2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Prior to yesterday against KC, they had a few purple games in primetime. Their game against the Patriots in 2012 was purple jersey. Their game against the Seahawks in 2015 was primetime but it got flexed out. A couple of Steelers home game games in 2009 and 2010.

See, it’s been nearly a decade. 2012 was the last time.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Detroit is wearing solid white pants with solid white socks tonight. This madness needs to end. This is ridiculous.

Might be the worst offenders yet considering that they just came out with this lame attempt with out of nowhere solid white pants. This is simply awful.

38 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

An it looks like a white facemask too according to the tweet. I'm so disappointed.

Jury out on that... the stylized render in the tweet might be making those chrome like facemask look white. Have to wait for game time to know for sure.

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Might be the worst offenders yet considering that they just came out with this lame attempt with out of nowhere solid white pants. This is simply awful.

This is basically exactly what the Saints did in 2019. And the scary part is that white is so neutral that literally any team can do it if they feel like it.

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Detroit is wearing solid white pants with solid white socks tonight. This madness needs to end. This is ridiculous.

Well, it's better than the all gray color rush, as little as that is saying. But yeah, monochrome rarely looks good, and white jersey over the blue pants might be my favorite Lions look right now, so this is pretty disappointing.

I think the Jaguars and Titans are still in their WAH period. Tennessee does it up to early October.  Unless it's a late game, Jacksonville doesn't go to teal until early-mid October.

Buffalo wore white against the Rams on the 27th of September last year. I'm willing to bet they'll do the same against Washington on the 26th.

I expect many teams who have worn the same color of pants for 2 weeks  to change for week 3. 

2 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

90% of the responses to the tweet are positive too. After the BFBS era we had a few good years of teams reverting to classic bright colors. That was nice. Welcome to the WFWS era. 

I'd say we're in the monochrome era. Most fans love it when their teams wear their Color Rush set. All-white is just the easiest and most common occurrence because everyone has a white jersey and most have white pants.

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

Well, it's better than the all gray color rush, as little as that is saying. But yeah, monochrome rarely looks good, and white jersey over the blue pants might be my favorite Lions look right now, so this is pretty disappointing.

Same. No team in the league seems to own the light blue pant look. Titans obviously refuse, Chargers didn't even make powder pants, and the Lions seemed to last season for the most part, but now a third set of pants is in the mix.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Same. No team in the league seems to own the light blue pant look. Titans obviously refuse, Chargers didn't even make powder pants, and the Lions seemed to last season for the most part, but now a third set of pants is in the mix.

The lions have 4 sets of pants now actually, silver, blue, dark grey (color rush), and now white.

Archived