2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

It’s cuz it’s thin yellow fabric , so colors underneath bleed through and impact the color. Look at the yellow on the jerseys and helmet. Clearly not green at all. 

I think the yellow on the helmet normally looks fine. Like I said before, I like the digital application of "sol," quite a lot actually, I just don't think it transferred quite well at all to the actual jerseys and pants. If anything, I think the regular athletic gold that the Packers and Steelers wear matches the digital shade better.

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

You'd be right. You're cherry picking. It's not even close to green. I'm done arguing about this. Just cause athletic gold is almost orange doesn't mean Sol is green. It's pure yellow, period. If it looks green it's simply because your screen needs to be adjusted OR because the artificial stadium lighting has a green hue to it

s3tSR4f.png

I'm genuinely unsure how someone could not see that sleeve stripe as borderline vomit green. Meanwhile, the helmet looks a lot better (color-wise), like I said before, so I don't think it can entirely be chalked up to a lighting issue.

I have plenty of other photos that could illustrate this same phenomenon, but I don't want to derail the thread entirely.

I think I should clarify that I don't hate the idea of the Rams using a truer yellow, not at all, I just don't think they've executed it properly, particularly on the blue jersey's sleeve stripes, and on the yellow pants.

27 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

s3tSR4f.png

I'm genuinely unsure how someone could not see that sleeve stripe as borderline vomit green. Meanwhile, the helmet looks a lot better (color-wise), like I said before, so I don't think it can entirely be chalked up to a lighting issue.

Because the sleeve stripe is yellow with a reflective material on parts. So depending on the lighting and at the right angle, the reflection may appear different. Somebody who sees the uniform in action knows that the stripe itself isn't vomit green. Heck, just look at the line to the right of Kupp and the stripe appears yellow. It's 100% a lighting issue. Remove the stupid reflective stuff they put on there and the yellow would appear more consistent under various lighting and angles. 

4 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Because the sleeve stripe is yellow with a reflective material on parts. So depending on the lighting and at the right angle, the reflection may appear different. Somebody who sees the uniform in action knows that the stripe itself isn't vomit green. Heck, just look at the line to the right of Kupp and the stripe appears yellow. It's 100% a lighting issue. Remove the stupid reflective stuff they put on there and the yellow would appear more consistent under various lighting and angles. 

Removing the reflective material (on the stripes & numbers) would definitely go a long way to improving this set. It really cheapens how things look so much

I still don’t think that explains the pants, though. The athletic gold pants never really had that sort of problem.

6 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Removing the reflective material (on the stripes & numbers) would definitely go a long way to improving this set. It really cheapens how things look so much

I still don’t think that explains the pants, though. The athletic gold pants never really had that sort of problem.

Preach it.

I mean, I do with wish the pants were a little richer. There should be a way to get a better version of it without going full cheddar like Packers/Steelers. I'd hope so anyway.

You realize this is what sol is *supposed* to look like, right?

1-F9-E02-F9-9-D91-4583-B6-DC-1-EC611950-
0-ACFF7-CA-E521-4-B04-9759-74-A8871-D9-E

520-F764-C-DF20-4497-BF65-C9-F8-ED452183

Aint it funny how “sol” looks perfectly fine basking in its namesake? Iirc these are the only times it’s been used in direct sunlight, and I thought all of these games looked excellent. The problem is that Sofi Stadium uses those light diffusing membranes for their roof instead of glass like US Bank Stadium, so instead they’re cast with the Walmart version of “sunlight” and look really cold and dull as a result. More lemonade than cheese. It’s just ironic and a shame that rich sunlight is so iconic to SoCal that they name a color after it, yet they wash it out completely in their stadium design. The stadium itself could be the biggest flaw in the Rams recent uniforms. To think that if they weren’t so dead set on coordinating the stadium and uniform debuts, we could have had a year of seeing the Rams play in these at the Coliseum. Football has never looked bad there.

4 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

It’s cuz it’s thin yellow fabric , so colors underneath bleed through and impact the color. Look at the yellow on the jerseys and helmet. Clearly not green at all. 

Also, this. The players are literally wearing bright blue tights under a thin yellow fabric (as opposed to dark green or black) and our good friend The Color Wheel says that is the exact recipe for green. Ouch.

6 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

Aint it funny how “sol” looks perfectly fine basking in its namesake? Iirc these are the only times it’s been used in direct sunlight, and I thought all of these games looked excellent. The problem is that Sofi Stadium uses those light diffusing membranes for their roof instead of glass like US Bank Stadium, so instead they’re cast with the Walmart version of “sunlight” and look really cold and dull as a result. More lemonade than cheese. It’s just ironic and a shame that rich sunlight is so iconic to SoCal that they name a color after it, yet they wash it out completely in their stadium design. The stadium itself could be the biggest flaw in the Rams recent uniforms. To think that if they weren’t so dead set on coordinating the stadium and uniform debuts, we could have had a year of seeing the Rams play in these at the Coliseum. Football has never looked bad there.

Also, this. The players are literally wearing bright blue tights under a thin yellow fabric (as opposed to dark green or black) and our good friend The Color Wheel says that is the exact recipe for green. Ouch.

Perfectly explained and it shows how gorgeous and vibrant Sol looks under ideal conditions. Still looks good to me in less than ideal conditions but whatever I've derailed the thread enough

My sincere apologies to everyone lol

9 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

General comment on Indoor Stadiums, it seemed like the Vikings hit the nail on the head when they had an indoor stadium that let sun sunlight in. I think sofi does a good job to a decent extent as well but Allegiant stadium seems more "Metrodome" like than the other two. Why not just follow the US Bank Stadium Idea?

Archived