2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

1 minute ago, darthjocan said:

This Ravens combo has only ever been worn one other time before last night. And that's a shame because it's a fantastic look, IMO.

Week 17 of the 2018 season vs the  Browns

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now, fresh from the "We Need Some Pics!" department (for those of us who couldn't or didn't see the game last night)...

usa_today_16937849.0.jpg

3000.jpeg

(*not from last night; just shows the combo)

151504.jpg

ravens21_wk5_lamarjackson2-800x445.jpg

I'll go ahead and say it: they need to make that permanent, either as an alt or primary. I'm of the opinion that the more team colors a uniform can properly show off (keyword: PROPERLY), it should be done. This fits that bill. 

On the other side, the Colts are probably the one team I don't mind wearing head-to-toe white, being that their uniforms are so white-heavy as they are--though it'd be nice if they had blue-striped white socks instead of the solid white ones. I'd say the same for the  Buffalo Bills, too--and don't they actually have a set of white stripes socks sitting around somewhere? 

But yeah, back to the Ravens: that right there is a great look for them.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 minutes ago, tBBP said:

And now, fresh from the "We Need Some Pics!" department (for those of us who couldn't or didn't see the game last night)...

usa_today_16937849.0.jpg

3000.jpeg

(*not from last night; just shows the combo)

151504.jpg

ravens21_wk5_lamarjackson2-800x445.jpg

I'll go ahead and say it: they need to make that permanent, either as an alt or primary. I'm of the opinion that the more team colors a uniform can properly show off (keyword: PROPERLY), it should be done. This fits that bill. 

On the other side, the Colts are probably the one team I don't mind wearing head-to-toe white, being that their uniforms are so white-heavy as they are--though it'd be nice if they had blue-striped white socks instead of the solid white ones. I'd say the same for the  Buffalo Bills, too--and don't they actually have a set of white stripes socks sitting around somewhere? 

Seems to be a common thing with some of these potentially awesome uniforms.  Vital thing missing: proper socks.  The Colts looked good but would've looked great with traditional striped or blue top block socks. 

On 10/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, NFLfan10 said:

I think the Panthers go black pants this week after the loss.

Also fully expect this to be an Eagles black jersey game. They've already worn green four times, plus they always wear black on Thursday Night Football when they play at home.

I guarantee Back in Black this Thursday, and vs the Giants too later in the year

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Ravens could be black over purple and white over purple and never have to do any other looks again. It's really very nice for them.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 10/8/2021 at 2:59 PM, Ark said:

I really don't understand the hate for the Seahawks uniforms.

They look nice aesthetically and they are unique. They are easily the best monochrome uniforms in the NFL.

the neon green are not, the navy unis are. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/5/2021 at 9:43 PM, MJD7 said:

wCQB9gk.jpg

This is my uniform matchup of the year so far, for sure. It’s very likely to stay in that spot the rest of the way too. The bright and vibrant colors of the Chargers contrast so well with the simple silver & white of the Raiders. I only wish this game was in the sunshine so the Chargers colors could have popped even more.

XkSOboy.jpg

Alright, the Chargers might have outdone themselves just a week later in the “matchup of the year” race. These are two of the best uniforms in the NFL in my opinion, and the powder blue of the Chargers plays off of the orange and brown of Cleveland wonderfully. Although I like the yellow pants for the Chargers, they picked a good week not to wear them, as the yellow would probably clash with the Browns’ orange.

(As a side note, I really like the brown pants as an option on the road for Cleveland. The orange and white pants are great too, but I really like how the brown pants perfectly match the sleeve and sock stripes.)

36 minutes ago, sudden said:

Cincy will be white/white (black stripes) this week.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/bengals/oosyyzgvvumkseekurpr.pdf

Damn. Wanted black pants. They wore white on white last time they played at Detroit, and we've seen it in preseason several times too.

I wonder, will the Lions wear their standard home uniform or will we get some other unpleasant surprise, which can apparently happen any given week with this team...

7 hours ago, MJD7 said:

XkSOboy.jpg

Alright, the Chargers might have outdone themselves just a week later in the “matchup of the year” race. These are two of the best uniforms in the NFL in my opinion, and the powder blue of the Chargers plays off of the orange and brown of Cleveland wonderfully. Although I like the yellow pants for the Chargers, they picked a good week not to wear them, as the yellow would probably clash with the Browns’ orange.

(As a side note, I really like the brown pants as an option on the road for Cleveland. The orange and white pants are great too, but I really like how the brown pants perfectly match the sleeve and sock stripes.)

Games like these are where the brown pants look really good for Cleveland. Not their best uniform, but one absolutely deserving of being in the rotation. 

It IS cool that the Browns' pants practically match both the shoulder & sock stripes. Albeit, technically speaking, one could view the width of the outer browns being much wider (thus not matching exactly), since those aren't really stripes, but rather the color each pant leg itself. As much as I like this look, it might even be better if the pants sort of mimicked the helmet, so that their headgear isn't the only part that doesn't have the same striping pattern as the rest.

Plus, every other element includes white, whereas the pants do not. I think an actual 5-stripe design of orange/brown/white/brown/orange (2 outer orange stripes & 1 white middle stripe spaced apart, similar to the striping pattern of KC's red road pants regalia) would work at least as well, if not better. Thus, the longtime traditional NFL look of having helmet & pants stripes + shoulders & socks stripes matching one another, respectively, enters into play.

After all, when the Browns wear orange pants, that is indeed the way it is. Additionally, I even may be inclined to say the same in regards to the white pants (orange/brown/white/brown/orange, as opposed to orange/brown/orange), a la the mold of a Florida Gators-esque appearance — Cleveland historical tradition be damned! I am not a stickler for consistency per se, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have throughout all looks, either!

On 10/11/2021 at 10:41 PM, ManillaToad said:

Yeah this Ravens look seemed off at first, but over the course of the game I've really warmed up to it. Solid look

Yeah it’s not bad kind of fun, I still prefer the black over white and black over black though.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:14 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Ravens could be black over purple and white over purple and never have to do any other looks again. It's really very nice for them.

IMHO, the purple over white and white over white both look too good to ditch either the purple jerseys or the white pants.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Shame the Bucs won't wear the pewter pants... Would look great.

Rams vs Giants is going to be a disaster, unless the Rams released an incorrect uniform schedule. Throw in they both wear blue helmets, it will not be pretty.

Bengals obsession with white over white I don't understand. The black pants look much better, and Detroit has no clashing colors.

I think the Black over color look is very underrated. I wouldn't want it full time as a primary, but for the Jags and Ravens, it's an excellent alternate. I wonder if it's the Black helmet that makes it work, since I can't imagine the Jets doing it and looking good.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I think the Black over color look is very underrated. I wouldn't want it full time as a primary, but for the Jags and Ravens, it's an excellent alternate. I wonder if it's the Black helmet that makes it work, since I can't imagine the Jets doing it and looking good.

Since they unveiled the new set, I’ve been wanting the Jets to try black-white-black or even white-black-green

Archived