Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The look for this week's preseason is probably their best set they could possible have. Helmet stripes match the pants stripes. Fantastic.

Jersey is good, but it needs a splash of orange. I know its sans the traditional look, but I think orange numbers (or at least thicker outlines) would've done it better.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

46 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

The look for this week's preseason is probably their best set they could possible have. Helmet stripes match the pants stripes. Fantastic.

Jersey is good, but it needs a splash of orange. I know its sans the traditional look, but I think orange numbers (or at least thicker outlines) would've done it better.

Thicker outlines would be better, but

“That would be too much orange for the ❄️all-white Color Rush” —Bengals PR 

8 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Thicker outlines would be better, but

“That would be too much orange for the ❄️all-white Color Rush” —Bengals PR 

Watching this game on TV right now, and what little orange there is on the jerseys is imperceptible to the viewing audience. It looks like a mismatched set.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:20 AM, flyersfan said:

How do the helmet stripes match the pants stripes? 

23 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

That insert should have been used on the primary pants too. 

And that's why I'm complaining on this set, if they went white base with the same stripe insert like you said, perfect. And add a touch of orange to the white jersey and it's golden

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

While I wouldn’t be surprised if we got some pants modifications within 5 years, it’s highly unlikely considering the pants don’t make the team or league any money

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

While I wouldn’t be surprised if we got some pants modifications within 5 years, it’s highly unlikely considering the pants don’t make the team or league any money

Pants often don't have a long shelf life so they could easily be replaced as part of the next reorder, but then again we are talking about the stingiest ownership family in the league so you are probably right.

Something I noticed amidst all this pants talk but didn't see mentioned is that the new pants have the exact same stripe pattern as the old ones. The panel was just straightened and widened (along with being recolored, obviously). 

Assessing the Bengals' New Uniforms › Uni Watch

I didn’t hate the orange-over-white pants stripe at first. But I’ve steadily grown to hate it the more I’ve seen it. Makes an easy 8/10 uniform drop to 6.5 or 7. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DenverKing said:

Something I noticed amidst all this pants talk but didn't see mentioned is that the new pants have the exact same stripe pattern as the old ones. The panel was just straightened and widened (along with being recolored, obviously). 

I always hated on the old set (on top of many other things) the weird section of the pants stripe where the background switched from black to white by the waist

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, DenverKing said:

It's not 100% exact. The top half/two-thirds is the same. Near the knee it's different. 

I don't know where the seams in that template are, but in addition to making the NOBs orange, an orange sleeve cap would do wonders.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, VDizzle12 said:

Feel like the 1997-2003 pants would work too.  At least they'd be better than the new ones.

Have a tough time getting excited for Madden. The game has been the exact same thing for so long, I don't see spending $60+ for a roster update and boring gameplay. I'll wait until it's on sale for $10 or added to Xbox Gamepass. 

Shoot, that's how I felt about Madden Mobile last year, a month in and it just felt so boring and stale that I was questioning why I was even playing.   I didn't spend a dime and still feel like I got ripped off.   I figure if I felt like splurging and learning how to tweak bases, I'd have more fun playing electric football than Madden.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 8/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, PlayGloria said:

Even with the rough editor, this looks 100% better to me. Love it

But at this point now we're just a side panel away from essentially what they already had.

I'm in favor of everything from the waist up. I think it looks much cleaner. Just fix those pants panels and they're golden

Archived