Professional Lacrosse Changes

Jer15

Again. Assumptions.

But bojangles. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

12 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Word out there is it will be cobras and that will be the logo. 

I don't know this for a fact but I assume it's due to the short turn around time

They kind of hinted that all of the unboxed identities were future identities if I remember correctly. So any future relocation or expansion we should expect that these identities to be used.

On another note...

Seems to be yet another team that the Pegula's have sold. They first lost the Buffalo Beauts which in all fairness was the fall of the NWHL/PHF and the rise of the PWHL. They have also sold significant portions of the Bills and Sabres. I'd imagine most of this due to Kim Pegula's health.

Hoping whoever the new owner is does what is right and brings back the old colors and identity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YelichGraphics said:

Hoping whoever the new owner is does what is right and brings back the old colors and identity.

Sadly that won't happen. I believe Kurt Styres (Halifax owner) owns the rights to them. Then again, maybe this owner will be motivated enough to work out a deal and that would be awesome! 

I'm very glad that Rochester is staying put. That market has always been solid and they were almost screwed out of their team. Credit to the Pegulas for keeping/resurrecting a team in Rochester. If it wasn't for them I doubt there would be a team but also, as you mention, they were very ready to dump this team too. I understand why but the fact is they were ready to wash their hands. The rumor was that they were going to Grand Rapids for some time. I'm glad it's not happening, no offense to the people of Grand Rapids. 

24 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

They kind of hinted that all of the unboxed identities were future identities if I remember correctly. So any future relocation or expansion we should expect that these identities to be used.

To counter that. Ottawa's unboxed identity was called the Ottawa Electrics. I much prefer the Black Bears. 

That said, we don't know for sure what Charlotte is going to do officially yet but that's only 2 instances. Should be interesting to see though because I think there were some cool looks that would translate well to a pro team.

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

12 hours ago, Echo said:

If they're dispersing their players I guess that means the rumored Charlotte move isn't going to happen?

Sounds like it. No word yet on what fell through on the rumored relocation 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, colinturner95 said:

But something tells me Charlotte gets an expansion team.

v40P3lq.png

On 8/31/2024 at 11:37 AM, colinturner95 said:

Some talk in this article about what happened with the failed Charlotte relocation.

"Without knowing the whole story for sure, what it appears like is that a deal was unable to get done with any potential interested ownership groups in the Panther City Lacrosse Club in a timeframe that they would be comfortable with kicking off ticket campaigns, hiring a ticket/marketing/operations staff etc. with the season only now 3 and a half months away. Note that Ottawa’s announcement of their relocation from New York came back in February."

• Like 1