2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

5 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I used to think they should make that change to match the helmet, but now that I've seen it that looks really weird (and not at all like I'd envisioned). Proves that consistency isn't always the best look.

Just double stripe the helmet like the old school Jets and consistency will prove itself once again! Also, bring back the blue face mask — tradition be damned in this case!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a decent chance the Ravens wear black next week.  They don't wear black for ever primetime home game but against a big opponent like the Chiefs, I think it's a real possibility.

spacer.png

I fully expect Washington to be in white on white. I think that was the point of them choosing white for this game.

Could the Titans finally bring back the white over baby blue look against a navy-heavy team? I think that embarrassing home loss in white/navy could potentially inspire them to switch things up, but I doubt it.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I fully expect Washington to be in white on white. I think that was the point of them choosing white for this game.

Pretty sure they'll go with the traditional white-on-burgandy, especially against an NFC East rival. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Some quick thoughts about the matchups from yesterday:

• The Jaguars wore their best possible combo with the teal jersey, black pants, and teal socks.

• The Bengals uniforms turned out to be a little underwhelming compared to the uniform release. When they wear all-white, there really isn’t enough orange below the helmet. Looking retroactively, I would probably have gone with a tiger stripe panel similar to the team’s 80’s-90’s uniforms.

• The Saints look so much better with gold pants as opposed to black or white.

• 49ers vs. Lions was a pretty perfect contrasting matchup of red & gold against blue & silver.

I didn’t catch much of the game, but the Steelers seem to now be wearing all-black socks, with no white at the bottom, which I think is a huge improvement.

The Rams looked the best they have since unveiling their new set. The issues are still there, such as the disjointed helmet horn and the rubber-y numbers. But I think the Sunday Night Football cameras helped a lot, particularly with the shade of yellow.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

They've only done this in dome stadiums though since the uni change in 2018.

Tennessee has done it with the previous uniform set. Games in the outdoor. They wore all white at CIN and IND in 2014. The IND game was with the roof open at Lucas Oil Stadium. They also wore all white at the New York Jets in 2015.

This year they'll have the Jets and Patriots, for other artificial surface games not in their division.

13 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Gonna guess Washington in all white, Rams in all bone, Titans in all white, and Ravens in purple jerseys and black pants

Inspired by your avatar --  Any talk of the 'Hawks using a Wolf Grey helmet to have a modern version of those classic threads?  (Wolf grey in lieu of old silver on helmet and pants that is)

43 minutes ago, Sport said:

QCIDVNXQPFCJ5IAA5OYI64FAOE.jpg

This is my favorite combination for the Jags. 

I personally like white socks even better, but yeah the teal/black combo is clearly their best jersey/pant combo.  So glad they decided to make it the official home jersey. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Est1980 said:

Inspired by your avatar --  Any talk of the 'Hawks using a Wolf Grey helmet to have a modern version of those classic threads?  (Wolf grey in lieu of old silver on helmet and pants that is)

I don't think that's what would happen. If there's a grey helmet it would be for a real throwback but I'm guessing that won't happen until 2023 at the earliest and even then they already have 4 jerseys so I don't know if they will be allowed to have 5. Most Seahawks fans are definitely in favor of having a throwback uniform though.

7 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Some quick thoughts about the matchups from yesterday:

• The Jaguars wore their best possible combo with the teal jersey, black pants, and teal socks.

3 hours ago, Sport said:

QCIDVNXQPFCJ5IAA5OYI64FAOE.jpg

This is my favorite combination for the Jags. 

Mine too, but it really needs the white bottom on the socks.  Colored pants with colored full-length sox just doesn't work for me - especially if the socks are the same color as the jersey.  It looks like a teal body suit that he threw some black biker shorts on top of.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Mine too, but it really needs the white bottom on the socks.  Colored pants with colored full-length sox just doesn't work for me - especially if the socks are the same color as the jersey.  It looks like a teal body suit that he threw some black biker shorts on top of.

Look around for other photos of the game and I'm sure you'll find players wearing their white cover socks that way. Plus about 10 other sock combinations. There's a little something for everyone in games these days. Except people who like uniformity, I guess

Archived