Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

I actually really like the B logo, I’ve never really understood the dislike for it. I do agree the bengal head logo is better, and would probably prefer them to just have the wordmark above the number, as the B takes up too much space, however.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I'd say the Ravens' tapered helmet stripes are pretty dated. A single purple stripe would probably look pretty nice, or a purple stripe with thin gold stripes would look good too. 

I tend to forget that they're there because they're small and blend in so much with the black.

The helmets would probably look better without the stripes, but they don't bother me.

2 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I've always liked the Ravens uniforms. When they first started I felted they emulated Jaguars style intentionally or unintentionally with the triple colors and full animal on the sleeve. Styles that were new innovative very 90's with a unique color since only the Vikes had purple at the time but not a trendy teal either. They did drop the bird for the shield but and forced to change the primary, But they have essentially maintained the same uniform since 00 and still look like they belong in 2021. Its pretty cool for a such a young franchise, something I wish Jacksonville would've done  Carolina has maintained but is starting to look dated IMO.  

I never thought about the Jacksonville similarity before, but it is pretty accurate.

All in all, I tend to think of the Ravens uniforms as something of a modern classic (though I'm probably just a bit biased).  They generally stick to traditional football aesthetics (no piping, traditional pants striping (black pants excluded)), with some modern elements (custom number font, sleeve logo with just a stripe on the cuff).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

19 hours ago, Sport said:

Pro Football Talk published an article about the news that the helmet would not be changing and said something like "the Bengals have not had a major overhaul of their uniforms since the debut of the tiger stripes in 1981". I shook my head until it fell off. SInce then they've had a minor overhaul of their uniforms and a major overhaul. 

2823033-850x560.jpeg

rudi-johnson-of-the-cincinnati-bengals-i

yeah totally not a major overhaul. 

I am sorry your head fell off. May you Rest In Peace. 

4 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I tend to forget that they're there because they're small and blend in so much with the black.

The helmets would probably look better without the stripes, but they don't bother me.

I never thought about the Jacksonville similarity before, but it is pretty accurate.

All in all, I tend to think of the Ravens uniforms as something of a modern classic (though I'm probably just a bit biased).  They generally stick to traditional football aesthetics (no piping, traditional pants striping (black pants excluded)), with some modern elements (custom number font, sleeve logo with just a stripe on the cuff).

I’m mostly okay with the Ravens’ look except when they go yoga pants. The stripes on the helmet could stand to change but they aren’t that intrusive. The white jersey/purple pants/black socks look is really strong in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

"B" is for "Bengals." In the midwest, there are standalone "C" logos for the Cleveland baseball team, the Cincinnati baseball team, the Chicago baseball team, and the Chicago football team. That's a pretty crowded marketplace for yet another C logo, so I think it's smart to go with the B.

Not to mention these:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cincinnati Bengals Confirm Helmets Won’t Change With Uniform Redesign

February 24, 2021 - 20:09 PM

Though we reported as much in January, the Cincinnati Bengals confirmed this week their helmet design won’t be changing when they unveil new uniforms later this spring. “Can’t wait to see these helmets paired with #NewStripes,” the team shared on its official Instagram account. The Bengals have worn their iconic

Read More...

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'd say the Ravens' tapered helmet stripes are pretty dated. A single purple stripe would probably look pretty nice, or a purple stripe with thin gold stripes would look good too. 

I'd say either incorporate gold or remove the stripes.  The current striping is the worst example of the poor contrast between black and purple. The stripes are barely visible.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the only way to make a tiger-striped "C" look good would be to go back to the 1980s and use more/thinner stripes. But that would be difficult to translate under the collar, on a polo, etc. So ditch the letter and go with the leaping tiger. I have a personal bias towards full-body logos (Lions, the short-lived Coyotes alt, the original Jags sleeve logo, the crawling Cub sleeve patch) and against head logos, anyway. But with the Jags and Panthers, we are pretty well set in the cat head logo. Leaping tiger was fantastic and would be unique in the league, since it's animated while Detroit uses a silhouette.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Not to mention these:

Seems to prove the point that you can still make a distinct logo with the concept "themed C." A Bengal-y C mark would not conjure up those other logos IMO, many of which are classic/examples of great design (Canucks eh, Blue Jackets barely a C but okay logo).

But of course, the Bengal head works well enough for me, no need for a monogram.

17 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I'd say either incorporate gold or remove the stripes.  The current striping is the worst example of the poor contrast between black and purple. The stripes are barely visible.

You mean like this?

0a4de1107048107.5f9df9cb8d8fb.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 2/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, throwuascenario said:

Are all rebrands major overhauls though? I would consider a rebrand having to do with the logo, while a major overhaul has to do with the uniforms. In theory, a team could dramatically change their logo/identity while keeping the uniform. It may have happened before, but I can't think of an example though.

22 hours ago, Sport said:

Yes. By definition rebrand means changing the entire package. 

To you.  And maybe to me, too.  But not necessarily to everybody.

There are no universally-accepted definitions for "rebrand", "refresh", "overhaul", "tweak" or any of the other terms thrown around.  There are only different opinions about where those lines fall. 

Some have said that a new primary logo alone is enough to label it a rebrand.  Somebody might say that so long as the Bengals are keeping the old helmet, it isn't really a reband.  Some have said that if there isn't a color change, it isn't really a rebrand.  Some have said that the only true rebrands in sports are name changes like Tennessee Oilers to the Tennessee Titans, and what Washington and Cleveland are undergoing now. 

This is complicated by the terms potentially having different meanings in different areas of the industry  In the advertising world, "rebrand" can be described as tearing everything down from scratch and building back up, that means new logos, new colors, and often even a new name.  In that world, they'd consider the three most recent Bengals' uniforms to be a mere "refresh"; all the same basic elements are there - football team in black, orange, and white with strategically placed tiger-stripe elements - no matter how significant we think the differences are. 

It's like color names - highly subjective, evolving, and subject to opinion.

Archived