2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I think if you are using a white helmet you need to pair it with either a white jersey, white pants, or both.  This jersey with the white pants is such an improvement over this look.

I agree with this. This somehow works though, but still not as good as white pants. I used to hate when the Titans went columbia over navy with the white helmet and I don't think the Panthers look good in blue over black because of the silver helmet.

General rule if the helmet, jersey and pants are 3 different colors than either the jersey or the pants need to be white.

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Shame. We're being deprived of the best matchup in football:

GettyImages-1298216355-1.jpg

Though I suppose this isn't so bad:

1LiPFnH9RlWgi9pNElfc8xUZqj7nX0t7UDGwoxMG

The Bills uniforms have too many issues to be part of the “best matchup in football.” Unnecessary Navy trim, plain-white socks with white pants, hip/name-plate logos, and truncated helmet stripe are all details that I dislike with their current unis. If they wore the “standing buffalo” throwbacks against the Chiefs, I might consider that the best matchup in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Andrew7256 said:

I looked back to last season. The Chargers never wore the same pants two weeks in a row. So white pants seems likely. Browns in orange pants would go well with the Chargers look.

This is why I was so surprised when they wore white on white for the first two games of the season this year.

18 hours ago, Cujo said:

A quick reminder of how ridiculous most current teams look with a grey facemask -- especially the Rams, Ravens, Bengals and Cardinals.

usxA5rg.png

Most of the teams look great with the gray face masks. The only ones that look strange are Carolina and New England.

3 hours ago, BryanSmalls said:

Most of the teams look great with the gray face masks. The only ones that look strange are Carolina and New England.

I'd like to report a dupe account for oldschoolvikings

6uXNWAo.png

11 hours ago, BryanSmalls said:

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

I'd like to report a dupe account for oldschoolvikings

😆

That can't be me... I would never have such a crazy opinion as to say Carolina and New England would look strange in gray facemasks...

Insanity.  

15 hours ago, VikWings said:

I agree with this. This somehow works though, but still not as good as white pants. I used to hate when the Titans went columbia over navy with the white helmet and I don't think the Panthers look good in blue over black because of the silver helmet.

General rule if the helmet, jersey and pants are 3 different colors than either the jersey or the pants need to be white.

The additional problem with both of these looks is that they get progressively darker as you move down.  That makes them look unbalanced and bottom heavy.  They would both be at least a little better (though not necessarily good) if the pant and jersey colors were reversed.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/6/2021 at 12:46 AM, Cujo said:

A quick reminder of how ridiculous most current teams look with a grey facemask -- especially the Rams, Ravens, Bengals and Cardinals.

usxA5rg.png

The only few teams that look good in grey facemask are the Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants (if they just stick to grey pants for ONCE), Falcons, and Seahawks. Possibly Carolina, but oh well.

I prefer the Chiefs in white.

Rams look better with blue.

Ravens will always work with black.

Chargers with either yellow facemask or maybe white.

Packers look great in their forest green facemask.

Colts to me are better with white or blue facemask.

I think the Broncos need a new facemask color because the navy blue one makes them look like the Bears. I rather the Broncos with white facemask like the old days of the 1980's and early 1990's.

I rarely seen many red facemask except for the Patriots. Cardinals need a red one.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Yea the black and red stripes are alittle to close to Georgia 

I think that was part of their intent.  That's why the throwbacks have gold in there, because they were trying to get fans of Georgia Tech in as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

I think that was part of their intent.  That's why the throwbacks have gold in there, because they were trying to get fans of Georgia Tech in as well. 

They’ve been around for 50ish years. People in Georgia will be fans of them whether they are playing Georgia dress up or not.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:46 AM, Cujo said:

usxA5rg.png

Only a handful of these are a downgrade. Most are an improvement or lateral move.

fiowXOD.png

Archived