2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

On 5/15/2021 at 3:34 PM, Phillyspecial2018 said:

Not bad posts at all here is My Philadelphia eagle's uniforms predictions 

I was watching an episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air the other day and Will Smith was wearing a kelly green Philly throwback from the Randall Cunningham era that had the big ‘eagle’ logo on the jersey sleeves and it looked so damn good. (I had forgotten how nice those were) that all I could think of is WHY OH WHY do they continue to wear that downgraded midnight green set when they could be wearing those same kelly green kits with that same jersey and the silver pants.  

That would be one of the finest primary sets in the NFL, but instead they choose those outdated ones from the late 90’s which is livable but nowhere close to the kelly green.

Then .... when they wear their alternate black-mono set they look horrible, and the midnight green collar doesn’t help...  BLAHHHHH !! 🤮 

I can live with AZ in black once or twice a season as long as they’re wearing white pants.  Now that Cincinnati has done their re-do I would have to think that the Cardinals are at the very top of the line for an upgrade. I liked their prior set but with the red pants on the road.

Finally, I wish these teams would stop wearing the same color socks as their pants.  Baltimore .... love the purple pants but get some white striped socks FGS.  The black ones have no contrast to the purple pants.

This black NFL uniform fad (NYJ, PHL) is way past it’s sell-by-date.  Excluding the RAIDERS, CIN, ATL (w/out the blk pants), and PIT, because black has long been their primaries, not alternates.  That’s my opinion.

*** when watching on TV the kelly green was much brighter than the photo below ⬇️

spacer.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Eagles wore silver/gray pants (not charcoal) with the current home and road jerseys, it'd be pretty cool. If they never go back to kelly green, at least give us a look that reminds us more of the kelly green uniform. 

It'd also be cool if they could design a full bodied modern eagle. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Quick predictions for the Ravens 2021 uniform schedule:

• White/purple in Week 1 at Las Vegas because if you're gonna open up away from home on a Monday Night, better bring out your finest combo
  • Week 2 vs the Chiefs will NOT feature the black jerseys. I think they will opt for purple/white instead to avoid a repeat of last year (black/white in 2020 vs KC).
  • The three games that do feature the black jerseys? Two of them have to be home primetime matches, so I'm certain that means Week 5 vs Indy (predicting all-black), Week 12 vs the Browns (black/purple against white/orange similar to 2018...please??), and Week 17 vs the Rams (black/white) to throw in a 4pm game.
  • White/black in Weeks 2 and 13 (at Denver, Pittsburgh) and all-white in Weeks 3, 11, and 16 (at Detroit, Chicago, and Cincinnati). The rest, well...you know what I expect by now
  • If the Color Rush uniform is available to come back, I'll say they wear it in Week 9 vs the Vikings. Minnesota wears all-white in response, but if no CR, I'll say that matchup will be purple/black vs white/purple for a repeat of the snowy 2013 game.
  • All-purple vs the Chargers in all-white in Week 6, purple/white in Weeks 7 and 15 (vs Bengals, Packers) , and purple/black in Week 18 (vs Steelers)

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

5 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

I was watching an episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air the other day and Will Smith was wearing a kelly green Philly throwback from the Randall Cunningham era that had the big ‘eagle’ logo on the jersey sleeves and it looked so damn good. (I had forgotten how nice those were) that all I could think of is WHY OH WHY do they continue to wear that downgraded midnight green set when they could be wearing those same kelly green kits with that same jersey and the silver pants.  

That would be one of the finest primary sets in the NFL, but instead they choose those outdated ones from the late 90’s which is livable but nowhere close to the kelly green.

Then .... when they wear their alternate black-mono set they look horrible, and the midnight green collar doesn’t help...  BLAHHHHH !! 🤮 

I can live with AZ in black once or twice a season as long as they’re wearing white pants.  Now that Cincinnati has done their re-do I would have to think that the Cardinals are at the very top of the line for an upgrade. I liked their prior set but with the red pants on the road.

Finally, I wish these teams would stop wearing the same color socks as their pants.  Baltimore .... love the purple pants but get some white striped socks FGS.  The black ones have no contrast to the purple pants.

This black NFL uniform fad (NYJ, PHL) is way past it’s sell-by-date.  Excluding the RAIDERS, CIN, ATL (w/out the blk pants), and PIT, because black has long been their primaries, not alternates.  That’s my opinion.

