Professional Lacrosse Changes

Jer15

On 8/15/2022 at 9:15 PM, Burmy said:

The PBLA has officially announced their team names...

New England Chowderheads

Ah, yes. Nothing quite like the bracing salt air that greets one’s nostrils during a morning of clamming in Manchester, New Hampshire  or Springfield, Massachusetts! There’s a sense of satisfaction that one derives while harvesting clams from the tidal sand flats of the Merrimack and Connecticut Rivers as they flow through the respective cities, exceeded only by bringing a heaping haul of said bivalves home and whipping up a batch of the “chowdah” these communities have become famous for.

Of course, one could have embraced the pejorative sense of “Chowderheads” and just dubbed the team the alliterative New England Nimrods, Nincompoops, or Numbskulls.

Any way you cut - pardon, ladle - it, Chowderheads is an idiotic name.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 7:07 PM, Dilbert said:

Team logos have been revealed for the Binghamton Bombers, Charlotte Bootleggers, Hampton Hammerheads, and Trenton Terror of the new Pro Box Lacrosse Association

bombers_370433e2a43.png?_i=AA

Notice the wing on left side (when viewing) being longer than the wing on the right side. Can't imagine that was intentional considering the rest of the plane is equal and straight on.

• Like 1

IEI5Tg1.png

On 9/27/2022 at 11:08 AM, Dilbert said:

Salem Mayhem have been announced as the 8th club for the PBLA.

spacer.png

Be protected from lax mayhem...like me....hahahaha😜

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

12 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

New England Chowderheads logo has been unveiled. At this point it seems the team will be playing at multiple venues throughout New England.

pbla_newengland_chowderheads22-200.png

Disapoint not a Clam.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

The logo's almost better than the name...the Son of Gorton is solid, but the waves around him look cartoonish.  Granted, I have no answers as to how I'd make them less cartoony, so just an observation.

2016cubscreamsig.png

2 hours ago, Discrim said:

The logo's almost better than the name...the Son of Gorton is solid, but the waves around him look cartoonish.  Granted, I have no answers as to how I'd make them less cartoony, so just an observation.

I immediately thought Son of Gorton🤣

The waves are almost unnecessary. They are supposedly playing in multiple New England venues but the only two Ive heard of are Springfield MA (pretty inland for those waves) and Manchester NH , which is almost 40 miles to the ocean.

Signature intentionally left blank

• 4 weeks later...

Full logo sets for the Salem Mayhem, Elmira Renegades, New England Chowderheads, and Syracuse Spark of the new Professional Box Lacrosse Association. The league also announced a new ninth team called the Jim Thorpe All Americans. The team based out of Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania will play a 4 game Origins series at various locations. The leagues championship trophy has also been named after Jim Thorpe.

4VHONEJg.png?_i=AAspark-1_37046184760.png?_i=AA

renegades-1.png?_i=AA

chowderheads-1.png?_i=AA

Signature intentionally left blank

• 3 months later...

bump

Looks like the archers have added orange helmets to their rotation. The other 3 look the same from the 2022  season. Although the Whipsnakes may have added a stripe to the top of their helmets.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Looking at the Chowdaheads again...yeah, still Son of Gorton vibes...not sure the PBLA has any Canadian teams, but if there are, I hereby give the Canadian press permission to call him Highlander Jr.😁

2016cubscreamsig.png

This championship series thing still rubs me the wrong way. 

The NLL changed their schedule to (mostly)be done in time for PLL after years of overlap with the MLL. 

Now PLL is deciding to just run an indoor tournament in the middle of the NLL season?

I admit, despite trying to get into it  (especially when the Toronto/Hamilton Nationals were a thing in MLL), I'm not much of an outdoor fan (despite being a very big NLL and MSL fan) so maybe I'm missing something but it still feels like these 2 were getting along nicely and then this came to be.

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

8 hours ago, Jer15 said:

This championship series thing still rubs me the wrong way. 

The NLL changed their schedule to (mostly)be done in time for PLL after years of overlap with the MLL. 

Now PLL is deciding to just run an indoor tournament in the middle of the NLL season?

I admit, despite trying to get into it  (especially when the Toronto/Hamilton Nationals were a thing in MLL), I'm not much of an outdoor fan (despite being a very big NLL and MSL fan) so maybe I'm missing something but it still feels like these 2 were getting along nicely and then this came to be.

It's how things are now.

Chase the dollar and forget about the sport or sports intrests.

They would of been better to approach the NLL and try and put at least one PLL All Star team into the NLL

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

So is the PLL going to have two different sets of uniforms for the regular season and team that play in the championship series? That's odd & seems like an unnecessary expense. With that said I'm watching the first game right now.

Adding drop shadows to Atlas' numbers is an improvement. If you're team is going to have both light colored jerseys and numbers a dark drop shadow is necessary IMO. Or atleast a thick regular outline lol. Not a fan of the rest of the changes in the Atlas CS uniform. Would love to see those drop shadows become part of their regular season uniforms.

Good to see the Whipsnakes in white uniforms again! Especially since they finally smartened up and put red numbers on the jerseys. Cool stripe pattern on the sleeve cuffs and the shorts. Would like to see a red version of these in the future.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, tigers said:

They would of been better to approach the NLL and try and put at least one PLL All Star team into the NLL

Most NLL players play in PLL. Wouldn't work. They're on NLL teams already

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)