canzman

2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

Recommended Posts

Bengals got some new duds and draft is next week. Might as well get this up and running. Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me at least 24 hours from the completion of the game or a uniform announcement to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself and I do have other things going on.
 

2021 Hall Of Fame Game

Steelers vs. Cowboys
N2ssslT.jpgfOXUnc6.jpg

Preseason Week 1 
Preseason Week 2 
Preseason Week 3 

Regular Season Week 1 
Regular Season Week 2 
Regular Season Week 3 
Regular Season Week 4 
Regular Season Week 5 
Regular Season Week 6 
Regular Season Week 7
Regular Season Week 8
Regular Season Week 9 
Regular Season Week 10
Regular Season Week 11 
Regular Season Week 12 
Regular Season Week 13 
Regular Season Week 14
Regular Season Week 15
Regular Season Week 16 
Regular Season Week 17
Regular Season Week 18 
 

Post Season Wild Card Round
Post Season Divisional Round
Post Season Championship Round
Super Bowl LVI
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very early. There isn't much to talk about but I don't mind my boredom being cured.

 

Now that we have 17 games instead of 16, we get to see an extra out of conference match. Those who didn't get the Chiefs vs Packers Super Bowl that they wanted will have that made up for with the game that they meet in 2021. Are there people who still don't like having 17 games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Are there people who still don't like having 17 games?

 

Why wouldn't there be, we haven't even had the season yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

 Are there people who still don't like having 17 games?

 

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in the second half of the 2020 season, we had:

Washington and Minnesota switch primarily to white on white

Philly switch to white over green

Tampa switch to white over pewter

 

Always interesting to see if this kind of stuff carries over to the beginning of the next season. I'd expect it to for the Bucs after their playoff run. The Vikings brought back the purple pants for their season finale, so maybe not for them. The Eagles did this in 2019, though it wasn't til Week 15, and ended up going back to all-white in the beginning of 2020. Washington I think could go either way. I think all of these teams look better in colored pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

So in the second half of the 2020 season, we had:

Washington and Minnesota switch primarily to white on white

Philly switch to white over green

Tampa switch to white over pewter

 

Always interesting to see if this kind of stuff carries over to the beginning of the next season. I'd expect it to for the Bucs after their playoff run. The Vikings brought back the purple pants for their season finale, so maybe not for them. The Eagles did this in 2019, though it wasn't til Week 15, and ended up going back to all-white in the beginning of 2020. Washington I think could go either way. I think all of these teams look better in colored pants

They mostly go all white at the beginning of the seasons to be cooler in the hot months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dont care said:

They mostly go all white at the beginning of the seasons to be cooler in the hot months.

Are you referring to Philly? While that's a possibility, they've also worn all-white in rain, dome games, etc. so it's a little unclear what their philosophy is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Are you referring to Philly? While that's a possibility, they've also worn all-white in rain, dome games, etc. so it's a little unclear what their philosophy is.

Well rain you can’t plan for that. I see the point with domes but honestly it might just be easier on the equipment room to clean and prepare 1 set of pants each week until later in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the Vikings wear white/white for a few road games. 

 

This was a great look against a former NFC Central team. 

 

Bucs 26, Vikings 14: Instant analysis of Tampa Bay's Week 14 win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Vikings broke out the white on white last year against the Bears Zimmer said something that made it sound like it was going to be their night game road look based on conversations he had with Bill Parcells. Wearing it again against Tampa was probably a combination of the Tampa sun + the players loving them. I bet we see them 2 or 3 times again next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, canzman said:

Bengals got some new duds and draft is next week. Might as well get this up and running. Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me at least 24 hours from the completion of the game or a uniform announcement to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself and I do have other things going on.
 

 

I believe it’s probably safe to say that people who frequent this chat forum and for a long period of time appreciate the work and time you spend to post these each and every season on a weekly basis.  I know that I sure do.

 

I for one will be looking forward to seeing your postings each and every week again this upcoming season. 

 

So thanks alot Mr Canzman, on behalf of myself and #BillsMafia, especially us charter members from the AFL years. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VikWings said:

When the Vikings broke out the white on white last year against the Bears Zimmer said something that made it sound like it was going to be their night game road look based on conversations he had with Bill Parcells. Wearing it again against Tampa was probably a combination of the Tampa sun + the players loving them. I bet we see them 2 or 3 times again next year.

 

I’ve come to see it during these changing times of uni’s in the NFL that a team should always wear contrasting pants of their opponent.  Like say if virtually any club plays on the road at Seattle with that navy blue OVERKILL mono look of theirs, then the opposing team should wear light colored pants.  If the Vikings play at GB or Chicago then it’s fine to wear their purple pants but ....... Minnesota badly needs a set of white striped socks to go with those purple pants IMO.

 

The Super Bowl with Steelers vs Packers with both in bright yellow pants was an eyesore to me.  Just once I’d like to see GB wear their color-rush white pants at home with their green jerseys, but ...... with their green socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the schedule release to try and predict the Ravens uniform schedule. Looking back at last year, I got 2 of my 3 guesses right with the black jerseys (1 if I'm more precise as they went black/white vs KC instead of black/purple). Again, I'll keep holding on to hope that they try to wear black/purple again, preferably for a primetime or late afternoon home game in November or December. Same goes for the Color Rush uniform as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in rotation for 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, you're telling me you have a life outside of being the NFL week by week uniform matchup combo guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, slats7 said:

The Cowboys' pants are bluer than that.

Unfortunately. I wish they were that color, it would be a step closer to brand consistency. 
Next would be the blues...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you scroll to the opening post of the thread you will now see I have decided to change the template for 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Washington decided to bring back the white over white for the first time in well over a decade for their Monday Night game against the Steelers (promptly ending the Pittsburgh’s undefeated season), I was ecstatic to say the least. It brought back a lot of good memories of the early 2000s Joe Gibbs led team.

spacer.png

spacer.png


Here’s to hoping they make it the majority default away choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

When Washington decided to bring back the white over white for the first time in well over a decade for their Monday Night game against the Steelers (promptly ending the Pittsburgh’s undefeated season), I was ecstatic to say the least. It brought back a lot of good memories of the early 2000s Joe Gibbs led team.

spacer.png

spacer.png


Here’s to hoping they make it the majority default away choice

I hope they mix it up and keep a balance, white over burgundy is still a solid look. They play 9 away games next season. Ideally they go 4 games with white/white, 4 games with white/burgundy, and 1 game with white/yellow just to mix things up. It should be based on what pants the other teams wear. Also for their home games, I’d like to see 5 in burgundy/white, 1 throwback, 1 all burgundy, and 1 burgundy/yellow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.