2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

16 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Because it can be better.

With all due respect, the brown pants, metaphorically and physically look like :censored: compared to the orange pants.

This is visually more pleasing 

spacer.png

than this

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The orange/red clash wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but I'd still prefer white over white. I love the orange pants as much as the next guy, but I wish white would still be the primary and save the orange for a couple games a year where they really look awesome (like against the Steelers and Ravens). The brown pants are...fine...there's just never a single situation where I'd prefer them over white or orange.

55 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

With all due respect, the brown pants, metaphorically and physically look like :censored: compared to the orange pants.

This is visually more pleasing 

spacer.png

than this

spacer.png

spacer.png

Fair point, but with the constant movement, the red and orange tend to blend together. It’s not terrible, and this matchup is definitely eye-popping, but I think this is the one occasion where brown pants are ok.
To each his own, I guess

19 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

The orange/red clash wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but I'd still prefer white over white. I love the orange pants as much as the next guy, but I wish white would still be the primary and save the orange for a couple games a year where they really look awesome (like against the Steelers and Ravens). The brown pants are...fine...there's just never a single situation where I'd prefer them over white or orange.

There’s always the same discussion almost every year, but the Browns really aren’t obligated to have brown pants. Hell,  in the ~75 year history of the team, they never bothered to add the brown pants to the rotation until 2008

Browns really don't need the brown pants at all to me. Using the Chiefs example, white over orange doesn't look that bad, while white on white would be a bit better. White on brown sticks out like a sore thumb, no need to ever pull them out in most situations. Brown pants are clearly the worst pants in the set, and they don't really serve a purpose when both orange and white suffice in pretty much every situation I can think of.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

20 hours ago, bbush24 said:

My week 1 dream scenario (assuming no throwbacks).

spacer.png

Some of these are stunning (but unlikely)

The ones that I think have a realistic shot are:

DAL TB

LAC WAS

SEA IND

SF DET

DEN NYG

MIA NE

CHI LAR

BAL LV

Cardinals Titans will end up being red/white vs. white/navy. Hideous. Schedule makers kinda ruined that one..

Same with Jets Panthers. That'll be green white vs. white/white.

Bills will likely be in all white, avoiding blue vs. Pittsburgh for the second straight season.

Eagles likely gonna bring back the white pants as usual to start the season, as sad as that reality is.

15 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Some of these are stunning (but unlikely)

The ones that I think have a realistic shot are:

DAL TB

LAC WAS

SEA IND

SF DET

DEN NYG

MIA NE

CHI LAR

BAL LV

Cardinals Titans will end up being red/white vs. white/navy. Hideous. Schedule makers kinda ruined that one..

Same with Jets Panthers. That'll be green white vs. white/white.

Bills will likely be in all white, avoiding blue vs. Pittsburgh for the second straight season.

Eagles likely gonna bring back the white pants as usual to start the season, as sad as that reality is.

The Jets gotham green vs the Panthers all white is going to be great. Both of these teams made changes to their uniforms in 2019. The Jets with the overhaul redesign, and the Panthers modifying their uniform.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

The Jets gotham green vs the Panthers all white is going to be great. Both of these teams made changes to their uniforms in 2019. The Jets with the overhaul redesign, and the Panthers modifying their uniform.

Panthers in blue over white vs jets in white over green would be a beautiful color clash. But panthers will probably save the blue jerseys for the Saints, Cowboys or Eagles games.

9 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Panthers in blue over white vs jets in white over green would be a beautiful color clash. But panthers will probably save the blue jerseys for the Saints, Cowboys or Eagles games.

I think Carolina will still wear white for the Saints game in September, it will still be hot. The Eagles game is tricky knowing. Carolina wore white at home against the Bears on October the 10th in 2010. In 2019 the Panthers wore the alternate blue against Jacksonville in early October. I think it ultimately comes down to how much management or the marketing department wants to show the black jerseys to the home fans. They'll want them to see the black jerseys as much as possible for the cause of jersey sales. Wearing them for only 3 times is too little, and the last time the team did that was in 2011. So I think the Panthers will wear the alternate blue for the Eagles and Vikings games. When Carolina wears the alternate blues at home they usually get them out of the way as early as possible when the weather is still warm. The Panthers go to the blacks once it gets to the time of the season where it is cool enough. I think they will wear the blue tops over black pants at Dallas like they did last year when visiting the Chargers.

IMO when it comes to the Cleveland Browns wearing white jerseys, brown pants > orange pants > white pants.

Honestly white jerseys & brown pants is my favorite Cleveland combination of their current set. If it was my call to make that would be the primary road uniform 🤷🏿‍♂️

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Not bad posts at all here is My Philadelphia eagle's uniforms predictions 

Week 1: Eagles @ Falcons 

White/White Vs Black/Black

Week 2: 49ers @ Eagles

white/gold Vs Midnight green/White

Week 3: Eagles @ Cowboys (MNF)

Midnight green/white Vs White/blue

Week 4: Chiefs @ Eagles

White/Red Vs Midnight green/white 

Week 5: Eagles @ Panthers

White/Midnight Green Vs Blue/Black

Week 6: Buccaneers @ Eagles (TNF)

Pewter color rush vs black color rush

Week 7: Eagles @ Raiders

White/White vs Black/Silver

Week 8: Eagles @ Lions

White/White vs Blue/Silver

Week 9: Chargers @ Eagles

White/Gold vs Midnight green/White

Week 10: Eagles @ Broncos 

White/Midnight green vs Orange/white

Week 11: Saints @ Eagles

White/Gold Vs Black Color rush

Week 12: Eagles @ Giants 

White/Midnight Green vs Blue/White

Week 13: Eagles @ Jets

white/white vs Green/Green

Week 15:  WFT @ Eagles

White/White vs Midnight Green/White

Week 16: Giants @ Eagles

white/grey vs Black Color Rush

Week 17: Eagles @ WFT

white/midnight green vs Red/Red

Week 18: Cowboys @ Eagles 

White/Blue vs Midnight green/White

Lets hope I'm right. 

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I’m not even sure that would be allowed to happen anyway. Even if it was, somebody deserves to get canned.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That is just a super depressing matchup 

That’s exactly my point, they are way too close to eachother.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

The Browns and 49ers are wearing a throwback jersey this year. Will they still wear the alternate that they already have?

The Niners will probably wear the white and red throwbacks back-to-back, as a “throwback month” marketing promo. The Browns, with all of their different combos, will probably still wear the all-turd set once, maybe week 12-13 ish.

On 5/16/2021 at 4:44 PM, DNAsports said:

Isn’t there a rule that permits teams to have no more than an ordinary home and away set plus two alternates? If that’s the case, then San Francisco and Cleveland are fine.

Yes the NFL changed the rules recently. Teams have primary light and dark and can have 2 alts. Those 2 alts can be anything. 2 throwbacks, throwback and color rush, Color Rush and Alt, Alt and throwback, Color Rush and Color Rush,  Alt and alt... you get the point.

Examples: Chargers have 2 Color Rush, Dolphins have 2 throwbacks, Bills, Lions, and Steelers have Throwback and Color Rush, Bears, and Falcons have Throwback and Alt, Cardinals have alt and color rush, and since they no longer use the green pants the Seahawks technically have 2 alts.

Archived