Professional Lacrosse Changes

Jer15

6 minutes ago, QCS said:

I don't know, I don't watch it. I'm sure you could find answers to these questions if you google it.

Ok.

Is it SFW?

Just in case i blow up our server.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Had heard somewhere that the PLL's operator had said that they could become a city-based league in the near future...if that's the case, which cities would you put their teams in?

• Like 2

bYhYmxh.png

3 minutes ago, Burmy said:

Had heard somewhere that the PLL's operator had said that they could become a city-based league in the near future...if that's the case, which cities would you put their teams in?

Cannons back to Boston?

1 hour ago, QCS said:

Do they draw decent crowds?

Are the games on at seperate time slots?

Do they televise it?

1. Depends week to week. Some cities draw better than others. Things like major youth lacrosse tournaments in the area have been said to effect attendance. In addition to that, they're still dealing with COVID restrictions in some states.
  2. The games are at separate times. This season with 8 teams they've decided to have 5 games per weekend. A Friday night game, 2  games on Saturday & 2 games on Sunday. The Sunday games feature the 2 teams from Friday night's game against different opponents. For example this past weekend, the Friday night game was the  Whipsnakes vs Atlas. On Sunday (today) the Whipsnakes played Chrome, while Atlas played the Cannons
  3. The Premier Lacrosse League has a broadcasting deal with NBC Sports. Their games air on NBC and NBC Sports Network, and streamed on Peacock.

Like someone else already mentioned, recently  one of the league execs has publicly stated that the league will transition to a traditional city based model at some point. With Lacrosse being primarily popular in the northeast states and the  Denver area, the PLL adopted a tour based model as a way to bring high level lacrosse to others parts of the country as well.

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, tigers said:

Cannons back to Boston?

Robert Kraft recently became an investor in the league, so one could easily assume that whenever the PLL is ready to switch o the city based model that the Cannons will wind up back in Boston. Although I personally think we'll see them become the New England Cannons joining the Kraft sports family along with the Patriots and Revolution

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Robert Kraft recently became an investor in the league, so one could easily assume that whenever the PLL is ready to switch o the city based model that the Cannons will wind up back in Boston. Although I personally think we'll see them become the New England Cannons joining the Kraft sports family along with the Patriots and Revolution

It'd be interesting if other NFL, MLS or Baseball would take up a team to utilise in their area the same way you have suggested that the Patriots could do.

Imagine Dallas Atlas, Las Vegas Chaos or Miami Chrome in areas that aren't Lacrosse areas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

…don’t forget the Boston Uprising (Kraft’s e-sports team).  Cannons have high brand equity in the Boston area, but could go either New England or Boston Cannons

Some interesting  developments are happening with the Albany FireWolves and trademarks. So the logo they revealed back in April has now been abandoned and it shows up as “abandoned-express”.  They recently filed another logo. I wonder who filed a claim against them to not use the original logo.

Here is the link to the “new” logo.

https://trademarks.justia.com/907/87/albany-firewolves-lacrosse-90787383.html

Here is the link the the “old” logo.

https://trademarks.justia.com/906/60/albany-90660847.html

• Like 1

I will say this is a definite upgrade over the old one.

md20210702-61695.jpg

"Prompted in part by feedback from a variety of important stakeholders, we decided to redesign our logo prior to hitting the turf for our inaugural season. We are excited about our newest logo design as it brings more versatility and options to the many marketing and community relations initiatives we are planning," said George Manias, President of the FireWolves.

Signature intentionally left blank

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

"Prompted in part by feedback from a variety of important stakeholders, we decided to redesign our logo prior to hitting the turf for our inaugural season. We are excited about our newest logo design as it brings more versatility and options to the many marketing and community relations initiatives we are planning," said George Manias, President of the FireWolves.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:21 AM, monkeypower said:

Or maybe they realized how bad the original logo was.

IbjBaeE.png

Still not good but better

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

This is a very interesting case. The FireWolves posted this photo on June 24th, before the logo change was announced. The wordmark on the shirts is the new one, but all the rest of their branding from this event and online was the old stuff. It seems that this change was subtly in the works before this.

E4vD5RiX0AAFoEa?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 9:03 AM, me4afl said:

Some interesting  developments are happening with the Albany FireWolves and trademarks. So the logo they revealed back in April has now been abandoned and it shows up as “abandoned-express”.  They recently filed another logo. I wonder who filed a claim against them to not use the original logo.

Here is the link to the “new” logo.

https://trademarks.justia.com/907/87/albany-firewolves-lacrosse-90787383.html

Here is the link the the “old” logo.

https://trademarks.justia.com/906/60/albany-90660847.html

It sounds like Stony Brook may have been the ones to file the claim: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Albany-FireWolves-change-logo-before-first-game-16290367.php.

I just noticed the change today, and I follow the NLL pretty closely. Weird that there was no formal announcement by the league or team when it happened.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

On 7/3/2021 at 11:36 PM, nash61 said:

This is a very interesting case. The FireWolves posted this photo on June 24th, before the logo change was announced. The wordmark on the shirts is the new one, but all the rest of their branding from this event and online was the old stuff. It seems that this change was subtly in the works before this.

E4vD5RiX0AAFoEa?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Probably a good choice releasing it the way they did.

• 4 weeks later...

Panther City Lacrosse Club unveiled their new jerseys

ff_4420649-2538cf26ab4196bd95e6alt1_full

ff_4420648-234dfe4a88f69b6a9a25alt1_full

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not bad. 

I kind of like that the top thin line is in the shape of the top of their logo. 

It's small enough of a detail that it isn't dominating the whole uniform. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 8/11/2021 at 9:29 PM, nash61 said:

Panther City Lacrosse Club unveiled their new jerseys

ff_4420649-2538cf26ab4196bd95e6alt1_full

ff_4420648-234dfe4a88f69b6a9a25alt1_full

The one and only problem I have with this is the Stockyards Coliseum motif, and it's the only problem I've had with this identity since it was revealed... well, other than not going with "Fort Worth". 

People will see it and think San Antonio, not Fort Worth.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg