European Super League

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And another tidbit: one of the “super league” club owners is considering putting their club for sale. Rumors are saying it might Liverpool, but it sounds like it’s definitely one of the English six. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

8 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

And another tidbit: one of the “super league” club owners is considering putting their club for sale. Rumors are saying it might Liverpool, but it sounds like it’s definitely one of the English six. 

Where did you read this and is it Arsenal

What a damn shame. A chance for the clubs that are directly responsible for the enormous global popularity of football to actually take control, defeated by mobs of braying fools.

Of course, this is far from the first time that the masses have acted against their own interests. But it is lamentable, nevertheless. Every one of these pitchfork-and-torch-wielders has forever lost the right to complain about UEFA and FIFA.

The big clubs will now just have to stick to making their leagues better (as they have been doing for decades, to the benefits of fans). Toppling UEFA will have to wait for another day.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

I don't know where he got it from, but I saw this when I was looking this up a little bit ago...

I don't know anything about the source, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

8 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

What a damn shame. A chance for the clubs that are directly responsible for the enormous global popularity of football to actually take control, defeated by mobs of braying fools.

Of course, this is far from the first time that the masses have acted against their own interests. But it is lamentable, nevertheless. Every one of these pitchfork-and-torch-wielders has forever lost the right to complain about UEFA and FIFA.

The big clubs will now just have to stick to making their leagues better (as they have been doing for decades, to the benefits of fans). Toppling UEFA will have to wait for another day.

I honestly don't know if you're a work or a head injury, but I'm so glad you're on this board. You're the Armond White movie review of sports opinions.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

22 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Lmao. I got it from Twitter, from a verified British reporter. Though I’m struggling to find it.

Though now people are suggesting it might be the Glazers selling Man U. No one really knows though. 

all of the lads who build fake news Twitter accounts to try to catch people offguard for retweets are having a field day with this one, so I’d be generally very wary of any news you see that’s not on a major website on this right now.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

46 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Sorry but it's a hard disagree on this one.

FIFA and UEFA may be being run awfully by people who are varying degrees of gross but they're built on ideas which are solid and proper. This is a terrible idea from the start which only exists because a bunch of really gross super rich dudes want to get somehow even more wealthy whilst screwing over everyone else.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

26 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Good billionaire???

Name me one GOOD billionaire.

I was being facetious.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Have seen an alarming amount of “why are people siding with UEFA and FIFA on this?????” comments on other mediums. No one is actively rooting for these two awful organizations to succeed - everyone is simply coming together against a worse alternative. 

Also re: FSG potentially selling Liverpool. I’ve pretty much always been pro-FSG since Klopp was hired because once they did that they never really meddled in the club and even if they restricted the transfer budget, they made a good enough decision by hiring Klopp that he was able to develop their bargain buys into superstars. Not to mention that a change in ownership is extremely risky because there is no quicker way to destroy a football club than through a terrible owner. So the idea of FSG, a stable, generally good ownership group with minor annoyances here and there, making way for a potentially much worse option always scared me. 

Now, though? After trying to pull this crap? And not only trying to pull it, but apparently being one of the “ringleaders?” I can’t wait to see them gone. It did always feel slightly icky rooting for LFC knowing that if we won it would benefit the man who owns the Red Sox. 

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Digby said:

all of the lads who build fake news Twitter accounts to try to catch people offguard for retweets are having a field day with this one, so I’d be generally very wary of any news you see that’s not on a major website on this right now.

Yep. I’ve definitely seen those ones, but they’re not too difficult to weed out. 

A Spanish reporter is saying that the 12 teams had a zoom meeting, but that Man City is the only team to officially leave the Super League. Atlético and Barca apparently are staying, Chelsea hasn’t confirmed their departure yet, but has voiced their concerns about the soundness of the league. 

It’s the exact same dilemma as with the Red Sox — finally brought the fans a title...also bled them dry at every title, cried “sustainability” to excuse infuriating moves, even making Klopp face the cameras while saying nothing reflects how they hang everyone out to dry at Fenway every single time. A real deal with the devil. We all think of the rich as soulless and cruel but rarely is it as transparent (ironically by being anti-transparent) as with John Henry.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 minutes ago, Digby said:

It’s the exact same dilemma as with the Red Sox — finally brought the fans a title...also bled them dry at every title, cried “sustainability” to excuse infuriating moves, even making Klopp face the cameras while saying nothing reflects how they hang everyone out to dry at Fenway every single time. A real deal with the devil. We all think of the rich as soulless and cruel but rarely is it as transparent (ironically by being anti-transparent) as with John Henry.

I wondered what Klopp had to say about the Red Sox trading Mookie Betts.... 

I saw, I came, I left.

Liverpool’s players have unanimously released a statement in objection to the league, along with Rashford from Man Utd. 

Don’t know how Liverpool could even think about staying in when their players have publicly stated that do not want to play in that league. 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Lmao. I got it from Twitter, from a verified British reporter. Though I’m struggling to find it.

Though now people are suggesting it might be the Glazers selling Man U. No one really knows though. 

The Glazers were offered double what united was worth by a Chinese outfit a few years back. I don't see them stepping away over this. United fans are even saying they'd rather have someone who may have enabled the killing of a reporter to be in charge. That's a bit steep in my opinion. Of course some of the sports pundits are doubling down on this being the idea of the Americans that everyone else just jumped on board with until the crowds came out against it. That's really annoying, because the English, Spanish, Italians and Russians were just as ready to do this. This is why we make the Imperials speak with an accent in Star Wars. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Glazers were offered double what united was worth by a Chinese outfit a few years back. I don't see them stepping away over this. United fans are even saying they'd rather have someone who may have enabled the killing of a reporter to be in charge. That's a bit steep in my opinion. Of course some of the sports pundits are doubling down on this being the idea of the Americans that everyone else just jumped on board with until the crowds came out against it. That's really annoying, because the English, Spanish, Italians and Russians were just as ready to do this. This is why we make the Imperials speak with an accent in Star Wars. 

Yup, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico, Juventus, Tottenham, Chelsea. Then, there is Inter that is majority owned by Chinese.

Hell, Real's president has the voice in all of this. Is it possible that Americans came up with this? Maybe, it doesn't mean they were solely behind it.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived