Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

11 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

No, they’re not. Look at the two pictures of the white pant with black stripes. Every single black stripe on the old pant can be matched 1:1 with its corresponding partner on the new pant, except the forward point where the two bottom stripes “connect.” It’s identical, just cropped into a straight panel at the bottom instead of one that curves toward the knee.

You’re wrong, the stripes towards the bottom of the panels aren’t even coming from the same side. Come on all you have to do is look at it for 2 seconds to see that. And there are other minute details in the other stripes that are different that have already been pointed out here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, dont care said:

You’re wrong, the stripes towards the bottom of the panels aren’t even coming from the same side. Come on all you have to do is look at it for 2 seconds to see that. And there are other minute details in the other stripes that are different that have already been pointed out here.

Alright we're still having fun so...

You're wrong. Well, wrong is a strong word, but I think you're missing something. I'd say the stripes ARE coming from the same place, the difference is the shape of the panel. The old version extends onto the front of the knee while the new version extends downward. You can still see the 1:1 from top (shirt blocks the very top stripe, so not sure on that) to the bottom (minor modification, but the same base pattern). Below I highlighted around where the black stripe would extend were it on the old panel.  Also somewhat confusing as in this example we have orange stripes corresponding to black ones.

PS: This was quick & sloppy phone edit, but whatever.

4qH76lb.png

6 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Alright we're still having fun so...

You're wrong. Well, wrong is a strong word, but I think you're missing something. I'd say the stripes ARE coming from the same place, the difference is the shape of the panel. The old version extends onto the front of the knee while the new version extends downward. You can still see the 1:1 from top (shirt blocks the very top stripe, so not sure on that) to the bottom (minor modification, but the same base pattern). Below I highlighted around where the black stripe would extend were it on the old panel.  Also somewhat confusing as in this example we have orange stripes corresponding to black ones.

PS: This was quick & sloppy phone edit, but whatever.

4qH76lb.png

if you think those are following the same vector arc, you are wrong. 

the old one would still clearly be visible in the new pattern.  In the old pant It’s almost directly below it other sharp point above. They clearly altered it.  

Last post on this.  Since people still can't seem to grasp the altered the vector arcs for the stripes.  

First is the old vector paths copied and placed over the new pants:

KXO4frE.png

(if they were the same art vectors, you wouldn't be able to see the new black stripes under the old orange ones.  Sure my vectors are perfect, but they clearly start to drastically change going down the panel.)

Second is each individual stripe placed over its new "counterpart:"

sgjSlog.png

(The vector art is clearly altered and flattened at the bottom half of the pattern.  The bottom 4 neon green stripes don't match up. )

Last is the old pants transparent over the new pants:

7E5ttqJ.png

I don't expect anybody to admit the differences that haven't already, but how can you look at those two vector sets and claim they are identical?  They clearly don't match and you can see they would easily fit into the new panel size.  The bottom 2/3s of the vector art was changed.  

48 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Second is each individual stripe placed over its new "counterpart:"

sgjSlog.png

(

7E5ttqJ.png

I don't expect anybody to admit the differences that haven't already, but how can you look at those two vector sets and claim they are identical? 

Or the pants could be stretched in different ways due to the different poses, pants template, photographic perspectives, muscular anatomy of the models, etc... If anything, your post goes to show that the two patterns are more similar than I originally thought.

I'd be interested in seeing the new style guide to see if they are actually the same.

6tn8kQ9.png

15 minutes ago, GFB said:

Or the pants could be stretched in different ways due to the different poses, pants template, photographic perspectives, muscular anatomy of the models, etc... If anything, your post goes to show that the two patterns are more similar than I originally thought.

I'd be interested in seeing the new style guide to see if they are actually the same.

6tn8kQ9.png

stretched only at the bottom?  I think it’s pretty obvious they flattened out the stripes.  

im sorry but the stretching argument is so off base.  The old vector art would easily fit into the new panel size/shape.  Yet it’s missing elements altogether, and that has nothing to do with stretching fabric.  

Rename thread "Adults arguing over Ken Anderson's former team's pants"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know I should probably not do anything to keep this going, but...

They're not the same, right?  Sure, kinda close, but they're not the same.

@CreamSoda’s graphics show how close they are, with modifications toward the bottom where the panel has been changed.

Not the exact same, not totally different.

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

Rename thread "Adults arguing over Ken Anderson's former team's pants"

Adults argue about trivial stuff all over this forum.

Cincinnati was told that they needed to change their uniforms. The Bengals have a new one now. It doesn't matter what teams do. People will find fault with things no matter what a team does.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching 17 years of the Bengals Reebok atrocities it was really nice to see them in some clean and understated uniforms yesterday. I thought they looked sharp as hell. 

CkUEIaQ6hCiW_CkUEIaQ6hCiW_XT7rz9PFp07B_o1339886914-850x560.jpeg

Maybe some orange socks would help, but I don't mind that there's so little orange below the neck. These were clearly modeled off of the "White Tiger" color rush uniforms, which contained even less orange below the neck. Because the stripes are the same color on each element I feel like everything is tied together and it also allows the helmet to stand out and be the star of the show, AS IT SHOULD BE.  Every piece of the uniform doesn't need to heavily use every color in order for the uniform to be a cohesive unit and for each element to work in concert with the others. The last set used every color everywhere and it was a busy mess

My only criticism is that they should've done more to match the pants stripes to the shoulder stripes, but I can easily ignore that. I do think these jerseys would look really weird with the Nemo pants. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, Sport said:

After watching 17 years of the Bengals Reebok atrocities it was really nice to see them in some clean and understated uniforms yesterday. I thought they looked sharp as hell. 

CkUEIaQ6hCiW_CkUEIaQ6hCiW_XT7rz9PFp07B_o1339886914-850x560.jpeg

Maybe some orange socks would help, but I don't mind that there's so little orange below the neck. These were clearly modeled off of the "White Tiger" color rush uniforms, which contained even less orange below the neck. Because the stripes are the same color on each element I feel like everything is tied together and it also allows the helmet to stand out and be the star of the show, AS IT SHOULD BE.  Every piece of the uniform doesn't need to heavily use every color in order for the uniform to be a cohesive unit and for each element to work in concert with the others. The last set used every color everywhere and it was a busy mess

My only criticism is that they should've done more to match the pants stripes to the shoulder stripes, but I can easily ignore that. I do think these jerseys would look really weird with the Nemo pants. 

This set needs orange socks. And orange tiger stripes.  And a bigger number outline. Just MORE ORANGE, please.

Joe-Burrow.jpeg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

7 hours ago, nash61 said:

This set needs orange socks. And orange tiger stripes.  And a bigger number outline. Just MORE ORANGE, please.

Joe-Burrow.jpeg

No thank you. You share that picture as if that's an upgrade to the new look. It was bad in 2004, it was bad in 2020. Maybe there's a middle point between the Reebok atrocities and the new uniforms as far as balancing color weights (it's probably just this), but again I really have no issue with so little orange in the white jerseys. Half the time they'll be worn with the black pants anyways. 

usa_today_16650076.0.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Both of these looks would be vastly improved with orange socks. But across the league, contrasting socks seem to be more and more of a rarity these days. 

I'd have to see them (which of course would assume that they actually wear them at some point, if they even exist), but I'm inclined to think black socks would work best with those jungle-kat alternates and--i can't even believe I'm finna type this--even the black pants. I think it has to do with the fact that no part of that uniform* has any solid orange on it; thus, to see solid orange socks would kinda be jarring contrasting with tiger-striped orange (if that makes sense). 

All that said, for as long as the Bengals keep this set, at present i prefer black pants over the white ones with their white tops.

*Before someone gets semantic on me, yes I'm aware the chest scripts are all orange--but they're too small to count.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, tBBP said:

I'd have to see them (which of course would assume that they actually wear them at some point, if they even exist), but I'm inclined to think black socks would work best with those jungle-kat alternates and--i can't even believe I'm finna type this--even the black pants. I think it has to do with the fact that no part of that uniform* has any solid orange on it; thus, to see solid orange socks would kinda be jarring contrasting with tiger-striped orange (if that makes sense). 

All that said, for as long as the Bengals keep this set, at present i prefer black pants over the white ones with their white tops.

*Before someone gets semantic on me, yes I'm aware the chest scripts are all orange--but they're too small to count.

I'm gonna disagree with you here in that I feel the orange panel on the black pants and the orange helmet, coupled with the little bit of orange on the jersey, would be enough for orange socks to work. (Rough edit job to follow)

bengals-orange-socks

7 minutes ago, McCall said:

I'm gonna disagree with you here in that I feel the orange panel on the black pants and the orange helmet, coupled with the little bit of orange on the jersey, would be enough for orange socks to work. (Rough job to follow)

bengals-orange-socks

This is the only way to make the white jerseys work with the current uniforms options...

Archived