*** when watching on TV the kelly green was much brighter than the photo below ⬇️

spacer.png

I totally agree that these are more superior than the midnight green. My dad loved Randall Growing up so he bought a white spacer.png jersey the other day

My guess on the Browns for 2021
Brown over white with brown striped socks for Preseason Week 1 at Jaguars (w/w/w), Week 3 vs. Bears (w/n/w striped), Week 6 vs. Cardinals (w/w/r), Week 11 vs. Lions (w/b/b), week 15 vs. Raiders, and Week 18 vs. Bengals (w/b/b)

Brown over orange with brown striped socks week 8 vs. Steelers (w/y/b), week 14 vs Ravens (w/p/b)

White over white with white striped socks for Preseason Week 2 vs. Giants (b/w/b), Preseason week 3 at Falcons (b/b/b), Week 2 vs. Texans (n/w/n), Week 4 at Vikings (p/w/p), Week 9 at Bengals (o/b/b)

White over orange with white striped socks for week 1 at Chiefs (r/w/r striped), week 12 at Ravens (b/b/b), week 17 at Steelers (color rush)

White over brown with white striped socks week 5 at Chargers (b/y/b), week 10 at Patriots (n/n/n)

All Brown color rush Week 7 vs. Broncos (w/w/b)

Rumored all white 46 throwback week 16 at Packers(g/y/g) (They might break these out once at home too maybe the home opener vs. Texans instead of standard all whites or week 3 vs. Bears)

Packers Predictions:

Week 1 at New Orleans - white/yellow vs. black/black (again)

Week 2  vs. Detroit MNF - white/blue vs. green/yellow (DET hasn't worn blue pants at Lambeau since 2017 when they debuted - also a Monday night game)

Week 3 at San Fran - white/yellow vs. red/gold (yet again)

Week 4 vs. Pittsburgh - white/yellow vs. green/yellow (too much yellow as always)

Week 5 at Cincinnati - white/yellow vs. black/black (please keep the orange and the white on the shelf, Bengals)

Week 6 at Chicago - white/yellow at navy/white

Week 7 vs. WAS - white/burgundy at green/yellow (WAS pant color could go either way, could also see this being a throwback week if the Packers introduce one)

Week 8 at ARI - white/yellow vs. Color Rush black (I'm cool with it in this case, we've seen ARI in red vs. Green Bay before anyway)

Week 9 at KC - white/yellow vs. red/white

Week 10 vs. SEA - white/grey vs. green/yellow (We've seen this matchup a lot lately, with SEA not having much luck in any other combo)

Week 11 at MIN - white/yellow vs. purple/white

Week 12 vs. LAR - bone/bone/blue vs. green/yellow (don't see the Rams wearing blue pants again or yellow, hope they at least give us blue socks)

Week 14 - vs. CHI - white/navy vs. green/yellow

Week 15 at BAL - white/yellow vs. purple/black (this week seems to be when BAL has used up all its other combos and finally breaks this one out)

Week 16 vs. CLE (Christmas) - white/orange vs. green/yellow

Week 17 vs. MIN - white/white vs. green yellow (I hope and expect MIN to wear all-white and finally switch things up for this matchup)

Week 18 at DET - white/yellow vs. blue/gray

55 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

You don't have to make predictions for some of the teams. We know they'll wear the same thing most of the time.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought this.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Totally real uniform predictions for Dallas-

• Week 1-17

spacer.png

There's going to be a team that does Dallas. Maybe the Cowboys will don blue for a home game if last year was an anomaly of what they regularly did.

By the way, it's an 18 week schedule now with 1 bye week for every team.

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

There's going to be a team that does Dallas. Maybe the Cowboys will don blue for a home game if last year was an anomaly of what they regularly did.

By the way, it's an 18 week schedule now with 1 bye week for every team.

I know it is. I meant it as their 17 games. Highly doubt they wear these to face the bye week. Although, with how pretentious Dallas is with these uniforms, I wouldn’t be surprised.

On 5/4/2021 at 9:35 PM, QCS said:

This...

redskins-yellow-pants-kerrigan.jpg

Looks better than this.

6208a036-b365-4d26-86e5-464871ffeba6-USP_NFL__Philadelphia_Eagles_at_Washington_Footbal.jpg?crop=3262,1835,x1,y157&width=3200&height=1801&format=pjpg&auto=webp

And I say that as someone whose preferred football combo is usually Color/Color/White/Color. That pop of gold is incredible.

Is it just me or does the yellow facemask just pop better without the helmet stripe? There is more contrast and for their next identity I hope they keep this look

7 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

Is it just me or does the yellow facemask just pop better without the helmet stripe? There is more contrast and for their next identity I hope they keep this look

To me, it looks dull/faded out when paired with a helmet stripe

On 5/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, DNAsports said:

Totally real uniform predictions for Dallas-

• Week 1-17

spacer.png

I'm very certain that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will wear the same outfit as they did in Super Bowl 55.  White jersey/pewter pants in week 1.  Meaning Dallas will wear navy blue.  The next week the Chargers will wear WAH as well, meaning again navy for Dallas. 

I wouldn't rule out Washington Football Team and the Giants wearing white against Dallas as well, especially the Giants wearing WCR against Dallas like they usually do every other year.

51 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I'm very certain that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will wear the same outfit as they did in Super Bowl 55.  White jersey/pewter pants in week 1.  Meaning Dallas will wear navy blue.  The next week the Chargers will wear WAH as well, meaning again navy for Dallas. 

I wouldn't rule out Washington Football Team and the Giants wearing white against Dallas as well, especially the Giants wearing WCR against Dallas like they usually do every other year.

I wouldn’t be so sure about all that. We only saw the navy jersey once last season. Which was Week 1 vs LA

On 5/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, DNAsports said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about all that. We only saw the navy jersey once last season. Which was Week 1 vs LA

And the year before that, they were worn many times, only the Eagles and Patriots didn't put them in blue. Maybe last year when they didn't wear blue at home was because of the 60th  anniversary, or maybe not. It's hard to say. 

The Chargers game is a good bet that they'll go WAH. The argument against it is that the Chargers play inside. But Sofi Stadium is a semi inside-outside stadium. The sun still shines through the glass down the field for the early season games. I think the Chargers wear white for the home opener just like they did last year against Chiefs. Last year, the Chargers home opener was affected by the wildfires that was happening throughout the west coast, so the heat was dampened by it.  Without something like the wildfires, it should be hotter.

The case against the Tampa Bay game is that it's a night game. Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl in white and got there wearing white tops for two of their road playoff games. That is the case the Bucs will wear white for the game to open the season, to honor what they had going.

The Saints wore the white CR against Dallas in 2019. It is a good bet NO will do it again. Another reason is that it's on FOX for a Thursday night game. New Orleans game against the Vikings was on FOX for a Friday night game which was a substitute for Thursday night, and the Saints wore the white CR uniform.

New England didn't force Dallas in the navy blue in 2019, when in the 2003 and 2011 games they did. This one could go either way.

My predictions for WAH games.

Buffalo: Steelers and Football Team in regular whites, white throwbacks in November or October game

Carolina: Jets, Saints, and maybe Eagles

Chicago: white throwbacks for a December game

Cleveland: Texans

Dallas: all homes???

Houston: Jaguars (all white)

Jacksonville: Broncos and Cardinals

Los Angeles Chargers: Cowboys

Los Angeles Rams: bone against Buccaneers

Miami:  Bills, Colts, and Falcons

New Orleans: white color rush against Cowboys 

San Francisco: white throwbacks against Colts

New York Jets: either against Patriots or Titans

Tampa Bay: Cowboys, Falcons, Dolphins, and maybe Bears

Tennessee: Cardinals and Colts

Other teams like the Falcons, Colts, Packers, Raiders, and Patriots have done WAH, but they are harder to guess.

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

My predictions for WAH games.

Buffalo: Steelers and Football Team in regular whites, white throwbacks in November or October game

Carolina: Jets, Saints, and maybe Eagles

Chicago: white throwbacks for a December game

Cleveland: Texans

Dallas: all homes???

Houston: Jaguars (all white)

Jacksonville: Broncos and Cardinals

Los Angeles Chargers: Cowboys

Los Angeles Rams: bone against Buccaneers

Miami:  Bills, Colts, and Falcons

New Orleans: white color rush against Cowboys 

San Francisco: white throwbacks against Colts

New York Jets: either against Patriots or Titans

Tampa Bay: Cowboys, Falcons, Dolphins, and maybe Bears

Tennessee: Cardinals and Colts

Other teams like the Falcons, Colts, Packers, Raiders, and Patriots have done WAH, but they are harder to guess.

The Ravens have done white at home for their home opener several times in the past, including last year, although I'm not sure if that always was a thing or only something they did when their Week 1 game was Sunday at 1 pm at home.

spacer.png

Archived