2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

4 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

I hope they mix it up and keep a balance, white over burgundy is still a solid look. They play 9 away games next season. Ideally they go 4 games with white/white, 4 games with white/burgundy, and 1 game with white/yellow just to mix things up. It should be based on what pants the other teams wear. Also for their home games, I’d like to see 5 in burgundy/white, 1 throwback, 1 all burgundy, and 1 burgundy/yellow 

Thankfully, they don’t have the gold pants in the closet anymore. Threw ‘em out after the 2017-18 season.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Thankfully, they don’t have the gold pants in the closet anymore. Threw ‘em out after the 2017-18 season.

I loved the gold pants and would rather see them on the field instead of the white pants. Because we all know it is a matter of time for them to dump the burgondy socks and go with white socks which will look horrible. 

spacer.png

20 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Probably nothing, but still awkward to use pants that haven't been worn since 2017.

Cleveland Browns - List of Undrafted Free Agents Reportedly Signed - Dawgs  By Nature

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Shame, because gold pants are pretty much always a great look. Packers, Chargers, Steelers, and Rams (well, they used to) have all shown how good gold pants look. Washington should bring them back.

the user formerly known as cdclt

16 minutes ago, QCS said:

Shame, because gold pants are pretty much always a great look. Packers, Chargers, Steelers, and Rams (well, they used to) have all shown how good gold pants look. Washington should bring them back.

49ers and Saints too.

Just now, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

49ers and Saints too.

True, although their metallic gold is different from the athletic gold the other teams use. I'd like their pants more if they were actually metallic and not khaki like they are now.

I get that an unofficially official nickname of Washington is the “Burgundy & Gold’, but there’s no need for the gold pants and the team itself saved up from the all gold mess in 2017

spacer.png

Aesthetically, Washington doesn’t need to push the gold to the forefront like Green Bay or Pittsburgh. It’s a fine secondary color, but not a good Primary B color for them. 

This...

redskins-yellow-pants-kerrigan.jpg

Looks better than this.

6208a036-b365-4d26-86e5-464871ffeba6-USP_NFL__Philadelphia_Eagles_at_Washington_Footbal.jpg?crop=3262,1835,x1,y157&width=3200&height=1801&format=pjpg&auto=webp

And I say that as someone whose preferred football combo is usually Color/Color/White/Color. That pop of gold is incredible.

4 minutes ago, QCS said:

This...

redskins-yellow-pants-kerrigan.jpg

Looks better than this.

6208a036-b365-4d26-86e5-464871ffeba6-USP_NFL__Philadelphia_Eagles_at_Washington_Footbal.jpg?crop=3262,1835,x1,y157&width=3200&height=1801&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Not really. I don’t really care for the striped burgundy socks either. In the first picture, Washington has 4 different stripe patterns. The bottom picture sees Washington using one cohesive striping pattern

I’d honestly rank this look above anything with the gold pants

spacer.png

I think that throwback (or, fauxback) look for The Washington D.C. Football Club of Landover, MD is one of the worst throwback sets in the league. None of the gold/tan/khaki/beige colors match.

33 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I think that throwback (or, fauxback) look for The Washington D.C. Football Club of Landover, MD is one of the worst throwback sets in the league. None of the gold/tan/khaki/beige colors match.

They aren’t meant to. The pants are mimicking what was worn at the time. The gold numbers is what the uniform had back then. It’s a throwback for a reason and they aren’t going to change anything about it for the sake of matching colors.

11 hours ago, DNAsports said:

They aren’t meant to. The pants are mimicking what was worn at the time. The gold numbers is what the uniform had back then. It’s a throwback for a reason and they aren’t going to change anything about it for the sake of matching colors.

Just because it is what was worn doesn’t mean it doesn’t look bad that none of them match

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

Just because it is what was worn doesn’t mean it doesn’t look bad that none of them match

Its the simple fact that it’s gold numbers and beige/tan pants. They don’t have to match because of what the entire uniform is supposed to be.

The reason I like the throwbacks and the current decision by Washington to only use burgundy and white pants is because with an over abundance of teams with athletic gold pants, it’s refreshing to see one of those teams drop the pants completely.

Look at what the Steelers can do and have done-

spacer.png

As well as Green Bay (preferably with green socks)-

spacer.png

Teams can explore different options and still hold onto the intended traditional look. For example, Washington.

To me, Washington has always been and always should be a burgundy/white pants team. Considering the current and prior look, the gold pants are out of place and an eyesore.

48 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

2?

Green Bay and Pittsburgh were two examples. Chargers and Rams (technically) as well.

If Washington hadn’t of dropped them, that would make five in the current landscape. Also, there’s nothing legitimately stopping Minnesota or Kansas City from adding athletic gold pants either (for the record, I know they won’t and hope they never do). Which, brings up a point of Minnesota, Kansas City and Washington doing the same thing. Athletic gold is an accessible official team color, they just choose not to shove it in our faces for a good reason. It’s not needed.

Idk man, this looks pretty good to me...

1315515420.0.jpg

I'll agree that the sock stripes are a little much, but with the solid-color socks, this is easily the best WFT look that they could wear right now. I don't see how having gold pants (the team's secondary color, included in their famous nickname) is "shoving it in our faces" anymore than having white pants is "shoving white in our faces". As for WFT being too similar to all... three teams that wear athletic gold pants, a lot more teams wear white pants. Looking at Gridiron Uniform Database, the color blocking of Color/Color/Gold/Color (which is what WFT would wear with gold pants) was worn by only two teams - Pittsburgh and the Rams. Color/White/Gold/Color was worn by... Pittsburgh and the Rams. The other teams that wear gold pants either have a gold helmet (Green Bay) or a white helmet (Chargers). If anything, the gold pants would distinguish WFT because they'd look a little less like the Chiefs with the red helmet, red jersey, white pants, red socks setup (although I am well aware the shades of red are very different).

You don't like the gold pants. That's fine! We all have different tastes. But saying that gold pants would shove the color in the fans' faces or that there's an over abundance of teams with gold pants (as opposed to white pants, of which 26 teams have at least one, not counting the Rams or multiple pairs of white pants) is, in my opinion, kind of ridiculous.

Edit: I decided to count it out, and there are 31 different pairs of white pants that were used by teams last season (32 if you count the bone pants the Rams used). Cincinnati, Denver, Miami, New Orleans, and the Giants had doubles.

20 minutes ago, QCS said:

(cut for space)

I do think the reason I’m not necessarily a big fan of the gold pants is because I believe it works better if the team had a gold helmet to match.

Like so,

spacer.png

Understandably, it goes against my “in your face” stance, but doing this gives some credence to correct color balancing.

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I do think the reason I’m not necessarily a big fan of the gold pants is because I believe it works better if the team had a gold helmet to match.

Like so,

spacer.png

Understandably, it goes against my “in your face” stance, but doing this gives some credence to correct color balancing.

Funnily enough, I disagree. I don't really like the gold helmets here, this does like too much gold to me. A red helmet would be balanced better imo.

Archived