2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

1 minute ago, GoHawks said:

I think the gold pants are done for now. I'm personally fine with them wearing white/white for primetime games and it's definitely better than burgundy/burgundy.

But that's not the only other alternative.  Even if the gold pants are done, and if you don't like the monochrome, there's still two other options that are better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BBTV said:

But that's not the only other alternative.  Even if the gold pants are done, and if you don't like the monochrome, there's still two other options that are better.

Eh, gonna have to disagree.

white jersey/white pants/solid burgundy socks is the best option they have.

13 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Jets have gone through a lot of looks in their time, and this one is the worst.

Worst branding in the NFL.  Sad stuff.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

25 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Looking good...

At first I thought they were going all-gray and was momentarily horrified.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The all white uniform for Washington is neat. It looks better than I remembered it.

So the Jets return to white as the home opener now? Green socks would make the all white combo great.

I hope the Chargers wear the yellow pants for the week 2 game. But the game will look great either way with the all white or white over yellow.

The Browns will have worn that exact combo the four straight times Houston has visited (2008, 2014, 2020). Would’ve liked to see the orange pants for a change. Or maybe use the throwback this game rather than against the Bears who come to town once every 8 years.

Falcons will have worn the black over white look just twice in 18 regular season games, both against the Bucs.

4 hours ago, CS85 said:

The Jets have gone through a lot of looks in their time, and this one is the worst.

Worst branding in the NFL.  Sad stuff.

Eh, I’d say Atlanta has that crown currently.

19 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Their all black uni makes them look like a D2 college team

I’ve thought their black uniform was the better third of their rebrand. I just wish they’d mix and match it with the green and white uniforms.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Eh, I’d say Atlanta has that crown currently.

I’d say the rams look worse. Atlanta at least has consistent branding across the board.

Honestly the NFL looks better now than it has in recent memory. The browns, bucs, colts, jags, lions, bengals, and chargers all look better now than they did in 2017, while I would argue that only the rams, jets, and titans look worse now versus four years ago. (I’m indifferent on Atlanta and New England’s redesigns compared to their previous uniforms) 

Minus the fact that white socks being worn with white pants is gaining inexplicable popularity, and a few bad identities, (cardinals, Titans, jets, falcons, rams) the aesthetic state of the nfl is pretty good right now.

29 minutes ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I’d say the rams look worse. Atlanta at least has consistent branding across the board.

Honestly the NFL looks better now than it has in recent memory. The browns, bucs, colts, jags, lions, bengals, and chargers all look better now than they did in 2017, while I would argue that only the rams, jets, and titans look worse now versus four years ago. (I’m indifferent on Atlanta and New England’s redesigns compared to their previous uniforms) 

Minus the fact that white socks being worn with white pants is gaining inexplicable popularity, and a few bad identities, (cardinals, Titans, jets, falcons, rams) the aesthetic state of the nfl is pretty good right now.

The Lions uniform in 2017 was the same as it is now. In fact, that was the first year of their current uniforms. I don't mind the Jets now. I like their current uniforms actually. They needed a new identity. 

Some teams are still very bland. Others have gotten stale. I thought the Broncos orange and Eagles midnight green looked better during the Reebok era than in Nike.

10 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Some teams are still very bland. Others have gotten stale. I thought the Broncos orange and Eagles midnight green looked better during the Reebok era than in Nike.

That’s fair. I agree that teams like the Broncos, Eagles, and Patriots are a little bland. However bland is better than the gaudy garbage the Browns, Jags, Bengals, and Bucs were wearing just a few years ago. I prefer the the bland uniforms a team like the Jags or Saints wear as opposed to the over-designed uniforms the Cardinals, Rams, or Titans wear. I’m just pointing out that there are fewer gaudy looks now then there were 5 years ago.

Even with one pants option, the Patriots look better now than they did from 2001-19. The old set screamed “How horrible can we make this uniform look?” while the new one takes inspiration from a previous New England set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here’s to hoping the eventually get some grey/silver pants 

NFL branding kind of feels bad across the board, tbh. Or at least uninspired.

The Pats look half baked. The

Chargers look good in retouched press photos but not in person. The Falcons and Jets look collegiate. Detroit hasn't looked good since the late 90s. I personally like the Rams, but I recognize I'm the minority.

Where the NFL does well is returning to classic looks. Their modern stuff just feels bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Even with one pants option, the Patriots look better now than they did from 2001-19. The old set screamed “How horrible can we make this uniform look?” while the new one takes inspiration from a previous New England set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here’s to hoping the eventually get some grey/silver pants 

Can't think of a more half-assed uniform redesign in any sport.

Archived