers without a lot to play with if they're intent on leaving their own mark on the look. So you start to tinker with things that don't need tinkered with.

That's what it feels like to me, I think the execution ends up feeling unfinished in this case.

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

EzVt3icUYAETJ-a?format=jpg&name=large

But it's still the weakest aspect of the unveil. 

Anyone else getting sarong vibes from this particular pattern?

il_794xN.2599078899_pona.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 minutes ago, Sport said:

Lots of "what did they even change it looks the same" and "they're 80's throwbacks" on Bengals Twitter. Never read the comments. 

It really says something about Twitter and the rest of social media when Reddit is your best chance to have semi-intelligent sports discussions (besides here of course). 

spacer.png

I'm underwhelmed by these... maybe that's a good thing to be honest. 

That picture with the 5 players wearing different sets is tough to look at and evaluate. None of them are wearing their socks properly, they have mismatches shoes, one guy has an arm sleeve... just not a great pic.

I want to see: Orange helmet, black jersey, orange pants, black socks, orange shoes. But i don't think its even an option

Archived