Fictional Hockey League logo

neo_prankster

I've been putting this off for too long, but I might do a fictional ice hockey league. I don't have a name for the league or names for any of the teams yet. World Hockey Federation I guess. I dunno, just being silly. Anyways, I thought I'd share a prototype league logo.

Version A:

jmea3Ju.png

Version B:

u791gR1.png

Here's the source for the silhouette:

silhouette-hockey-player-isolated-on-whi

C&C Welcome.

Guest darkpiranha

Nice start.  I'd simplify the silhouette even more.  Any little jaggies can be smoothed out.  Maybe think of some other shapes for the overall logo.  Maybe a rink shape, or maybe the blade of a hockey stick angled up to the left.  

I'd suggest rounding the corners on the right side. Also the silhouette looks odd to me since that's not how someone would actually take a slap shot.

Parayko's slapshot put to the test

Something like this could give you an even better, more dynamic looking silhouette

That's not bad. I'd push the pose even further to be a bit more dynamic. Someone else also pointed this out but there is a bit too much detail in the silhouette, and it makes it look pretty busy. The shape of the badge is unique but it just feels reaaaally odd to me. The red angles draw my eye away from the player and up towards a bunch of nothing.

2 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

That's not bad. I'd push the pose even further to be a bit more dynamic. Someone else also pointed this out but there is a bit too much detail in the silhouette, and it makes it look pretty busy. The shape of the badge is unique but it just feels reaaaally odd to me. The red angles draw my eye away from the player and up towards a bunch of nothing.

How's this?

of1yRSm.png

EvHNzXH.png

C&C Welcome.

Guest darkpiranha

This works for a very NBA/MLB style of league logo.  But what if you take the silhouette, and let it expand outside the confines of the blade?  You'll have to make it a different color than the negative-space white, but I don't think it's a bad thing to distance a bit from the NBA/MLB style.  Making the silhouette bigger will allow you to make the blade a bit thinner and more natural to what an actual stick blade looks like.  You could probably still align the skates with the bottom of the blade.  

Archived