2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

41 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Teams don’t seem to think this way though. A lot of teams will wear white at home one weekend and then color at home a week later. I’m just saying I didn’t see any way the Fins would wear aqua Week 4, especially since the time we’re talking about (Week 7, 2016)  only happened once, and it was five years ago. Miami already confirmed white throwbacks tomorrow anyway.

This could've saved us a half a page of posts had somebody looked it up earlier.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Not really, in the last few years, here’s how they’ve used all white:

2016 - white/white @Saints 10am, they wore grey for SNF at the Cardinals, Grey at Green Bay for a late afternoon game, white/Grey at Tampa Bay in a late afternoon game, white/navy at New England on SNF, and white/navy for the playoff game in Atlanta

2017 - every Seahawks road game this year was either late afternoon or prime time, they wore all white against the Rams on a clear sunny day, white/navy against the 49ers, Jaguars, and Packers (all late starts so kind of night time games?), all Grey at the giants at 4:25, white/Grey at the titans 4:25, and color rush at Arizona on TNF

2018 - they wore all white on MNF against the bears, but also wore white/navy for a London game against the raiders; besides that it was white/navy on the road except white/Grey against the Rams and all Grey in Arizona 

2019 - no white/white or white/Grey this year, wore white/navy for every road game (including multiple prime time and playoff games), except Grey in Arizona and Grey in SF on MNF

2020 - white/white in week 1 against Atlanta early game, white/Grey at Buffalo early game, white/navy against the Eagles on MNF, all Grey in Arizona in a game that got flexed to SNF, and white/navy at Washington and at Rams in sofi

2021 - so far we’ve just seen white/navy on the road, I hope we don’t wear Grey in Arizona again… I’d like to see all white in Pittsburgh on SNF, grey against the Rams, and white/grey against the Texans… hopefully Washington wears all white when they host Seattle on MNF so we can see the navy/grey

I looked again at the instances of the Seahawks wearing all white throughout the years since the current uniforms' first season in 2012. Seattle has worn the all white during the first two months of the season in recent years most of the time. They wore the all white for primetime games against Washington in 2014, Green Bay in 2015, San Francisco in 2012, and in Chicago in 2018 as you mentioned. These are what I recalled. The team used to wear the all white more during the first two years, 2012 and 2013, but have limited down on them. I believe this is the case because December and November the potential for rain is greater in certain team's region, and the team wouldn't want to stain their uniforms because white is easier to stain.

When Seattle wore the all white for the teams I mentioned, it was in the part of the year where the Seahawks played in those teams' places when it was warm (excluding the mention of San Francisco). From what I can see, they wear all white for games depending on the circumstance and how good it may be, during the first two months. The Pittsburgh game looks like it may fall in line with the Chicago, Green Bay, and Washington games they had. They have already had 3 road games so far.

As stated previously, the early-00s NY Giants road unis were near-prefection. The jerseys actually incorporated some blue. Grey pants gave the grey facemask some purpose. They also complimented the home uniforms much better than the version the followed.

041114-SCHOCKEY-Jeremy-KL.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

As stated previously, the early-00s NY Giants road unis were near-prefection. The jerseys actually incorporated some blue. Grey pants gave the grey facemask some purpose. They also complimented the home uniforms much better than the version the followed.

041114-SCHOCKEY-Jeremy-KL.jpg

I appreciated it using more blue (especially when they switched to those blue socks). But something about those red numbers with the blue outline never sat right with me for some reason.

Carolina’s black pants make their look today so unbalanced. If your helmet is silver or white your pants should never be darker than that (unless being worn with a white jersey) 

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The yellows differ in canzman's graphic, threw me off.

Thx

Well if we want to get technical, the pants are different materials. Steelers with the matte Nike fabric, packers with the ripon pants, so they might look slightly different due to that. They both use the same color color in terms of Pantone codes.

1 hour ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 5 (Part2)
Eagles @ Panthers
PM6rfiU.jpg

NL5CrBK.jpg

Much better!  Nice job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived