2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

8 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

Apparently, the Panthers have not worn said combo since their inaugural 1995 season.

hahahaha. silly me.  i guess i'm an OG fan for real :)

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about the Browns facemask color is that it's more complicated to make a change than it is for any other team because the the facemask is part of the logo. Considering they leaned heavily into traditional aspects of the uniform when they changed last season, I thought it was strange that they kept the brown facemask from the disastrous 2015-2019 era. But maybe it had something to do with not wanting to have to deal with a logo change along with it.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:06 AM, Sport said:

gray is much better than brown, but neither is the correct facemask color for the Cleveland Browns. 

gettyimages-716201.jpg?w=1200

I will not be responding to any interactions with this post. 

I've been a long-time supporter of the white facemask as I loate gray facemasks, but I actually love the brown facemask for the Browns. Either brown or white for me from now on...but they can throw all gray facemask in the fire as far as I'm concerned. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Ravens really led us on with the purple pants being worn so frequently last season down the stretch.

Ravens' black pants are their best look on the road in my book, though the black socks drag it down a bit. With purple socks, they'd be even better. I like the purple pants, but the stripes really don't do it for me. They feel like a lazy last-second addition rather than part of the uniform set. If the Ravens had an actual striping pattern that they stick to, instead of the lazy B/W/B stripe, the purple pants wouldn't bother me as much. I would love it if the Ravens went B/P/W/P at home and B/W/B/P on the road full time.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

3 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Ravens' black pants are their best look on the road in my book, though the black socks drag it down a bit. With purple socks, they'd be even better. I like the purple pants, but the stripes really don't do it for me. They feel like a lazy last-second addition rather than part of the uniform set. If the Ravens had an actual striping pattern that they stick to, instead of the lazy B/W/B stripe, the purple pants wouldn't bother me as much. I would love it if the Ravens went B/P/W/P at home and B/W/B/P on the road full time.

How is a BWB stripe lazier than no stripe at all on the black pants? Just curious what you think the striping pattern should be. The white pants is just the inverse of that. With the purple and white flip flopping. Seems pretty consistent to me.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

How is a BWB stripe lazier than no stripe at all on the black pants? Just curious what you think the striping pattern should be. The white pants is just the inverse of that. With the purple and white flip flopping. Seems pretty consistent to me.

I just think the stripes don't match the rest of the set, with the jersey lacking stripes and the helmet using barely noticeable tapered stripes. The stripes don't really fit the vibe of the rest of the uniform in my book, using a more classic stripe on a uniform that otherwise relies on color blocking and modern fonts/colors. The black pants, plain as they are, fit better given the style of the rest of the uniform in my book. If there were to be a striping pattern on all the pants, something closer to the tapered stripes on the helmet would match a bit better.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

I've been a long-time supporter of the white facemask as I loate gray facemasks, but I actually love the brown facemask for the Browns. Either brown or white for me from now on...but they can throw all gray facemask in the fire as far as I'm concerned. 

Luckily, I'm 99% sure facemasks aren't flammable. Especially gray facemasks, which have certain magical properties which make them not only aesthetically  superior but also nearly indestructible.

Just look at it... so beautiful...

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Haha, that was my first thought: "Hey, that won't be bad with black socks." But I'm guessing you're right: they'll wear white anyway.

Maybe the social media team knows something we don't. The Bengals wore all-white with white socks week 1 and therefore should have plenty of actual photos to use for the graphic. They chose instead to photoshop black socks onto Trey Hendrickson and I know it's a photoshop because that's a combination the team hasn't yet worn with the new uniforms. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Sport said:

I'll be surprised if they wear black socks, though. 

That's the picture I was waiting on to judge (well, in lieu of actual in-game photos)...as much as I still believe the Bengals' road uniforms would benefit from about 20% more orange, this look would be their best, then followed by the white over black with orange socks. 

58 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Luckily, I'm 99% sure facemasks aren't flammable. Especially gray facemasks, which have certain magical properties which make them not only aesthetically  superior but also nearly indestructible.

Just look at it... so beautiful...

spacer.png

Yeah, but let's talk about that gray grass though!!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

41 minutes ago, tBBP said:

That's the picture I was waiting on to judge (well, in lieu of actual in-game photos)...as much as I still believe the Bengals' road uniforms would benefit from about 20% more orange, this look would be their best, then followed by the white over black with orange socks. 

Yeah, but let's talk about that gray grass though!!!!

The Browns were playing Eastern Michigan that day up in Ypsi.

12 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I was secretly hoping the Seahawks would wear white/green with navy socks for the first time this week. The last 3 times they have faced Minnesota they wore color rush jerseys so it's only right they wear color rush pants on the road this time. 

Seahawks already confirmed white over navy.

Archived