Behold! The Mighty Washington Battle-Ducks! (Washington Football Team)

DCarp1231

I’ll preface this by saying a name like this should never see the light of day in the NFL.

May I present...

The Washington Battle-Ducks

spacer.png

I’m not entirely sold on the duck foot design. I tried to incorporate an abstract “W” as well as a “hidden” Washington monument. After creating this, I discovered that “Ducks” were a form of military vehicle created for WW2

C&C is greatly appreciated!

Other options for the primary logo-

spacer.png

spacer.png

A- The Original. The wide spread ready-for-battle stance.

B- The District Flag inspired. Three “stars” & three “stripes”.

C- The Savage Fowl. A more “prehistoric” approach to the footprint.

D- The Symbol. Hidden “W” for Washington within the footprint.

Overall, I think B & D are the better ones of the options with D gaining the edge in being my person favorite. I honestly think I hit the nail with D’s design.

Props on the original idea for a WFT rebrand first off- just a couple comments of things that stood out to me:

Could you try making an outer stroke on the top logo (under the WBD wordmark) to get rid of those rounded corners?

Of your logos I immediately am drawn to A & C - I think B could even work with the stars fully incorporated as well

A - it looks like you almost have the Washington monument in there- the look stands out as maybe the strongest on it's own since it's clearly a W but also has the weight of a crown

C - I know it's supposed to be a footprint- but what if you tried joining the middle piece together (attach the top snippet) and then maybe pull back the top snips of the outside pair so it sits like mean set of little eyes on top? If that doesn't work there perhaps it might in between the spaces of the W - I'm thinking something very simple like what's in the Falcons logo

D - I like this one too, perhaps it could be used with a football shape since it's not too far off... you could even combine the star/stripe details from the DC flag into the top and bottom elements around the W

Nice job!

On 4/19/2021 at 2:10 AM, Mikedoherty said:

C - I know it's supposed to be a footprint- but what if you tried joining the middle piece together (attach the top snippet) and then maybe pull back the top snips of the outside pair so it sits like mean set of little eyes on top? If that doesn't work there perhaps it might in between the spaces of the W - I'm thinking something very simple like what's in the Falcons logo

Revamped version of Option C-

spacer.png

One could see it as a face, another could see it as a duck diving into battle

C&C appreciated!

23 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Revamped version of Option C-

spacer.png

One could see it as a face, another could see it as a duck diving into battle

C&C appreciated!

Love it man that's mean! I hope you don't mind but I couldn't help myself... just wanted to see what it would look like if you teased the eyes out off the W 🙂spacer.png

1 minute ago, Mikedoherty said:

Love it man that's mean! I hope you don't mind but I couldn't help myself... just wanted to see what it would look like if you teased the eyes out off the W 🙂spacer.png

I thought about doing that, but it felt like it didn’t add much to the overall design.

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

I thought about doing that, but it felt like it didn’t add much to the overall design.

Yeah I agree- the shapes that make up the sides of the W are interesting, it would be cool to see you incorporate that element into the design if you added some jerseys to go with this concept

On 4/21/2021 at 9:29 PM, Mikedoherty said:

No offense, but this version says more “weird aggressive monster” than it does “duck face”

On 4/21/2021 at 9:29 PM, Mikedoherty said:

DECEPTICONS.......ALL HAIL MEGATRON!!!!!!!!!!

PersonDivided-2-1.png

The Duck foot/W possibilities are nearly endless, love it.

The name is totally out of the box and the WW2 equipment tie in is great.

I think what you've come up with so far isn't the best this concept can be. What you've got so far is transformers like, where your concept stylistically would look great is WW2 bomber style. A 40's-50's vibe would be cool.

Archived