Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

I can’t tell if you’re being serious, what else could they be?

They obviously are an attempt at tiger stripes, just poorly done.

This is a real tiger, it doesn't get all swirly like that and it it appears they tried to make them vertical, like a real tiger.  But it doesnt work well.  The new pant stripes mirror a real tiger much better.

P6v8d8G.png 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That was probably a stipulation the head honchos made. As comically bad as Bengals management can sometimes be, they know their helmets are iconic. 

I see it said here all the time - “when are these owners gonna start saying no to Nike?!”

It does happen and you’re right, this might be the case. 

7 minutes ago, AndrewG70 said:

How about if the Bengals removed the stripes from their pants altogether and replaced them with the “B” monogram at the top?

spacer.png

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pri6en27thdrgcardj

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

12 minutes ago, AndrewG70 said:

How about if the Bengals removed the stripes from their pants altogether and replaced them with the “B” monogram at the top?

spacer.png

The Jags called... they want their simplistic design back.

5 hours ago, AndrewG70 said:

spacer.png

I don't hate it, but no.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:03 PM, MCM0313 said:

That was probably a stipulation the head honchos made. As comically bad as Bengals management can sometimes be, they know their helmets are iconic. 

If only a certain team that recently moved to the West Coast had the same type of awareness.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:41 PM, guest23 said:

They are also notoriously cheap, to the miserly ownership not changing the helmets may have simply been choosing not to open the pocketbook for fancy helmet paint and masks.

They already paint the helmets so new paint wouldn't be drastically more expensive. If finances are the reason they didn't change the helmets then it might be because they didn't want to replace the thousands of seats in the stadium that have the helmet etched into the plastic seatback. 

146265581-1.jpg

(best picture I could find)

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, Sport said:

They already paint the helmets so new paint wouldn't be drastically more expensive. If finances are the reason they didn't change the helmets then it might be because they didn't want to replace the thousands of seats in the stadium that have the helmet etched into the plastic seatback. 

146265581-1.jpg

Well the stripes would likely stay, I think they are just talking about the finishes. So matte, satin, I’m sure there are some people who would want a chrome helmet. Even if the 1 helmet rule went away and they introduced white tiger helmets they would go with those seats still. 

just for the record I’m not advocating for any of these things and am so glad they stayed with their current helmets.

42 minutes ago, Sport said:

146265581-1.jpg

Why are the seats in PB stadium teal/green and not orange?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 minute ago, Claystation360 said:

Why are the seats in PB stadium teal/green and not orange?

IDK, the muted dark green's a more neutral color? It's something I've never really cared about one way or the other. I happen to like the green seats. 

This is what all orange seats in a stadium looks like if you're curious. 

FirstEnergy_Stadium_field_2016.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

IDK, the muted dark green's a more neutral color? It's something I've never really cared about one way or the other. I happen to like the green seats. 

I always assumed they wanted a jungle theme in the stadium. The side wall graphics always seem to have a lot of green on them, so it seemed to all fit well together. 

Wonder what it would look like if they tried to do tiger stripes in the seats. Similar to Arizona. Might be cool, but might also end up looking like a big mess. 

4 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I always assumed they wanted a jungle theme in the stadium. The side wall graphics always seem to have a lot of green on them, so it seemed to all fit well together. 

Wonder what it would look like if they tried to do tiger stripes in the seats. Similar to Arizona. Might be cool, but might also end up looking like a big mess. 

Unless you pick a pattern and paint the seats, it could look pretty awful. Soccer teams like arranging seats to show their names or sponsors and they have to be blocky and clearly legible.

Manchester United looking to 'rejuvenate' Old Trafford - Coliseum

Man Utd's Old Trafford ready to welcome 23,500 fans - The Stadium Business

Final West End Stadium seat design unveiled | FC Cincinnati

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/26/2021 at 9:42 AM, Sport said:

I happen to like the green seats. 

Coupled with drapery (I can't think of a better word at the moment) at field level, I've always thought the green seats looked good. Kind of like a tiger emerging from the tall grass in the jungle.

Edit: Would have helped to keep reading before quoting and posting.

On 4/26/2021 at 6:27 AM, Sport said:

My new jersey came in on Saturday. Looks really good in person and I felt a lot less silly wearing this than I ever did in the 04-20 jerseys. 

I'm shocked you already got it!

I ordered my Robert Woods Rams jersey last June and it didn't come until September 2020.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived