Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You people are nuts. These are objectively nice looks:

vm3saq316dfod78fky3a

th?id=OVFT.TWatVtQ_CBfuyC9gO0bCwS&pid=Ne

Yeah, the other stuff is problematic, but those two are awesome.

The bone jerseys are horrific in any combo, and even the blue-over-gold (their only semi-tolerable look) is still ruined by the poor design decisions. Literally the only thing worth keeping from this era is the helmet color. Everything else is inferior to the throwbacks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

After the Bengals, it's Rams, Falcons, Titans, Seahawks, and Cardinals, easily. But since the Rams, Titans, and Falcons are stuck for a while, it's Seahawks, Cardinals, Broncos, Ravens, and Saints.

Throw in the Jets too.

2 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

A poster at forum.go-bengals.com is claiming to have a scoop, and several concepts (all of which are ugly) are included. Take it for what its worth:

https://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/86190-jersey-change/&do=findComment&comment=1631511

The stripes make me think of this:

tommy-palasek-atlanta-blaze-pretty-insta

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

After the Bengals, it's Rams, Falcons, Titans, Seahawks, and Cardinals, easily. But since the Rams, Titans, and Falcons are stuck for a while, it's Seahawks, Cardinals, Broncos, Ravens, and Saints.

My unpopular opinion is that the seahawks and titans have nice, modern uniforms which are some of the only ones in the league that look good in monotone (navy/navy for both)

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You people are nuts. These are objectively nice looks:

vm3saq316dfod78fky3a

th?id=OVFT.TWatVtQ_CBfuyC9gO0bCwS&pid=Ne

Yeah, the other stuff is problematic, but those two are awesome.

The only thing thats objectively nice about these is that they're objectively the nicest uniforms in this god awful set, which doesn't say much

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

My unpopular opinion is that the seahawks and titans have nice, modern uniforms which are some of the only ones in the league that look good in monotone (navy/navy for both)

The Titans having nice uniforms is a very unpopular opinion. The Seahawks may not be to everyone's personal taste, but they are competently designed. The Titans are a mess. They went way too hard on the sword motif, to the point of being gimmicky, and added all that unnecessary double gray to an already crowded color pallet. Then they realized they forgot the light blue and just slapped it under the armpits. If they had made the sword-shaped yokes entirely light blue, and dropped the pit-stains, they would be 100 times better.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, burgundy said:

The Titans having nice uniforms is a very unpopular opinion. The Seahawks may not be to everyone's personal taste, but they are competently designed. The Titans are a mess. They went way too hard on the sword motif, to the point of being gimmicky, and added all that unnecessary double gray to an already crowded color pallet. Then they realized they forgot the light blue and just slapped it under the armpits. If they had made the sword-shaped yokes entirely light blue, and dropped the pit-stains, they would be 100 times better.

I'd say both Seattle's and Tennessee's sets were overcooked; Tennessee's just more so. But you're correct in that they went waaaayyyyy too overboard on the sword motif, double-up on the gray-and then kinda snuck the light blue in as an afterthought.

I know we're not supposed to post concepts in this section, but this idea exists for a reversioned Titans set that probably does a better job of blending all that stuff together.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

The Titans won’t let the Texans become the Oilers, but have diminished both of the Oilers colors and become a navy-silver team, which already exists (Dallas if they handle their business). If you’re gonna squat on the Oilers brand (which is fine, considering they are technically still that franchise), you should at least prominently use those colors.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:14 PM, BBTV said:

James Brooks was a monster in Tecmo Super Bowl.

Here's a rare photo of the Esiason set with normal block font as opposed to Champion:

Buffalo-Bills-v-Cincinnati-Bengals-8b083

I was never a big fan of these uniforms. And if these came back I think I would like them even less. 

Back then LARGE shoulder-pads were worn. This helped with the shoulder stripes. 

With shoulder-pads being smaller these days, the stripes would either need to be moved closer to the collar, allowed to droop down the arm, and or thinned to negate the lose of due to the shoulder-pad loss. 

If you thin the shoulder, you then need to thin the pants stripe. How does the strip look thinned out? I think it would look worse. 

19 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Jets are a couple tweaks from perfection IMO. 

You're right. The two tweaks I can think of are these:

1. Revert to the previous uniforms
  2. Change the green to a lighter shade, e.g. Kelly green.

Do those two tweaks and it's perfection! The Jets have the third worst uniforms in the league Only the Broncos and Falcons are worse.

I don't have faith in the Bengals improving their uniforms sine Nike is involved. I hope I'm wrong. What I would prefer to see is that they go back to the design from the late '80s. MCM0313's post on page 7 is the look to which I'm referring. Ditch the black jerseys and pants in favor of orange and the Bengals will then have great uniforms. The current striping, piping and emphasis on black really make the uniforms a bad set.

I feel like there are some people on this site who are putting a bit too much stock in the random comment somebody apparently made about the changes being minor. What a frequent poster on this board would call minor vs the general population is pretty different. I'm reminded that back in 2006, when the Vikings were about to change from the Culpeper/Moss uniforms to their Rebok mess the owner's son refered to the upcoming changes as minor.

I know I've related this story on the board before, but I once got in a conversation with a Saints fan who was proud of the "fact" that the Saints had never changed their uniforms. I tried pointing out changes in logos, striping, number colors, etc, and he looked at me like I was crazy. Because they'd always worn black jerseys, gold helmets, and had the same logo, in his mind that literally equalled no changes.

Minor could mean anything.

It’s crazy how sometimes the general population can’t even see something like a different striping pattern on a jersey. Like “Oh the old jersey had stripes, this one doesn’t” seems so simple, but yet people are so confused by that... It’s very strange to me.

I understand people not seeing the little changes like the difference from the 49ers previous set to their current one, where they only changed the sleeve striping pattern, and it honestly looked the same before, since the pattern was cut off by the sleeves. 

So minor changes here probably means a change in the striping pattern and number font, but the same helmet, black jersey with white numbers, and white pants. And then the road to match. While that’s a big change here, that’s definitely a minor change to the rest of the sports world. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Best case scenario IMO, is they go more Chargers and Bucs level of change.  

Worse case, Rams and Falcons

Top 3 teams needing an update:

1- Cardinals: complete overhaul

2- Saints:  choose a gold, not a beige, only need one outline on the logo, no more black on black this isn't Any Given Sunday

3- Texans:  Do something, anything.

38 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

Best case scenario IMO, is they go more Chargers and Bucs level of change.  

Worse case, Rams and Falcons

Top 3 teams needing an update:

1- Cardinals: complete overhaul

2- Saints:  choose a gold, not a beige, only need one outline on the logo, no more black on black this isn't Any Given Sunday

3- Texans: Make the red alt the primary.

Fixed it.

Archived