2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

10 minutes ago, canzman said:

It is an pretty milestone anniversary season for the 49ers (75 years) and it isn't uncommon for the League to allow exceptions for such things.

Remember in 2009 the league only allowed one alt and or throwback, but allowed all the original AFL teams 2 throwbacks for the 50th anniversary of the AFL. Some team even wore them up to 4 times as well.

Seems like every team that has petitioned the NFL for uniform exception has gotten their wish. While I've been happy about most of them. Cleveland and LA were "bandaids" to fix awful uniform mistakes. I wonder what the NFL uses as it's criteria for exceptions? Must be based on when the requested team is changing uniforms and if it's a throwback during a milestone year.

I'd hope that if a random team like the Cardinals or Bucs tried to wear their Color Rush for half the season, the NFL would shut them down pretty quick. 

Back to 2021 uniform combos. I saw this screenshot floating around:

Can't say I'm a fan of this combo. Those brown pants look great with white jerseys, but seem disconnected with the brown jersey. The lack of white just makes them seem out of place.

Wonder if it means they are ditching the plain brown Color Rush after one season. Hopefully that also means the throwbacks will be worn 3x and be the alternate moving forward with white helmets in 2022.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Can't say I'm a fan of this combo. Those brown pants look great with white jerseys, but seem disconnected with the brown jersey. The lack of white just makes them seem out of place.

Wonder if it means they are ditching the plain brown Color Rush after one season. Hopefully that also means the throwbacks will be worn 3x and be the alternate moving forward with white helmets in 2022.

Bringing back an old combo that wasn't used last season doesn't mean they're ditching the color rush. They won't drop a uniform after only just introducing them for a year. It would be a waste.

14 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Seems like every team that has petitioned the NFL for uniform exception has gotten their wish. While I've been happy about most of them. Cleveland and LA were "bandaids" to fix awful uniform mistakes. I wonder what the NFL uses as it's criteria for exceptions? Must be based on when the requested team is changing uniforms and if it's a throwback during a milestone year.

I'd hope that if a random team like the Cardinals or Bucs tried to wear their Color Rush for half the season, the NFL would shut them down pretty quick. 

Back to 2021 uniform combos. I saw this screenshot floating around:

Why not add a pair of brown pants with orange white orange stripes to wear with this combo? The NFL doesn't cares about pants because they don't sell them. Just do it...

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Well been a while since a fresh post of combos. Camps open is about 2 weeks so might as well post the week one preseason, and give everyone some things to discuss.

Preseason Week 1 (Part 1)
Cowboys @ Cardinals
fOXUnc6.jpg6ZbfIE0.jpg
Washington @ Patriots
uvD4qWw.jpggFBFuGD.jpg

Panthers @ Colts
XhS1ZVZ.jpgu4Qyqt4.jpg

Saints @ Ravens
ka080vE.jpg9cI67FQ.jpg

Seahawks @ Raiders
KpCepRj.jpg

UW3mra9.jpg

Bills @ Lions
mFWbslu.jpg

QGBIhR2.jpg

Dolphins @ Bears
R8aMgE4.jpg

uW7aO3E.jpg

Jets @ Giants
9zd9GRz.jpg

mn5tE4s.jpg

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Why do the Chargers helmets look silver?

Same as all the other white helmet team graphics... Pretty much just the way the shading works on a reflective plastic surface that is being emulated.

The "white" color values on the Chargers helmets are the exact same as those on the Cardinals, Bills, Colts, and Dolphins.

A couple of thoughts…

Chargers rams has way too much yellow

Bears Dolphins looks beautiful

Panthers always mess around with combos in the preseason, wouldn’t be surprised if we saw something different 

Bengals should stick with those black stripe pants, burn the other white ones 

Canzman, I really like the new template and thanks for the awesome work.

I could be off-base with these but here are a couple of notes:

The front-facing central figure of the Bengals uniform has TV numbers.

Is the Jets helmet dark and metallic enough? It looks almost like a solid, while teams like the Bengals that are solid look metallic, almost chrome. This applies to the Chiefs too.

Is the number on the front-facing Jets uni too close to the New York? Is the Jets helmet logo too small?

Should the Bucs helmet logo be larger? Is the Bears helmet C too big? (The Saints helmet logo might a touch big but don’t know for sure.)

I really like what you did with the matte/satin helmets (Falcons, Titans semi-gloss, Seahawks, Vikings). Should the Browns be more matte too?

Just some thoughts and I’m sure you’re the expert! Thanks again.

11 hours ago, sudden said:
The front-facing central figure of the Bengals uniform has TV numbers.

With the perspective view on that uniform due to the way the sleeve and shoulder stripes are I couldn't fit those in and really make it look good. Just looked like undefined white blobs.

Is the Jets helmet dark and metallic enough?
Is the number on the front-facing Jets uni too close to the New York? Is the Jets helmet logo too small?

Best I could do on their style paint and finish. You may have a point on the front facing... I'll try and update that. Logo size on helmet I think is pretty ok.

Should the Bucs helmet logo be larger? 

Remember they reduced the size back down last year when they changed the uniform. The previous set had overly large logo.

Also please consider the following on these:

1. The new template allows me to show the front sides and back consistently for all teams.  With what I did with the previous I had to display things different for the Dolphins compared to the other 31 teams. This makes the same style template for all 32 teams.
  2. This new template also shows everything together more like what they would look like on a player instead of each element floating by itself just near each other.
  3. These are really just to give a sense of the complete combos and what the H2H match ups will look like. While I do my best to be as accurate as possible there may be some slightly off things especially in today's NFL when 90% of a team wear things one way and then you get 10% of the team doing something else especially in terms of the socks.

These look awesome overall. A couple things I caught though:

Ravens, Lions, and Eagles number fonts look a little off.

Maybe scale up the Jets helmet logo and scale down the Bears helmet logo.

Giants pant stripes should all be the same thickness.

But other than that, these are stunning! Can't wait for this season and all the predictions!

2 hours ago, canzman said:
14 hours ago, sudden said:

With the perspective view on that uniform due to the way the sleeve and shoulder stripes are I couldn't fit those in and really make it look good. Just looked like undefined white blobs.

Well you don’t need the TV numbers because the actual uniforms don’t have them. I like your version better, I think TV numbers just look right but as is the trend with Nike they were axed just like with the Chargers and Patriots.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived